Thread: Argo Hype

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

Argo Hype

Just wanting a separate thread to track areas where we are seeing Argos hype.

It was good to see Mitch Marner tweeting about the game: https://twitter.com/Marner93

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/06/25/argos-...-mitch-marner/

Dart guy was there as well:http://sharpmagazine.com/2017/06/26/...auts-makeover/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    sounds like mitch is heading to the Friday game too. Good on him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Naylor and Landsberg actually had SJ Green on their show today, and gave away a pair of seats.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I know some on social media have been questioning how genuine Dart Guy has been. I met him a couple of months ago and I think he is as genuine as they come. I don't know how often he's attended Argo games in the past, but he did attend the 100th Grey Cup and did have a Mike O'Shea jersey on which suggests that he isn't just jumping on the Argo bandwagon now.

It is good to see that they got Marner out to the game don't get me wrong as having personalities from other Toronto teams helps to serve as an endorsement for the Argos. I noted, however, that this was his first Argo game. I was thinking that this is part of the problem isn't it? He is a local kid after all and this is his first Argos game!
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I don't get the questioning of dartguy either, guy seems to be a legit sports fan, period.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    I know some on social media have been questioning how genuine Dart Guy has been. I met him a couple of months ago and I think he is as genuine as they come. I don't know how often he's attended Argo games in the past, but he did attend the 100th Grey Cup and did have a Mike O'Shea jersey on which suggests that he isn't just jumping on the Argo bandwagon now.

It is good to see that they got Marner out to the game don't get me wrong as having personalities from other Toronto teams helps to serve as an endorsement for the Argos. I noted, however, that this was his first Argo game. I was thinking that this is part of the problem isn't it? He is a local kid after all and this is his first Argos game!
    Agreed on the Dart Guy thing. As for Marner attending his first game, he's been playing hockey since he was very young, and hockey today is so time consuming that it doesn't surprise me. they go straight through the year at the elite levels of minor hockey.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Agreed on the Dart Guy thing. As for Marner attending his first game, he's been playing hockey since he was very young, and hockey today is so time consuming that it doesn't surprise me. they go straight through the year at the elite levels of minor hockey.

That is true, I had mentioned that initially and never added it back in when I reworded my post.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    I don't get the questioning of dartguy either, guy seems to be a legit sports fan, period.
    Exactly...I guess the negative Nancys just have to find something to hate on....even if he was a "bandwagon" fan, would that really be a bad thing right now?

Nice to see Marner come out to the game...apparently he bought all the players a drink after the game? Don't know the truth to that...I am not a Leaf fan at all, but am starting to like this Marner kid

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:

Level
    I don't get it either. He did his thing at a Rock game this year as well.
    Would have liked to see him Sunday but missed him. He's a good example of cheering for all Toronto teams!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    I don't get it either. He did his thing at a Rock game this year as well.
    Would have liked to see him Sunday but missed him. He's a good example of cheering for all Toronto teams!
    He seems like a true Toronto sports fan to me.
    He sat directly across from me at that Rock/New England playoff game, and then I met him in person the same week as we both attended a Mississauga Steelheads playoff game.
    I wish there were more fans like him in Toronto - not the usual Toronto sports "poseurs".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    We were sitting a few rows above Dartguy on Sunday. He seemed like a pretty nice guy from what I saw. A couple of people had their photos taken with him. We started a Dartguy chant and it was pretty funny. A Hamilton fan yelled at him in the washroom after the game, telling him to get a day job and he ignored it and took the high road.

Now that I think about it, there were a lot of raving mad TiCat fans at the end of the game, boy howdy it was a sight to see. They weren't exactly friendly either. Kept offering them my free Argos cloth to dry their tears when they wouldn't shut up. It's as if none of them had ever played a competitive sport before. If you win don't be a jerk, if you lose take it like a man.

Sorry for getting off topic there but it was pretty shocking.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    We were sitting a few rows above Dartguy on Sunday. He seemed like a pretty nice guy from what I saw. A couple of people had their photos taken with him. We started a Dartguy chant and it was pretty funny. A Hamilton fan yelled at him in the washroom after the game, telling him to get a day job and he ignored it and took the high road.

Now that I think about it, there were a lot of raving mad TiCat fans at the end of the game, boy howdy it was a sight to see. They weren't exactly friendly either. Kept offering them my free Argos cloth to dry their tears when they wouldn't shut up. It's as if none of them had ever played a competitive sport before. If you win don't be a jerk, if you lose take it like a man.

Sorry for getting off topic there but it was pretty shocking.
    Lol, I don't find it shocking at all. Ticat fans aren't exactly known for their class.

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Jim Popp was been on Overdrive a bit in the last two weeks. Let's see how long it'll last.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Lol, I don't find it shocking at all. Ticat fans aren't exactly known for their class.
    I’ll give a caveat here, I’ve met many ticat fans, my best man at my wedding one one of my other groomsmen are both season ticket holders there, but even they would agree with me on this…

The ticats fanbase is not on average, the most intelligent fanbase. Great fans in terms of showing up and supporting but they haven’t won the big one in forever in spite of being pretty good the past couple years after it seems like a long time in the wilderness.That total @ss kicking on Sunday had to register as a “do not compute!!” to a lot of them.The good fans know there’s winning and losing involved, both happen.The bad ones just don’t want to figure it out and that’s why you get those clowns – between the post-game show and seeing them all crabby on the way out of the stadium, it was a sight to behold.Man if they can’t take the light jabs that were being thrown their way, they should see what the sort of “light jabs” their own throw in the post game…

The old saying if you’re going to dish it out, be ready to take it – sure applies here….

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I sense a thawing of the relationship between MLSE and the Toronto Argonauts with the emergence of high power brand presence at Argos games. Is this the "invisible hand" of Larry Tanenbaum slow, but accelerating influence on the Argos future? Wasn't it earlier this year that Jim Popp all of a sudden showed up with Larry T. at a Leafs game when Michael Copeland was in Regina CFL meetings.

If so, I am a big fan of this development.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    I’ll give a caveat here, I’ve met many ticat fans, my best man at my wedding one one of my other groomsmen are both season ticket holders there, but even they would agree with me on this…

The ticats fanbase is not on average, the most intelligent fanbase. Great fans in terms of showing up and supporting but they haven’t won the big one in forever in spite of being pretty good the past couple years after it seems like a long time in the wilderness.That total @ss kicking on Sunday had to register as a “do not compute!!” to a lot of them.The good fans know there’s winning and losing involved, both happen.The bad ones just don’t want to figure it out and that’s why you get those clowns – between the post-game show and seeing them all crabby on the way out of the stadium, it was a sight to behold.Man if they can’t take the light jabs that were being thrown their way, they should see what the sort of “light jabs” their own throw in the post game…

The old saying if you’re going to dish it out, be ready to take it – sure applies here….
    Are you the one who had the banner in the south end zone "Losers since 2000" ?..... that was classic!
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Naylor and Landsberg actually had SJ Green on their show today, and gave away a pair of seats.
    My wife told me that two Argos players (she had no clue who they were) were on the Marilyn Dennis show this morning. Everyone in the studio audience got two tickets to tonight's game as well as two more tickets to a game of their choice. So the team is trying. If we can keep up the great play from game 1, we might start to see some momentum build.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    Are you the one who had the banner in the south end zone "Losers since 2000" ?..... that was classic!
    Loved it as well!
    I think most Ticat fans expected their team to go into Toronto and blow out the Argonauts, I personally saw a lot of bloody knuckles dragging on the pavement heading to the GO station at the Ex.
    Real shame!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Shawn Lemon and another player was on some early morning TV program a few days ago (Breakfest Television?).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    Hahahah I would love to take credit for that. It was great I got a picture of it to rile up my buddies but no it wasn’t me, I’m behind the argo bench in 125.