Reply to Thread
    New Fan
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level

Ticket sales questions for Argos opener.

Why cant I buy any tickets inn the top right part of BMO? They cant be all sold out, so are the Argos reserving them for someone? also on another note, its kinda alarming how little tickets have been sold for the opener. what u guys think is the reasoning for that?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas.miller View Post
    Why cant I buy any tickets inn the top right part of BMO? They cant be all sold out, so are the Argos reserving them for someone? also on another note, its kinda alarming how little tickets have been sold for the opener. what u guys think is the reasoning for that?
    The top of the East side has been reserved for group sales.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas.miller View Post
    Next to non-existent marketing.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    Next to non-existent marketing.
    They did a huge marketing push before and during last season and it didn't seem to make much of a difference so they've probably learned from that. Better to focus on grassroots efforts and build it up over the longer term IMO. Having said that I've seen a lot of online advertising but that's probably targeted based on me visiting Argonauts and CFL related websites.

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Argos ticket office said that the group sales are selling quite well. That is the blocked out section. They mentioned low ticket prices but you have to purchase a block of tickets to get them and business and groups are responding. Having some of the Jays ticket and marketing personnel doesn't hurt, seems they know what can work. Don't need to throw money at too much advertising as the media will do that for us. Team needs to cooperate and play exciting football. TSN is happy if there are lots of viewers. Even though the team did not play well in 2016 they were still a high draw in every other park. Stats are on CFLdb site. What is happening this year was missing last year and it seemed the team had more wins in them in 2016 but they just gave up. Short yardage after Ray got hurt had poor reaction times and no power. That QB is no longer with the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofan_1000 View Post
    Argos ticket office said that the group sales are selling quite well. That is the blocked out section. They mentioned low ticket prices but you have to purchase a block of tickets to get them and business and groups are responding. Having some of the Jays ticket and marketing personnel doesn't hurt, seems they know what can work. Don't need to throw money at too much advertising as the media will do that for us. Team needs to cooperate and play exciting football. TSN is happy if there are lots of viewers. Even though the team did not play well in 2016 they were still a high draw in every other park. Stats are on CFLdb site. What is happening this year was missing last year and it seemed the team had more wins in them in 2016 but they just gave up. Short yardage after Ray got hurt had poor reaction times and no power. That QB is no longer with the team.
    I am assuming that you mean that they have MLSE ticket and marketing personnel and not the Jays who are owned by rival Rogers.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    from the Jays per Ethan at the Argo office.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Mike Hook, the Argos' new head of ticket sales, worked previously for the Jays and probably brought some others from over there.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Sorry, I misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying, Paul.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Ticket sales are irrelevant.
    aside from GameDay atmosphere. Argos could be playing in front of 200 people at varsity stadium, they aren't folding as long as people watch on tsn.

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level

Smile Tickets available

you can see the tickets on the Ti-Cats site for the Argos home opener. My estimate excluding the group sales area (can't see this but hear it is selling) is 5-6K tickets left. still 3 weeks to go. I have watched sales over the last 2 weeks since the single game tickets became available and you can see them disappear every day. I may use some of my free tickets to bring a couple more fans with me.

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    They did a huge marketing push before and during last season and it didn't seem to make much of a difference so they've probably learned from that. Better to focus on grassroots efforts and build it up over the longer term IMO. Having said that I've seen a lot of online advertising but that's probably targeted based on me visiting Argonauts and CFL related websites.
    I agree, there was tons of marketing last year. The ads on TV, the billboards, TTC ads everywhere, the ads in the papers about the Shipyards and $4 beer the articles about in all the papers about the tail gating.
    It's always easy to use that old tired excuse "non-existent marketing" or "lack of marketing" "if only they had spent more money on marketing"
    Lots of great ticket deals this year including the 3 game flex packs with the Flutie bobbleheads etc

New Fan
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Although the upper east side is dedicated to groups we will be offering the opportunity to fans to purchase tickets on a single ticket basis, this however can only be done over the phone. They won't be at a discounted rate. Any group of 10 or more will receive a discount.
    We will also be launching a new family package in this section (4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 drinks) - $99
    If you wish to purchase tickets in the section please send me an email and I would be happy to help anyone out.
    Thank you
    Michael Hook
    mhook@argonauts.ca

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook16 View Post
    Although the upper east side is dedicated to groups we will be offering the opportunity to fans to purchase tickets on a single ticket basis, this however can only be done over the phone. They won't be at a discounted rate. Any group of 10 or more will receive a discount.
    We will also be launching a new family package in this section (4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 drinks) - $99
    If you wish to purchase tickets in the section please send me an email and I would be happy to help anyone out.
    Thank you
    Michael Hook
    mhook@argonauts.ca
    Thanks for all the info on multiple threads. Keep it up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook16 View Post
    Thank you
    Michael Hook
    mhook@argonauts.ca
    That $99 family deal is great, hopefully you promote it. If you promote it on social media I'll definitely share it.