Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level

Beast of the East 2021

Who's it going to be?

A couple of weeks back - especially after the win in the Hammer - I had myself convinced it was the Argos; but my hopes were dashed after that sad performance against the Als.

Als - lost starting QB; but maybe Shiltz can be sharp and manage games for them?; will they ride a power ground game with Stanback? Good O_line and a couple of big play receivers in Lewis & Weineke. Their D is only so-so IMO; and their rookie FG kicker has had some struggles - this could prove costly when a clutch FG is needed in a big game

Ticats - 1-2 punch at QB is real nice to have, and some good receivers; weakness on the O_line though; but a really good D all-around (couple of iffy spots though like MLB); FG kicking also not real proven

Argos - going to need MBT at his sharpest; can the O_line hold up to allow throws to talented receivers, and will they use a run game ?; and all that D talent has yet to gel under Jones into a solid unit

IF i was forced to bet = sadly I believe i would have to put the money on the Pussycats - cause of the 2 QBs AND more importantly, a good defence.

Boatman
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Who's it going to be?

A couple of weeks back - especially after the win in the Hammer - I had myself convinced it was the Argos; but my hopes were dashed after that sad performance against the Als.

Als - lost starting QB; but maybe Shiltz can be sharp and manage games for them?; will they ride a power ground game with Stanback? Good O_line and a couple of big play receivers in Lewis & Weineke. Their D is only so-so IMO; and their rookie FG kicker has had some struggles - this could prove costly when a clutch FG is needed in a big game

Ticats - 1-2 punch at QB is real nice to have, and some good receivers; weakness on the O_line though; but a really good D all-around (couple of iffy spots though like MLB); FG kicking also not real proven

Argos - going to need MBT at his sharpest; can the O_line hold up to allow throws to talented receivers, and will they use a run game ?; and all that D talent has yet to gel under Jones into a solid unit

IF i was forced to bet = sadly I believe i would have to put the money on the Pussycats - cause of the 2 QBs AND more importantly, a good defence.

One of these three teams is going to go on a hot streak. Hamilton has the depth to put it together. Montreal has the marquee running back to rally behind.
    Toronto is still looking for it's identity in week 13. Argos go 1-3 and lose in the East Semi-Final. It won't be this year for this team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SkalbaniasGhost View Post
    One of these three teams is going to go on a hot streak. Hamilton has the depth to put it together. Montreal has the marquee running back to rally behind.
    Toronto is still looking for it's identity in week 13. Argos go 1-3 and lose in the East Semi-Final. It won't be this year for this team.

I'm just glad there will be no West cross-over ;o)

IMO - could be any of the 3 to take the East = no sure bet there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Updates:

Ticats - kill a weak opponent in the Esks; Masoli looks like he's getting back to his best form; Don Jackson gives them another weapon at RB; still iffy FG kicking though

Als - lose a defensive battle to the Riders; Harris comes in and gives them a spark at QB - I'll guess he is the starter the rest of the way, and if he gets hot like he can - gives them a good shot to take the East

Argos - fluke out a win over a poor Lions team; a few bright spots but lots of poor play and more dumb penalties; not looking that promising

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Updates:

Argos - fluke out a win over a poor Lions team; a few bright spots but lots of poor play and more dumb penalties; not looking that promising
    With a big assist from Jimmy Camacho going 0/3 in FGs for the Lions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Updates:

Ticats - kill a weak opponent in the Esks; Masoli looks like he's getting back to his best form; Don Jackson gives them another weapon at RB; still iffy FG kicking though

Als - lose a defensive battle to the Riders; Harris comes in and gives them a spark at QB - I'll guess he is the starter the rest of the way, and if he gets hot like he can - gives them a good shot to take the East

Yeah, Harris at QB gives me cause for concern. Granted, his play with the Als is a limited sample but if he can find his old form, they could do a lot of damage in the playoffs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    Yeah, Harris at QB gives me cause for concern. Granted, his play with the Als is a limited sample but if he can find his old form, they could do a lot of damage in the playoffs.
    I only got home in time to see the last few seconds of the Mtl-Sask game, and probably won't have time to watch the recording, but it looked to me as if Harris was pissed off with someone or something as time expired. Mad at himself, or already mad at a teammate?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I only got home in time to see the last few seconds of the Mtl-Sask game, and probably won't have time to watch the recording, but it looked to me as if Harris was pissed off with someone or something as time expired. Mad at himself, or already mad at a teammate?

Didn't notice that; maybe he was mad at Khari Jones for going for the onside kick with over a minute left to play (that Duke Williams recovered and ran well into Als territory), when a FG could have won the game for the Als ? Harris was harassed (as Als QBs were most of the game) on the last gasp couple of downs the Als had - so maybe he was po'd at the O-Line or play-calling ?