Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 108 of 108
  1. #101
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Points: 21,319, Level: 91
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    AngeloV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    7,350
    Points
    21,319
    Level
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    The O Line still needs improvement IMO. IIRC Ray was still sacked more than any other quarterback this season.
    That number has significantly decreased since the arrival of Jonathan Himebauch. IMO, he has been the biggest difference maker for the O since his arrival.
    F*&# ROGERS!!!

  2. #102
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Points: 3,873, Level: 39
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    494
    Points
    3,873
    Level
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    The O-Line has been much improved since Himebauch arrived but IMO James Wilder’s emergence as a legit running threat has stopped our opponents from simply pinning back and pressuring Ray (as was happening before).
    Agree. And we've all been talking about a dominant running game around here forever. It changes everything and makes everyone look, and play better. See the confidence the O-Line grabs? You can actually see it in their demeanor. They are bulls that want to the gate to open so they can start bucking downfield.

    The timing of Himebauch's positive arrival, Brandon Washington to RG, and the Wild Thing all together; has all worked out so well, that I would not be surprised if this team actually won the Grey Cup.

    Seasons turn like that, especially in this league. We have been witness to such positive O.Line turnarounds here before and it has resulted in paydirt.

    BTW, kudos to all Argo fans here. Looking back at this thread was rather impressive. Many (most) of us had some very interesting, and perceptive observations heading into this season.
    Last edited by Jon Gonzo; 11-12-2017 at 11:33 AM.

  3. #103
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Points: 27,783, Level: 98
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 567
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,193
    Points
    27,783
    Level
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Agree. And we've all been talking about a dominant running game around here forever. It changes everything and makes everyone look, and play better. See the confidence the O-Line grabs? You can actually see it in their demeanor. They are bulls that want to the gate to open so they can start bucking downfield.

    The timing of Himebauch's positive arrival, Brandon Washington to RG, and the Wild Thing all together; has all worked out so well, that I would not be surprised if this team actually won the Grey Cup.

    Seasons turn like that, especially in this league.
    I agree. Wilder's running and the dramatic improvement in the OL's performance have been mutually reinforcing leading to the Argos peaking at just the right time.

  4. #104
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Points: 6,653, Level: 53
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    ArgoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,053
    Points
    6,653
    Level
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I too predicted that 9-9 record is possible. Where is my prize?
    A beer at the tailgate?

  5. #105
    New Fan
    Points: 39, Level: 1
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 35.0%

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    11
    Points
    39
    Level
    1
    I just went through this thread again, and unless I'm mistaken or missed something not a single person predicted a Grey Cup berth for us this year. Most were doubtful we'd even be better than last year. Regardless if we win or lose next week, you can't help but be proud of this team and what we did this year.

  6. #106
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Points: 2,788, Level: 32
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    timlb01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    374
    Points
    2,788
    Level
    32
    Unblievable result this year. Popp and Trestman are unreal. There is no way this happens if they did not bring those guys in. Amazing year and hopefully we will all be happy next Sunday night!!!
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

  7. #107
    Boatman
    Points: 4,068, Level: 40
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    181
    Points
    4,068
    Level
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeslet'sgo View Post
    I just went through this thread again, and unless I'm mistaken or missed something not a single person predicted a Grey Cup berth for us this year. Most were doubtful we'd even be better than last year. Regardless if we win or lose next week, you can't help but be proud of this team and what we did this year.
    100% agree.

  8. #108
    Argo Fan
    Points: 775, Level: 14
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Section 219
    Posts
    70
    Points
    775
    Level
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    Unblievable result this year. Popp and Trestman are unreal. There is no way this happens if they did not bring those guys in. Amazing year and hopefully we will all be happy next Sunday night!!!
    Absolutely! Great job Argos, and thank you. What a ride it is!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts