The Argos were the worst team in the CFL in 2016 finishing 5-13. The coaching staff has undergone a complete overhaul with Scott Milanovich resigning and moving to Jacksonville to be the QB coach and Jim Barker being fired. They were replaced by Marc Trestman and Jim Popp respectively. The complications in putting these two in place meant that the Argos missed out on several marquee free agents. With training camp a few weeks away I wanted to ask people what their honest, realistic expectations were for this upcoming season:

Offence

The Argos will go as far as Ricky Ray's health will take them. His injury history has been well documented and I will not repeat it. Drew Willy, Jeff Mathews and Cody Fajardo compete for his backup spots.

I'm comfortable with the situation at running back.

The Argo receiving corps even with S.J Green is still a little thin. Fuller has an injury history and Paden is inexperienced as is Jones and Wylie. The Argos could use some luck here.

The o-line still makes me nervous. The LT spot is still up in the air and the right side of the OL is still a concern too.

Defence

The D-line should be solid.

The Argos need a MLB.

I hope the secondary will improve with a year of experience under their belts.

Anyways, I'm hoping that the Trestman/Popp duo gives the Argos some intangibles, and if some guys stay healthy and emerge then maybe we can pull a shocker on the rest of the league. It's contingent on many things, but hoping things break the Argos way for once.