Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
I liked the Argos draft last spring at first, but now - not so much. Woods doing zero (at a spot of weakness on the team) and Foster next to nothing; Woodson & Onyeka have at least played some STs to contribute a bit.

5th round picks for other teams - D-linemen Justin Vaughn & Kwaku Boateng, have played plenty of reps on D and looked pretty good, IMO. Argos could have taken either of them.

Still early to judge a draft and of course thems NIs need time to "develop"; we shall see next season if any of those 4 Argo draft picks I mentioned play bigger roles; Brian Jones, Sackey and Jamal Campbell for that matter too.
A lot of swings and misses the last couple of years by the Argos, but they still got a few goods ones who can be starters IMO. McEwen OC, Jamal Campbell OT, Llevi Noel WR and Robert Woodson at Safety. Brian Jones maybe a rotation guy. I have made it known several times that Barker could've and should've taken Lauzon-Seguin instead of Jones, but I've got to let that go, because what's done is done. Then you have FA's like Ralph and Williams who are getting some playing time. Late pick MLB Herdman to me is a better bet than Foote to see some playing time. Plays ST's now and got in the game last week made a tackle. Foote is more a MLB size at 5'10 225.

Woods... I don't know. He's got the size but does he have the heart. Wasn't it Boateng who's only 6'0 240 that just pancaked Woods at the combine. Maybe he's not strong enough in the upper body yet and that's something they have him working on. IMO he got show enough next year to at least get in the line up as one of the back ups.
But it does make one wonder how well some teams really scout the Canadian players in the CIS. Many of them turn out better than the NCAA Canadian players.