Thread: Argo Hype

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    Hahahah I would love to take credit for that. It was great I got a picture of it to rile up my buddies but no it wasn’t me, I’m behind the argo bench in 125.
    Bringing 3 people with me tonight so I moved from 226 to 126. Should be a good game.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I was at Joe Badali's Friday afternoon enjoying a beer at the bar while watching CP24 which is owned by CTV which owns TSN. Their ticker mentioned 4 sports related stories but none about the CFL. It mentioned how the Jays will begin a 3 game series at home against Boston, it mentioned how a pitcher got his 12th win the previous night, it mentioned something about Brooke Henderson and something about Venus Williams. No mention at all about the Argos playing at home Friday night and the game being on TSN.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofandave View Post
    I was at Joe Badali's Friday afternoon enjoying a beer at the bar while watching CP24 which is owned by CTV which owns TSN. Their ticker mentioned 4 sports related stories but none about the CFL. It mentioned how the Jays will begin a 3 game series at home against Boston, it mentioned how a pitcher got his 12th win the previous night, it mentioned something about Brooke Henderson and something about Venus Williams. No mention at all about the Argos playing at home Friday night and the game being on TSN.
    Bell Media is no friend to itself! Perplexing?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Went to the gym here in Stratford this morning and bumped I to a guy wearing an Argo muscle shirt. Went to the grocery store afterwards and chatted to a high school aged girl wearing an Argo T-shirt. She told me that she loves the Argos. Thought that was pretty cool!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Went to the gym here in Stratford this morning and bumped I to a guy wearing an Argo muscle shirt. Went to the grocery store afterwards and chatted to a high school aged girl wearing an Argo T-shirt. She told me that she loves the Argos. Thought that was pretty cool!
    More positive stories please. Wore a Holloway tee last week downtown and someone said it was nice to see someone support the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I was at Tim Horton's in the Royal Bank plaza food court last week and saw a mother and her little daughter was wearing a ball cap with an A on it. I asked if it was an Argos cap and the girl smiled and said yes. It made my day and told her that it was nice to see and that I was a long time ST holder. Her and her mother than both smiled and told me that was very cool.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I ran into a big Argo fan Bill Pinder at Costco in Ajax. Wearing a nice Argos coat. I told him how much I liked his taste in clothing and he liked that. He told me he won an early Season Ticket purchase contest and now has a box for for 16 for the game. I was thrilled for his win!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    I bought a boat logo shirt at the game. It's not my fav logo of all time and I know the they are trying to rebrand the team but looking at my new shirt had me realize that the logo tells a story that yes there is a football team in town when the name "argonauts" or a simple "A" really requires further inquiry. I think this logo at least let's people know there is a football team here simply by virtue of its design if they don't feel like inquiring further. Perhaps we should see more of it.

I also got inspired by the guys that tailgated beside me who had the oars but I will put my idea in the 1/2 full stadium thread.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    More positive stories please. Wore a Holloway tee last week downtown and someone said it was nice to see someone support the Argos.
    Funny, went to the Canada Day Parade here tonight and chatted with a fellow wearing a new Argo shirt. Long time ticket holder from Stratford.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Level
    I wore my new Argo/Canada150 t-shirt to the Canada Day celebrations in Milton today and I had 2 people tell me that they were at the game on Friday night.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofandave View Post
    I wore my new Argo/Canada150 t-shirt to the Canada Day celebrations in Milton today and I had 2 people tell me that they were at the game on Friday night.
    There are enough fans in the GTA IMO. Got to make people feel they need to buy tickets early or there won't be any tickets left. This is why I am a season ticket holder now. Never did it in the dome because there were always great seats available so I bought for each game individually. Unfortunately to all of our surprise there are good seats always available at BMO. Walk up crowds are not like they use to be.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    This is about Argo Hype (kind of)--A recent article by Frank Z makes interesting and somewhat insightful comments about BMO not being the panacea, management excepted. His article raises some interesting issues:

. Argos have access to BMO only on game days. One assumes this is also true for TFC--can anyone confirm that?

. BMO has a gigantic prominent sign honouring their past players at one of the entrances but Argos have to hoist up temporary bunting type flags, only on game days. There are several paintings on walls inside the stadium showing TFC players but none of the Argos. When enquiring about future equity of signage, it appears there are or may be negotiations re this issue but no details were forthcoming. Since this stadium was built primarily with public funds and is owned by the City of Toronto; as a tenant, is it too much to expect Argos being provided signage equity.

In no way, should these comments, be construed as derogatory of TFC. It is a fine organization that does the city proud. The passion and support of the TFC fans, is to be greatly admired (wish we had a bit more of that). But it is time that the Argos and its fans should stop be treated as the poor relatives in a city owned property.

There was no attempt to offend anyone but hopefully, these comments will taken in the way they were meant ---not as an aspersion on TFC or its fans but rather as an appeal for the Argos and their fans to receive equal treatment at BMO stadium.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Thing is Shatto, if the Argos were to ever receive equal treatment at BMO, it would offend the fan base of TFC....big time.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Saw 3-4 Argos caps and a Clemons t-shirt out in Niagara. Argo fans are turning into Rider fans? Everywhere I go, I will find someone wearing Argos,

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Guy wearing Argo hat spotted during the Riders/Bombers telecast behind the TSN Panel. Good to see Argos gear at a neutral game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Guy wearing Argo hat spotted during the Riders/Bombers telecast behind the TSN Panel. Good to see Argos gear at a neutral game.
    That was surprising. I think he was wearing a Chris Schultz jersey.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:

Level
    That is a good point Gil but if equal treatment afforded Argo fans, offends TFC fans, that can't be our worry. Perhaps, we are underestimating the maturity and tolerance of TFC fans, because surely they must have come to realize, BMO belongs to the city, not any one group.

Rather than being concerned about any possible, though unintended offense to TFC fans, we should more concerned about equity being afforded to Argo fans.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    That is a good point Gil but if equal treatment afforded Argo fans, offends TFC fans, that can't be our worry. Perhaps, we are underestimating the maturity and tolerance of TFC fans, because surely they must have come to realize, BMO belongs to the city, not any one group.

Rather than being concerned about any possible, though unintended offense to TFC fans, we should more concerned about equity being afforded to Argo fans.
    I have no problem with the Argos being favoured over all else. Being founded in 1873 should count for something.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Thing is Shatto, if the Argos were to ever receive equal treatment at BMO, it would offend the fan base of TFC....big time.
    let those self entitled jerks be offended, I want equal treatment for my team.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    let those self entitled jerks be offended, I want equal treatment for my team.
    Considering that TFC play twice as many games there and pay twice as much rent bring in a lot more in ad revenue, merchandise sales and can get 27k out for a game on a Tuesday night in cold weather, you better be careful about asking for "equal" treatment.
    TFC don't get the $4 beers or tailgating either.
    But you could complain to the Chairman of TFC, Tenebaum, who also owns the Argos, and complain about getting bigger player pictures