Reply to Thread
    Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Announcement to the Membership

This was one of the most difficult off-seasons in Argos history, and Lord knows there's been a lot of them, for reasons that I do not need to re-hash here.

This has contributed to a toxic atmosphere on this board where tempers have flared and some members have felt that their views are not respected or tolerated. We are all passionate fans of this football team and I'm not asking that we all hold hands and sing Kumbaya, but I do ask that all of you try to promote an atmosphere where people feel welcome. Here are a few suggestions:

[1] Some of us have been interacting on the internet for over a decade and some of us are now friends separate and apart from this board. I think it is also pretty clear that we have some stubborn people posting here and that we are not going to budge that person from their positions. Let's not try to poke and prod people for a reaction.

[2] Not every post requires a reply right away. Think, breathe for 20 minutes and then see if your temper has gone down and then post.

[3] Perception is reality and while your post might not seem malicious there is no guarantee that it isn't going to be perceived that way. I'm sure many of you double check your posts before posting, but the guideline I might use is "Would I say that to this person's face?" Also, tone and meaning can be misconstrued easily on the computer so keep that in mind.

These are just a few suggestions.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Sage advise and very well stated. .