Wayne Parrish...are we frickin serious. Is this the same Wayne Parrish who ran the sports section at the Toronto Star in the late 80's. The same era which coincidentally (or not) saw Toronto Argonauts coverage and CFL coverage diminished considerably in their paper. The same guy who once appeared on a Grey Cup Pre-game show in 1989 or 1990 to declare that there would be no CFL teams in Southern Ontario within 8 years. He went on to head basketball Canada. These are facts

The rumours...he hated the CFL and ordered coverage to be diminished as Sports editor at the star, declaring it as over-covered, in much the same Steve Simmons used to say at the Toronto Sun. He (Parrish) never even liked the sport of Canadian Football, maybe even football in general. Whether these are as factual and dramatic as I'm trying to make them out to be, I'm not sure and that's why I've called them rumours. Who knows what his sentiments were then, and maybe more importantly, what they are now?

I honestly don't know what to think of this? particularly if he did apply for the position. I personally hope a guy like Tom Mayenecht applied for the position, because I think he'd be a great seller of the league to the business community throughout the country.