Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
Greaves was horrible at kicking and punting on Thursday
I love this move and was wondering where Ronnie Pfeffer was as I thought he filled in quite nicely a couple of years ago when Swayze Waters went down. I didn't know if he was still with Ottawa or was an FA coming into the off-season.

As far as Greaves, the former QB/kicker from Acadia and great athlete coming out of high school in Barrie, his kicking wasn't up to pro standard on Thursday to be fair, and I do love to pull for those Canadians as I grew up watching the CFL and view Canadian players as the lifeblood of the league in terms of building local fan relevancy and marketing. Greaves looked nervous and rushed all his kicks...if he's got the strength, that could be worked on in the practice roster, and with a good private kicking coach. He's also listed as a receiver and is a good athlete. Cole Watson, an American from North Carolina had a good game receiving but his kicking wasn't great either.

Pfeffer, a national out of WLU is a capable kicker who has shown upside during game action, so I love this move and felt the need to post without even reading the other posts. The kicking game is a third of the game in Canadian Football, so it's very important you have a capable backup in case of injury or in case a kicker gets a mental block and loses their effectiveness the way Boris Bede did last year in Montreal.