Thread: Final Roster

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I suspect that will make everyone happy. Thanks for the link.

Edit: also, it sounds like we won't be starting a Canadian receiver. Unless Jamal Campbell starts at LT, I think I may have lost my bet with OV! Come on, Jamal!!!!! (heh heh)
    Tuck will probably start at FB with Coombs coming in on 2nd and long to replace him. I would think that would make 5 Canadians positions on the offense.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Tuck will probably start at FB with Coombs coming in on 2nd and long to replace him. I would think that would make 5 Canadians positions on the offense.
    You would put Tuck at FB ahead of Cross?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley View Post
    love it, just on Cody being named #2, Yes I lobbied for it, but funny how the only one reporting this is Toronto Star

cfl.ca has a headline saying Calgary names their backup, but no headline for Cody being named Argos backup, I dont see it elsewhere, perhaps its just lack of respect for Argos?
    Zicarelli's story today seems to suggest that the No. 2 QB is not decided yet. That's buried amidst his criticism of other reporters' questions. Good grief.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    From what I've seen in practice, 5 receivers seems to be their go to formation. Remember Milanovich isn't here anymore

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Either way, they will have to have one of the NAT receivers or NAT FBs on the field at all times if we start four NAT o-linemen. Almost certainly starting only two NATs on D, so 5 it is on offence. On some downs a FB, on some downs Coombs, and then Jones/Ralph/Noel spotting in here and there. I would personally be fine with starting Noel at field WR -- get him some playing time and more experience running routes and blocking downfield. That would give us eight but would mean a capable INT receiver sitting. No matter who plays that position, he likely won't see a lot of passes.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    2 preseason games and 1 regular season game isn't much of a sample size.
    Granted, but it does give us fans a starting point.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    You would put Tuck at FB ahead of Cross?
    Yah I should have said Tuck or Cross. I guess Cross is the returning starter. Last year's #1 pick Brian Jones seems to have been lost in the shuffle as far as starting receivers go. Wonder how he would do playing at the FB spot. Got some size at 6'4 233 and would be another good receiver out of the backfield. But can he block well enough?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Yah I should have said Tuck or Cross. I guess Cross is the returning starter. Last year's #1 pick Brian Jones seems to have been lost in the shuffle as far as starting receivers go. Wonder how he would do playing at the FB spot. Got some size at 6'4 233 and would be another good receiver out of the backfield. But can he block well enough?
    Well when Barker drafted Jones, he really emphasized that he is very physical, so I imagine he is a good blocker. As for Tuck, was he not just converted to FB from DE this off-season?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Trestman did not use a fullback much at all in his time with the Als - from what i recall anyways; Tuck or Cross are fullbacks by name I guess - not sure why either would make the roster ?

Coombs beating out Jones or Noel or even Ralph for a starting receiving job really surprises me; are they going to use the same Durie hybrid/slot, counting on short dump passes & YAC yards spot in this offence? I can't see any way shape or form that a running back like Coombs is a better pure slotback or wide-out than those other 3 - in terms of route running or hands.

Jones sitting on the bench for this Argo team - when some other CFL teams are lacking in NI receiver talent, and Brad Sinopoli puts up thousand yard seasons = what a waste.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Jones was hurt at the end of camp. Not sure if it's serious, but it's possible he'll start the season on the injury list.

Banned
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Zicarelli's story today seems to suggest that the No. 2 QB is not decided yet. That's buried amidst his criticism of other reporters' questions. Good grief.
    I read his story today dated the 20th, I could not see that, maybe another, but I found his June 18th story stated things up in the air, perhaps you meant this.....

from the 18th

Teams need to address the now and the future, and the new-look Argos did precisely that by keeping Jeff Mathews — who has started in Hamilton — Cody Fajardo — who knows the offence and is a solid short-yardage quarterback and holder on field goals — McLeod Bethel-Thompson and Dakota Prukop, a true rookie who begins the season on the practice roster.
    Ricky Ray is the incumbent and the Argos must still decide on what to do with one of the team’s quarterbacks, considering teams can dress three during the regular season.

Whatever,,, in the Star story Trestman was quoted as saying " if you ask me today it`s Fajardo" that was almost word for word, that was just yesterday

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I read his story today dated the 20th, I could not see that, maybe another, but I found his June 18th story stated things up in the air, perhaps you meant this.....

from the 18th

Teams need to address the now and the future, and the new-look Argos did precisely that by keeping Jeff Mathews — who has started in Hamilton — Cody Fajardo — who knows the offence and is a solid short-yardage quarterback and holder on field goals — McLeod Bethel-Thompson and Dakota Prukop, a true rookie who begins the season on the practice roster.
    Ricky Ray is the incumbent and the Argos must still decide on what to do with one of the team’s quarterbacks, considering teams can dress three during the regular season.

Whatever,,, in the Star story Trestman was quoted as saying " if you ask me today it`s Fajardo" that was almost word for word, that was just yesterday
    http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/19...rving-receiver

Cody Fajardo has emerged as the leading candidate to serve as Ricky Ray’s backup.

Toronto’s season-opening game isn’t until Sunday, plenty of time for personnel decisions to be set in stone, but head coach Marc Trestman did mention Fajardo during his media availability Monday.

The question put to Trestman was the predictable what if the season were to begin to tomorrow nonsense.

Banned
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks for the link... prior to reading this I sent email to Frank Z and this is the kind of angry response he sent me. I asked him only if he disputed the Star Story, I mentioned by C Rush and here is his reply, his grammar is not much better than mine, he did sound angry I thought

HEY FRANK NEED YOUR HELP
    Zicarelli, Frank to youshow details

Trestman was asked a hypothetical question. He didn't come out and defintely said Fajardo is No. 2. By the way, the reporter you mentioned is a moron, clueless and incompetent.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the TELUS network.
    Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 5:15 PM
    To: Zicarelli, Frank
    Subject: HEY FRANK NEED YOUR HELP

OTE=paulwoods13;111768]http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/19...rving-receiver

Cody Fajardo has emerged as the leading candidate to serve as Ricky Ray’s backup.

Toronto’s season-opening game isn’t until Sunday, plenty of time for personnel decisions to be set in stone, but head coach Marc Trestman did mention Fajardo during his media availability Monday.

The question put to Trestman was the predictable what if the season were to begin to tomorrow nonsense.
    [/QUOTE]

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    From what I've seen in practice, 5 receivers seems to be their go to formation.
    I hope they can get open fast - I see no reason to believe that our OL is improved over last year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I hope they can get open fast - I see no reason to believe that our OL is improved over last year.
    Agreed, O's success will rest on getting the ball off quickly.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Trestman was asked a hypothetical question. He didn't come out and defintely said Fajardo is No. 2. By the way, the reporter you mentioned is a moron, clueless and incompetent.
    Tell us how you really feel, Frank.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Tell us how you really feel, Frank.
    LOL
    Could lead to a stare down at the next Argonaut media scrum.....priceless!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks for the link... prior to reading this I sent email to Frank Z and this is the kind of angry response he sent me. I asked him only if he disputed the Star Story, I mentioned by C Rush and here is his reply, his grammar is not much better than mine, he did sound angry I thought

HEY FRANK NEED YOUR HELP
    Zicarelli, Frank to youshow details

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the TELUS network.
    Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 5:15 PM
    To: Zicarelli, Frank
    Subject: HEY FRANK NEED YOUR HELP

OTE=paulwoods13;111768]http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/19...rving-receiver

[/QUOTE]

Now that is hilarious. God bless Frank Z for covering the team, but for him to call another reporter a moron and clueless is so damn ironic, I don't even know what else to say. I guess he never saw the look on Milanovich's face after the countless stupid questions he asked over the last 4 years.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Last night I watched on the NFL Network, "Top 10 NFL comebacks." These stories included Comeback #7, Doug Flutie. Bonus in that sequence of stories was an example of absolute Miami's ineptitude at Q was footage of Cleo Lemon completing his throwing motion without the football, which bounced freely on the ground behind him.