Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Will Jeff Fuller Stay Healthy enough to help the Argos?

Jeff Fuller has displayed the potential to be a top receiver for years but injuries have led to the question whether this will ever happen.

For Toronto Argonauts off-season addition Jeff Fuller, the question has always been ‘what if?’
    Fuller joined the Boatmen as a free agent in February, bringing with him a 6-foot-4, 223-pound frame and a mountain of unfulfilled potential.
    What if he could stay healthy? For Fuller, the thought is all too familiar.
    “I kind of put that target on my back because I’ve been out quite a bit,” he said. “Pretty much everywhere I’ve gone they’ve kind of given me that role as the No. 1. It’s just a matter of me being healthy and staying on the field. That’s what it comes down to.” ...

After three seasons in Calgary and one in Regina, Fuller immediately becomes one of the Argos’ top receiving threats after signing in free agency. He comes as a low-risk, high-reward venture after the team lost most of its 2016 receiving corps, including Diontae Spencer and Kenny Shaw this off-season.
    Fuller also arrives in his career prime, coming in at age 27 and one year removed from a stint in the National Football League.
    While injuries have taken their toll — he missed 14 games in two seasons from 2014 through 2015, then suffered a season-ending injury in his first game as a Rider last season — the Argos were lured by all of those ‘what ifs’.
    “That was the best option at the time,” said Fuller. “I was looking at a few other teams and they just put the best deal on the table. That’s how it is, basically.”
    After a career in the spotlight at Texas A&M, Fuller joined the Calgary Stampeders in 2013, bursting into the scene with 254 receiving yards and 15 catches over a three-game span. While two separate injuries sidelined him throughout 2014, Fuller was consistent as a sophomore, recording 55 or more yards in six of his eight games.
    A career year in 2015, in which Fuller recorded 619 yards and three touchdowns in 14 games, led him to the NFL in 2016. But when things didn’t work out south of the border he was back in the CFL by October, this time with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Then, after just two catches in his first game in green and white, injury struck again.
    “It was kind of tough,” said Fuller. “It’s just kind of disappointing to be out of the game for so long because when I came and played it was Week 17 or something in Regina, I hadn’t played a football game or put on pads or even been in an organization since last season in Calgary.”
    In the off-season, the Riders made some big splashes at the position while Fuller wasn’t offered an extension. Without a general manager in place or a head coach, the Argos came knocking in February. The move to Toronto made sense. ...

“During February it was free agency time and the Argos gave me a call, put an offer on the table and I just accepted. It was before Popp came in but I knew eventually they were going to get somebody in place and with the winning tradition that Toronto has, I figured they would get someone with a solid resume.”
    http://www.cfl.ca/2017/05/02/fuller-...atter-healthy/

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Argos success this year (as we know) will be based on the health of many of the existing and new players.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022