Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    The new regime doesn't seem too impressed with Jones, for whatever reason. I still wish we'd give him a shot at TE.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Interesting signing. The team already has Williams, Noel, Ralph and Jones with Jones not getting playing time this year. Could it be Popp preferring and having more faith in a player he drafted rather than a player someone else drafted? Jones can't be placed on the PR, as he certainly would be claimed by another team --suspect Hamilton would grab him in a heartbeat. If he continues to be overlooked by the team, he would undoubtedly look elsewhere, as a free agent at the end of this season. Perhaps conjecture expressed on this thread is true, the team may attempt to move him before the end of the season. It makes sense to try to get something for him rather than see him walk at the end of the season

On paper there doesn't seem to be any comparison between Jones and Charette. Charette was drafted 36th and jones 4th overall. Charette was released in June and no team has shown any interest in him till now. Jones is bigger stronger and faster, so it does make some sense that the team is thinking of trading him, while they can still get something in exchange. Hopefully it is not to Hamilton, as I dread to think of ones coming back to haunt us in a Ti-Cat uniform.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Interesting signing. The team already has Williams, Noel, Ralph and Jones with Jones not getting playing time this year. Could it be Popp preferring and having more faith in a player he drafted rather than a player someone else drafted? ...

On paper there doesn't seem to be any comparison between Jones and Charette. Charette was drafted 36th and jones 4th overall. Charette was released in June and no team has shown any interest in him till now. Jones is bigger stronger and faster, so it does make some sense that the team is thinking of trading him, while they can still get something in exchange. Hopefully it is not to Hamilton, as I dread to think of ones coming back to haunt us in a Ti-Cat uniform.
    Based on Popp's record in the past, I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    The new regime doesn't seem too impressed with Jones, for whatever reason. I still wish we'd give him a shot at TE.
    First he has to get and stay healthy. Can't start building a pro resume until he does that.