Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    We were sitting a few rows above Dartguy on Sunday. He seemed like a pretty nice guy from what I saw. A couple of people had their photos taken with him. We started a Dartguy chant and it was pretty funny. A Hamilton fan yelled at him in the washroom after the game, telling him to get a day job and he ignored it and took the high road.

Now that I think about it, there were a lot of raving mad TiCat fans at the end of the game, boy howdy it was a sight to see. They weren't exactly friendly either. Kept offering them my free Argos cloth to dry their tears when they wouldn't shut up. It's as if none of them had ever played a competitive sport before. If you win don't be a jerk, if you lose take it like a man.

Sorry for getting off topic there but it was pretty shocking.
    Lol, I don't find it shocking at all. Ticat fans aren't exactly known for their class.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Lol, I don't find it shocking at all. Ticat fans aren't exactly known for their class.
    I’ll give a caveat here, I’ve met many ticat fans, my best man at my wedding one one of my other groomsmen are both season ticket holders there, but even they would agree with me on this…

The ticats fanbase is not on average, the most intelligent fanbase. Great fans in terms of showing up and supporting but they haven’t won the big one in forever in spite of being pretty good the past couple years after it seems like a long time in the wilderness.That total @ss kicking on Sunday had to register as a “do not compute!!” to a lot of them.The good fans know there’s winning and losing involved, both happen.The bad ones just don’t want to figure it out and that’s why you get those clowns – between the post-game show and seeing them all crabby on the way out of the stadium, it was a sight to behold.Man if they can’t take the light jabs that were being thrown their way, they should see what the sort of “light jabs” their own throw in the post game…

The old saying if you’re going to dish it out, be ready to take it – sure applies here….

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    I’ll give a caveat here, I’ve met many ticat fans, my best man at my wedding one one of my other groomsmen are both season ticket holders there, but even they would agree with me on this…

The ticats fanbase is not on average, the most intelligent fanbase. Great fans in terms of showing up and supporting but they haven’t won the big one in forever in spite of being pretty good the past couple years after it seems like a long time in the wilderness.That total @ss kicking on Sunday had to register as a “do not compute!!” to a lot of them.The good fans know there’s winning and losing involved, both happen.The bad ones just don’t want to figure it out and that’s why you get those clowns – between the post-game show and seeing them all crabby on the way out of the stadium, it was a sight to behold.Man if they can’t take the light jabs that were being thrown their way, they should see what the sort of “light jabs” their own throw in the post game…

The old saying if you’re going to dish it out, be ready to take it – sure applies here….
    Are you the one who had the banner in the south end zone "Losers since 2000" ?..... that was classic!
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    Are you the one who had the banner in the south end zone "Losers since 2000" ?..... that was classic!
    Loved it as well!
    I think most Ticat fans expected their team to go into Toronto and blow out the Argonauts, I personally saw a lot of bloody knuckles dragging on the pavement heading to the GO station at the Ex.
    Real shame!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    Hahahah I would love to take credit for that. It was great I got a picture of it to rile up my buddies but no it wasn’t me, I’m behind the argo bench in 125.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Hahahah I would love to take credit for that. It was great I got a picture of it to rile up my buddies but no it wasn’t me, I’m behind the argo bench in 125.
    Bringing 3 people with me tonight so I moved from 226 to 126. Should be a good game.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

How the Argonauts are planning to make you care about them:

https://theathletic.com/76380/2017/0...re-about-them/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    How the Argonauts are planning to make you care about them:

https://theathletic.com/76380/2017/0...re-about-them/
    It's a good article. I shared the crap out if it on facebook.

I still think the argos should advertise on the 905 area public transit and papers, not everyone in the existing fanbase (which is pretty much outside of toronto) uses social media or the internet.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    CFTO just ran a piece on Doug Flutie and his Bobblehead Night. Also mentioned that you can get 2 tickets for $19.97.

EDIT: The Argonauts ran a commercial for the Flutie Bobblehead Night during the news broadcast too.
    Last edited by Neely2005; 07-19-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    It's a good article. I shared the crap out if it on facebook.

I still think the argos should advertise on the 905 area public transit and papers, not everyone in the existing fanbase (which is pretty much outside of toronto) uses social media or the internet.
    If you read the article, you presumably would have noticed this:

Contrary to the perception, Moore said most Argos season ticket holders live downtown, and not in the suburbs. She defined downtown, loosely, as the boundaries of the old city of Toronto.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Breaking down the Argonauts brand with the help of a Canadian marketing guru:

https://theathletic.com/101791/2017/...arketing-guru/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Maybe this is the Athletic’s intent or Fitz-Gerald’s and fair enough if so, but I’m craving some analysis – pre-game and post-game – especially during the season.

Who’s in, who’s out, how practice is looking, etc. I’ve gotta assume a guy like Sean Fitz-Gerald is more than capable of providing this information.

But I will admit as interesting as some articles are like this or his one on the annual corn roast, these could easily be done in the off-season. I mean we have a game tomorrow and the discussion in on marketing?

I dunno maybe I’m the only one here but that’s my take. Somewhat disappointed as I was hoping the Athletic would fill the void of Argos analysis.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Yah, I didn't find the article particularly enlightening or helpful in terms of Argonauts marketing.
    However, as a topic, I found it worth exploring.

I don't believe The Athletic is (currently) set up to do game analysis and strategy for the Argonauts either.
    Leafs are where the money is and that is where the bulk of the resources go, therefore, more team/game analysis on the Leafs.
    As we all know, the Argonauts following doesn't warrant greater resources currently.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Maybe this is the Athletic’s intent or Fitz-Gerald’s and fair enough if so, but I’m craving some analysis – pre-game and post-game – especially during the season.

Who’s in, who’s out, how practice is looking, etc. I’ve gotta assume a guy like Sean Fitz-Gerald is more than capable of providing this information.

But I will admit as interesting as some articles are like this or his one on the annual corn roast, these could easily be done in the off-season. I mean we have a game tomorrow and the discussion in on marketing?

I dunno maybe I’m the only one here but that’s my take. Somewhat disappointed as I was hoping the Athletic would fill the void of Argos analysis.
    The Argos need a beat writer who uses Twitter who can report on the goings-ons at practice. Frank Ziccarelli does not use Twitter and Mike Hogan sometimes has duties at TSN 1050 that prevents him from attending practice every day.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022