Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
This is a mistake by the org, plain and simple. A grassroots support operation that everyone loved. No good reason to ditch them has been given.
Yep, couldn't agree more.....as others have said an absolutely idiotic PR move --- hey I have an idea, let's alienate the few die-hards we have left ---- no loyalty shown for these proud few who actually supported this product through the dark ages of Rogers Centre.....ummm for all of you TFC haters out there, the atmosphere that was marketed as the only real selling point for the first 7-8 years of the franchises existence when frankly the soccer sucked something awful (and even today as being the best atmosphere in the city for a sporting event), was all created by grass roots supporters groups that were really from a very small group of fans who got together at various watering holes back in 2006-2007 (or were supporting the Toronto Lynx for goodness sake) and decided to support the product their way (usually based on things they had seen/done in other leagues/countries) -- the front office did not start those groups, the people (like the Argo-notes) started them (I am a member of one of those supporter groups since year 1) and then the front office got on board and created a relationship to work with them accordingly and created a mutually beneficial relationship of co-existence.....it was a "bottom up" (grass roots) and not a "top down" (MLSE corporate) creation as they say....a small group of fans created the atmosphere first and then the team got on board and pushed it along as their marketing tool, the supporters groups were not created by the team --- and that's why they worked, yes there have been some struggles along the way but believe me even starting with 30-100 Argo-notes is bigger numbers than a lot of the supporters groups had way back when, and that now fill the south end with noise and flags and banners etc.

.....but hey.....they've obviously got a plan right.....right? Bueller? Bueller?