Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
Dropped by training camp on Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday the players were registering and weighing in. Interesting observation was that there were two minor league teamed practicing and scrimmaging on the Argos practice field with a handful of pros participating. I heard this is a long standing tradition dating back to Keith Pelley. Social media covered a similar Ticat event, but you seem to need to hire a private eye to find that Argos a similar event. Haha. My offhand remark was that you guys have gotta stop being the best kept secret in this city!! Lots of good news on this front.

While the players only had a walk through yesterday, we dropped by early and had a wonderful opportunity to speak with staff and the players as they showed up. Ricky Ray and Marcus Ball stopped and happily chatted with us. Last time we saw Marcus off the field, he held his baby daughter in his hands. She's age 5 now.

The O-line are a great bunch and are very accessible. Brandon Whittaker's great too. Shawn Lemons introduced us to his pal DT Bishop. Special Team players Jake and Lirim are special guys. Those two are also inseparable.

Jim Popp was MIA, but Marc Trestman once again came right over to say hi. Briefed us on the day schedule and said he'd chat after practice.

Some of the new American coaches came over after practice and introduced themselves. Kevin Eiben was great to meet and talk football with. We discussed his career from when his family immigrated from Ohio, to his HOF time at Bucknell to his pro career.

It seems like Marc T. has set a new tone for the team. This team will be accessible to media and fans alike. His team, and the coaches and players will act accordingly. A new football culture has arrived in Toronto and I like it!
Awesome, I'm going to try to get out one day this week.