Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    There would seem to be a slight anti media bias in this chat room (; I have heard a few guys shredded. Frankly, I find it odd that they are the ones who LOVE the CFL. The animal kingdom is an odd place. Sometimes we eat our young in the wild. haha

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    It's more than slight, JG. And yes, some of those most hated on are the ones who like the CFL, and in one case someone who has -- and uses -- Argo season tickets.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtownfan View Post
    Here's a nice media change: since the Athletic TO finally put an Argos logo on their front page, and have been doing some Argos coverage, I decided to buy a subscription. I always said I would if they did, and they just got a year-long subscription because of it.
    Just an FYI on the Athletic, I Emailed them and they will be adding their Android App to the Amazon App Store so that BlackBerry 10 users can use it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    There would seem to be a slight anti media bias in this chat room (; I have heard a few guys shredded. Frankly, I find it odd that they are the ones who LOVE the CFL. The animal kingdom is an odd place. Sometimes we eat our young in the wild. haha
    All those Toronnawannabe media types who just LOVE the CFL and are constantly reporting on and promoting or hyping the CFL and the Argos - not at all afraid to show their support there and no fear of looking un-cool for standing up for a non - "Major League" of "world class" entity like the CFL/Argos. Kudos to them - they are so prevalent and appreciated = gawd love them. The Argo future in wannabeland looks bright indeed with all that support.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    The Toronto Sun not reporting much on the CFL all of a sudden, after giving the League some good coverage in the off season. What has happened to Frank?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    The Toronto Sun not reporting much on the CFL all of a sudden, after giving the League some good coverage in the off season. What has happened to Frank?
    You'd almost think that Rogers is on the verge of purchasing them. I'll cut them some slack for now. But when main camp opens tomorrow, they better have the daily coverage that us fans are accustomed to getting.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    He's still there but their commitment to sports coverage has been sharply reduced because the parent company is in dire financial straits. Nowadays the Sun sports section runs 20 pages most days; it was regularly 28-32 the past few years. Some excellent CFL reporters (especially Scott Mitchell and the guy out of Winnipeg whose name escapes me at the moment) have either accepted buyouts or departed of their own volition, and not been (and won't be) replaced.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    He's still there but their commitment to sports coverage has been sharply reduced because the parent company is in dire financial straits. Nowadays the Sun sports section runs 20 pages most days; it was regularly 28-32 the past few years. Some excellent CFL reporters (especially Scott Mitchell and the guy out of Winnipeg whose name escapes me at the moment) have either accepted buyouts or departed of their own volition, and not been (and won't be) replaced.
    Damn shame actually.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Kirk Penton is who you are speaking of, Paul. The losses of Penton and Mitchell are huge for CFL fans. I was excited with Mitchell's coverage of the Argos' off-season but he has now jumped to TSN to cover the Blue Jays (like they need any more coverage).
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Football/.../22727227.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Obviously many do not feel the media represents them or their interests in today's society. They may feel the media is more inclined to make news, or judge what should be news, instead of telling it, and it goes much deeper than what they cover in the sports section, which has become laughable in many newspapers. It can easily be argued that many media networks, print and electronic have lost all semblance of impartiality and don't even care to seem impartial. With that kind of attitude, it's no wonder many have a disdain for media, or as you call it Gonzo, an anti-media bias. I don't necessarily disagree. Perhaps it could be why many newspapers are losing money hand over fist...I wonder how many stay in business, whether they are self-sustaining themselves in the local market or being funded by non-local sources to spew the stuff they do...hmmm.

I guess many people on this board still read and care, if not support these media networks financially, following the adage of keeping their friends close, and their enemies even closer.

If the media seemed supportive or even impartial to their cause, they may feel differently, but how could you not understand otherwise?
    Last edited by Gill The Thrill; 05-28-2017 at 03:37 PM.