Thread: Argo Hype

Hybrid View

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    On Friday (when it was free admission, although I think you're expected to give $5 to some charity thing at the entrance) I went to the Toronto Indy and saw several people wearing Argo stuff. I heard a guy on the P.A. system mention the Argos play at the stadium, and on this 3-minute YouTube highlight video of the races on Sunday you see an Argo cap at 0:09, and the cheerleaders on the post-race victory podium starting at 2:35 .

Edit: I didn't know about this because it was before my time, but it showed up when I did a Google search.
    http://www.wheels.ca/news/speeding-t...o-a-tradition/
    In 1959 ... things happened that would lead to the eventual extinction of oval track car racing at the Ex ... the Toronto Argonauts moved from Varsity Stadium ... a "war" literally broke out between the football team and the racers. The Argos did not appreciate having their field -- in the infield of the now-quarter-mile race track -- periodically torn up by out-of-control racing cars. By the early Sixties, the football team had convinced the powers-that-be to kick the race cars out of the Ex once the regular CFL season started in July.
    Last edited by S.A.C.; 07-17-2017 at 09:58 PM.