Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

2017 East - West Bowl

Laval will host the 2017 East-West Bowl on Saturday May 13th.

The Rouge et Or, who will host the week-long event featuring U SPORTS football players heading into their Canadian Football League draft year, last welcomed Canada’s top university prospects in 2006 and 2007.
    This year’s event, which kicks off on May 8, will mark the 15th in its history and also includes four days of practices, a combine for participating players, a CFL free agent camp as well as the traditional East-West Bowl banquet.
    Reigning Hec Chrighton Trophy winner Noah Picton of the Regina Rams, along with Kyle Siemens of the Saskatchewan Huskies will quarterback the West team. Laval’s Hugo Richard, MVP of the 52nd ArcelorMittal Dofasco Vanier Cup and Nate Hobbs of Queen’s will be under centre for the East side.
    In his third season with Regina, Picton broke the U SPORTS record for passing yards with 3,186, while Richard threw for two touchdowns and rushed in the game-winning score to lead the Rouge et Or to a 31-26 victory over Calgary, the team’s ninth Vanier Cup title.
    http://www.cfl.ca/2017/03/01/laval-h...t-bowl-may-13/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The article discusses ten prospects worth watching at the East-West Bowl during the week of the bowl.

http://www.cfl.ca/2017/03/01/cfl-cas...ast-west-bowl/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The West defeated the East 37-13 in this year's East-West Bowl.

Reigning Hec Crighton Trophy-winner and Regina Rams quarterback Noah Picton threw for 228 yards and recorded three touchdowns. ...
    With a second consecutive win, the West improves its record to 9-6 since the Canadian Football League top prospects game was inaugurated in 2003.
    Picton, who won the Hec Crighton Trophy in 2016, awarded to the most outstanding U SPORTS player, continued his stellar year when he was awarded the game’s MVP title for the West, after completing 15 passes in 20 attempts for 228 yards and two majors, in addition to scoring one himself on the field.
    “It was good to cap off the week like that! With these all-star games, you never know how well you’re going to gel with your teammates or what the defense is going to throw at you. I thought that as a whole, our team executed on offense and defense and we just connected together at the right time,” said Picton, who also complimented his offensive line. “Our offensive line in Regina is good, but we had stars here. It sometimes felt like being in front of a brick wall!”
    Dinos head coach Wayne Harris led the West Team, six months after taking Calgary to the Vanier Cup final.
    “It’s not about the win necessarily, but it’s nice to get it for sure,” he said. “All these guys are competitors, and I’m happy for our players that they were victorious today. It’s great to see the week’s efforts get rewarded.”
    For the East, the MVP title was awarded to Bishop’s Gaiters kicker Vincent Dubé, who was responsible for his team’s 13 points with four field goals and one single.
    “The guys in front of me, the long snapper and the holder all did great work. I was just happy to be here,” said the Montmagny, Que., native. “It’s 45 minutes away from the stadium, so it was like playing at home.
    “With the Gaiters’ transfer to the Maritimes, it was the last opportunity I had to play at Laval University and I took advantage of it,” he added.
    “It was a great experience,” said East head coach Gary Waterman of the StFX X-Men. “As I’ve said all week, it’s been fantastic to work with many talented individuals from Canada. That applies to the coaches too, and being able to see the great work they do.”
    https://www.cfl.ca/2017/05/13/west-c...ast-west-bowl/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    The article discusses ten prospects worth watching at the East-West Bowl during the week of the bowl.

http://www.cfl.ca/2017/03/01/cfl-cas...ast-west-bowl/
    Some intertesting prospects, but IMO it is not looking like a very talented and deep CIS draft class for next year; nobody really stood out that much with eye popping testing #s from the Combine at this game either.

A few Div I starting O-linemen should be up for the CFL draft to bolster that class, but not there is that much US ball Canadian talent that will be on the next draft board either ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Clicking on the url below allows you to see the photo highlights of the game.