Thread: Season tickets

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Season tickets

Just curious to ask with 11 days left before the first pre-season game, have the Argos sent out season tickets yet? I'm pretty sure they were sent in early May, maybe even April last year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I recalled last year getting them the last week of May so I would think should be getting them this week.

I wonder if they'll do traditional paper tickets this year or perhaps they'll go with the cards this year as I beleive other teams/leages do now.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Deliveries start on the 30th.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Sent for printing two weeks ago and being sent out this week is what I was told.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks, I could swear I had last years tix for several weeks before the first pre-season game...maybe I just feel that way because the pre-season is coming up several days earlier this season. I believe the first pre-season game last year was June 11th, a Saturday afternoon. This season it's on a Thursday.

On a side note, I don't want to make a new thread on this topic because there is one every year and it's many pages long, but do any of you know if the Argos have maintained the same amount of season seats sold as last season, gone down or increased. I believe they were at 8k last season...I admit I waited to see which direction the football operation was going and renewed immediately after the confirmed hiring of both Popp and Trestman. I don't think I was alone in waiting though as it was that kind of season last year.

Unfortunately when teams don't have the same corporate support that the Leafs do (and are more dependant on fans shelling out their own dough without a tax deduction), and no other team in this city does...a bad season is usually felt at the box office in the following year. Ask the Blue Jays about that in between their playoff appearances.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I changed my seats late, so I may not even get my tickets until just prior to the Home Opener. Hopefully, I can use the mobile entry (I've never used it before).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Thanks, I could swear I had last years tix for several weeks before the first pre-season game...maybe I just feel that way because the pre-season is coming up several days earlier this season. I believe the first pre-season game last year was June 11th, a Saturday afternoon. This season it's on a Thursday.

On a side note, I don't want to make a new thread on this topic because there is one every year and it's many pages long, but do any of you know if the Argos have maintained the same amount of season seats sold as last season, gone down or increased. I believe they were at 8k last season...I admit I waited to see which direction the football operation was going and renewed immediately after the confirmed hiring of both Popp and Trestman. I don't think I was alone in waiting though as it was that kind of season last year.

Unfortunately when teams don't have the same corporate support that the Leafs do (and are more dependant on fans shelling out their own dough without a tax deduction), and no other team in this city does...a bad season is usually felt at the box office in the following year. Ask the Blue Jays about that in between their playoff appearances.
    I read in a recent article that the number of season tickets is down, no number was given. Copeland said in the article that it was expected/normal after a Grey Cup hosting year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Level
    I received my season tickets last year on Monday June 6th.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I read in a recent article that the number of season tickets is down, no number was given. Copeland said in the article that it was expected/normal after a Grey Cup hosting year.
    Geez, it's not as if hosting the Grey Cup really helped sell season tickets with the price of Grey Cup tix being as exorbitant as they were last season. The decline in season seats after a Grey Cup usually happened in places like Calgary, Edmonton or Winnipeg which would probably have 20k - 25K season seat holders in a Grey Cup year. Edmonton probably had closer to 30k and even more in some Grey Cup hosting years when they'd usually lead the league in avg attendance.

It is what it is I guess. Remember the Argos were not exactly drawing fans even when they jumped to a 4-2 start last season. I just hope the team plays more entertaining ball this year and gets more fans coming down to BMO, it was a nice place to be despite the lousy football last year. Realistically, the home opener may again be the only 20,000+ game, with possibly Ottawa and Montreal drawing close to 20K if all things work out nicely. Should Saskatchewan have a decent season, their fans could push attendance to close to 20K at BMO this season. With under 10K season seats, let's be realistic, drawing a walk up of 10,000 with today's prices does not happen anymore.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Geez, it's not as if hosting the Grey Cup really helped sell season tickets with the price of Grey Cup tix being as exorbitant as they were last season. The decline in season seats after a Grey Cup usually happened in places like Calgary, Edmonton or Winnipeg which would probably have 20k - 25K season seat holders in a Grey Cup year. Edmonton probably had closer to 30k and even more in some Grey Cup hosting years when they'd usually lead the league in avg attendance.

It is what it is I guess. Remember the Argos were not exactly drawing fans even when they jumped to a 4-2 start last season. I just hope the team plays more entertaining ball this year and gets more fans coming down to BMO, it was a nice place to be despite the lousy football last year. Realistically, the home opener may again be the only 20,000+ game, with possibly Ottawa and Montreal drawing close to 20K if all things work out nicely. Should Saskatchewan have a decent season, their fans could push attendance to close to 20K at BMO this season. With under 10K season seats, let's be realistic, drawing a walk up of 10,000 with today's prices does not happen anymore.
    I'm actually way more excited and optimistic heading into this season than I was a year ago, new regime (with a proven track record) and fresh approach is just what the Argos needed.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I'm actually way more excited and optimistic heading into this season than I was a year ago, new regime (with a proven track record) and fresh approach is just what the Argos needed.
    So am I, other than the new outdoor stadium and the hosting of the Grey Cup, I was quietly concerned about the product on the field from the opening kickoff last season. I just didn't think the Argos did enough to improve the glaring weaknesses they had in previous seasons in the secondary, the O-line, the run defense and of course back up QB. You knew that if last year's team sustained any injuries, which is not unfathomable in football, the team was going to fold like a cheap deck of cards because they had no depth in most positions and that's what predictably happened.

PS - For years I've always said that if the Argos went back to playing outside and out of that stinking dome, I'd get seasons, and that's exactly what I did despite the reservations about the product on the field.

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level

In the internet era, there is no need to have a "walk up" crowd, it doesn't happen anymore. Besides it would be impossible to handle thousands of "walk up" fans, if you go to the box office at BMO they will have a maximum of 3 ticket windows open at that north end ticket office.
    If you show up one hour to half an hour before the game at the box office and each fan buying a ticket takes around 10 minutes to look at the seat chart, choose a seat, process his credit card etc. It would likely take one hour to process 100 people. Thousands lining up for tickets? it would be impossible to handle

The home opener should be the biggest crowd of the year, probably over 20k. Too bad there is only one home game against the Ticats this year and only one during the Ex. I think the Monday night game against Ottawa will be the lowest crowd of the year and possibly Week 18 in late October against the Bombers especially if the Argos are out of the playoffs and it's a cool evening.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    slimjim at it again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Actually the Grey Cup did help and the Grey Cup pricing wasn't announced until after the season had started IIRC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Tickets schedules to arrive this week. Assuming it will be via Purolator again

http://mailchi.mp/argonauts/flutie-f...9?e=d6b76e9434

Exclusive entrance for STHs will be gate 3. Never used that entrance. I usually go in and out of 1 but suspect most do so it's a good way to spread the crowds around the place.

New Fan
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level

Re: Mobile Entry

Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    I changed my seats late, so I may not even get my tickets until just prior to the Home Opener. Hopefully, I can use the mobile entry (I've never used it before).
    Mobile entry works great. Worked as a member of the Gate Staff team for 2 years and it's a nice alternative to bringing paper e-tickets or your souvenir-stock tickets.

Regardless of when your physical tickets arrive, you should be able to access your Argos Account Manager June 1st. When you select mobile entry, it will allow you to save a PDF copy of your ticket to your smartphone (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, etc.). Make sure you have enough charge on your phone before heading to the game (it happens more often than you think!)

Pull up the PDF on your phone by the time you reach the ticket scanner at the gate. The scanner can scan the barcode on the screen, provided the barcode is large enough (may need to enlarge it on your screen) and the screen brightness is turned up.
    Sunny games may require you to tilt the phone so the glare doesn't affect the scan.

Any other questions regarding mobile entry can be directed to our ticketing line 416-341-2746 or clientservices@argonauts.ca

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Level
    Received my season tickets this morning by Purolator.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofandave View Post
    Received my season tickets this morning by Purolator.
    Received a missed delivery notification today. Lol any day but a Wednesday would have worked for me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Received a missed delivery notification today. Lol any day but a Wednesday would have worked for me.
    I missed mine as well and they'll be at the local Purulator depot at 6:30 so will get them this evening.

Curious to see what the gift is...no spoilers here please

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    The season ticket packages are really nice -- a lot nicer than the credit-card style some teams have gone to. I suspect Argos will go that route at some point in the future, but for now I love having the lanyards and large tickets.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7