Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks Michael, looks like the ticketing and strategy side of things are in the right hands, best of luck to you in your efforts!

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    Thanks Michael, looks like the ticketing and strategy side of things are in the right hands, best of luck to you in your efforts!
    Michael - Next year each CFL team should have a pocket or wallet size schedule given out at first games and with the season ticket packages. Make them as nice as the season tickets. Also with the season ticket packages can you also include a swipe system. The ticket packages are very nice and I hate to destroy them.

I was looking at some of the vintage schedules NFL CFL and they also had commercial advertising on them. Advertising could be for current Sponsors or for selling the space. What about a schedule on a Tims Card as an example or on the season ticket swipe system

Also TSN1050 has been a poor partner. They are not doing very well themselves and they are not doing us - Argos any favors. Driving home I listen to TSN 1150 Hamilton for CFL and Argo Ti-Cat news. Building this brand back up this has to be part of the solution. Fans want to interact with the team and right now there is no outlet!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofan_1000 View Post
    Michael - Next year each CFL team should have a pocket or wallet size schedule given out at first games and with the season ticket packages. Make them as nice as the season tickets. Also with the season ticket packages can you also include a swipe system. The ticket packages are very nice and I hate to destroy them.

I was looking at some of the vintage schedules NFL CFL and they also had commercial advertising on them. Advertising could be for current Sponsors or for selling the space. What about a schedule on a Tims Card as an example or on the season ticket swipe system

Also TSN1050 has been a poor partner. They are not doing very well themselves and they are not doing us - Argos any favors. Driving home I listen to TSN 1150 Hamilton for CFL and Argo Ti-Cat news. Building this brand back up this has to be part of the solution. Fans want to interact with the team and right now there is no outlet!
    If you to your ticket account, you print out a paper copy or show them an online ticket instead of cutting out the tickets from the booklet.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    If you to your ticket account, you print out a paper copy or show them an online ticket instead of cutting out the tickets from the booklet.
    I have 2 tickets, and for the BC game, I used both my tickets. Getting to the gate, I realized that I had brought the one ticket for that game, but erroneously the 2nd ticket I brought was my unused pre-season ticket. Thankfully, I had set up a ticket account, and signed in on my phone to use the virtual ticket. All they had to do was scan the phone and it worked.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I have 2 tickets, and for the BC game, I used both my tickets. Getting to the gate, I realized that I had brought the one ticket for that game, but erroneously the 2nd ticket I brought was my unused pre-season ticket. Thankfully, I had set up a ticket account, and signed in on my phone to use the virtual ticket. All they had to do was scan the phone and it worked.
    Yeah, I was in a rush this morning and couldn't find my paper tickets, but thankfully due to the account manager that is a moot point.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    The amount of fans in the upper deck, east-side suggest that the 2 for $19.97 was a hit, but it is now up to the team obviously to find a way to keep those people coming back. The middle upper deck, west-side was empty while the wings seemed fuller. This would suggest perhaps that this particular price point needs to be reconsidered for 2018.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    The amount of fans in the upper deck, east-side suggest that the 2 for $19.97 was a hit, but it is now up to the team obviously to find a way to keep those people coming back. The middle upper deck, west-side was empty while the wings seemed fuller. This would suggest perhaps that this particular price point needs to be reconsidered for 2018.
    I noticed Argo gear up there, so I don't think all we're new to the Argos. Does that mean people will come if the price is right?

Also there were a couple of newbies (I assume), with a Go Argos Go chant starting while on offence. It was nice to see, although a bit stressful.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Does that mean people will come if the price is right?
    I think some will at least.

I still think the Argos need to restructure there ticketing - less price ranges/sections, and with exception to the $200 ST price, they should all come down a bit.

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    Or it could suggest that these fans showed up to honour Flutie, the 96/97 GC teams and get to get the bobblehead giveaway and not the $10 tickets.
    The largest crowd at an Argo game last season was the 24k at the home opener when they brought in all the Ex-Argos and honoured them.
    The fans didn't show up for cheap tickets for that game.
    I guess the only way to know if cheap tickets attract fans is to offer it again without it being a special occasion game.

No matter how you spin it, even with cheap tickets, bobblehead giveaways, a chance to honour Flutie and Pinball, - only 15k showed up for this game, pathetic
    Last edited by Jayahre; 07-26-2017 at 07:42 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayahre View Post
    Or it could suggest that these fans showed up to honour Flutie, the 96/97 GC teams and get to get the bobblehead giveaway and not the $10 tickets.
    The largest crowd at an Argo game last season was the 24k at the home opener when they brought in all the Ex-Argos and honoured them.
    The fans didn't show up for cheap tickets for that game.
    I guess the only way to know if cheap tickets attract fans is to offer it again without it being a special occasion game.

No matter how you spin it, even with cheap tickets, bobblehead giveaways, a chance to honour Flutie and Pinball, - only 15k showed up for this game, pathetic
    Considering that they only put the 2 for 19.97 tickets on 2 weeks before event and thousands of them sold in that span plus the 20.00 tickets sold out too, yes it was the low price that got them sold. If it was just the bobblehead, then more of the middle price categories as would have sold too.

15,800 may not be good size crowd in the grand scheme of things, but it still beat the Ti-Cats home opener this year that many said would be their biggest crowd of the season and Monday's game would be the smallest. Now with those prognostications proven wrong, it's time to move the goal posts again, right?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Yeah let’s take the positives from this, it wasn’t the best night for a football game, it is what it is in a 9 team league sometimes. Only one more weeknight game too and then all Saturday afternoons at 4pm (ideal time IMO).Things are looking up here, the team is exciting and if a game like that can’t excite the fans at were there at least, I am not sure what will.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yeah let’s take the positives from this, it wasn’t the best night for a football game, it is what it is in a 9 team league sometimes. Only one more weeknight game too and then all Saturday afternoons at 4pm (ideal time IMO).Things are looking up here, the team is exciting and if a game like that can’t excite the fans at were there at least, I am not sure what will.
    Just an FYI not all of the Saturday games are at 4PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    you're right they dropped that second Montreal visit to 7pm, gotta assume tv driven. not the end of the world.

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    But the first game against the Ticats was a 4PM start on SUNDAY -- "IDEAL TIME" -- 13k in attendance and that was buoyed as usual by thousands of Ticat fans.
    But 15k for a Monday night game, that kind of shoots down your argument.

Achievements:
    Level
    But the first game against the Ticats was a 4PM start on SUNDAY -- "IDEAL TIME" -- 13k in attendance and that was buoyed as usual by thousands of Ticat fans.
    Why are you so into proving how pathetic attendance was? Why do you even bother attending games (or do you?), let alone why do even post here? What exactly is your intention? Do you ever not post a negative point about the franchise? But, of course, Ottawa holds the gold standard. Argos might as well just fold.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Why are you so into proving how pathetic attendance was? Why do you even bother attending games (or do you?), let alone why do even post here? What exactly is your intention? Do you ever not post a negative point about the franchise? But, of course, Ottawa holds the gold standard. Argos might as well just fold.
    Slim Jim is not the most popular poster in the world.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I've been wondering if he's a Troll for a while now.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    The average casual Toronto CFL fan understands the season starts at Labour Day. If the Argos are playing well and with the Saturdays schedule, they will get better crowds in the second half of the season.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level

Talking

I noticed Argo gear up there, so I don't think all we're new to the Argos. Does that mean people will come if the price is right?

Also there were a couple of newbies (I assume), with a Go Argos Go chant starting while on offence. It was nice to see, although a bit stressful.
    I was doing some informal polling on the upper east side - especially among those with kids --- time and again I was told that it was the price point ($10-$12) that brought them down and that for many it was their kids first Argos game! (which was great to see!!) --- It makes me think that a family pack at $50 would go a long way to bringing a few more families down to the stadium as there were way more people in the upper east side than in the family section.....there were way more kids around me in 207/208 than I expected - lots of younger adults too (ie. not the traditional "older" Argos fan), which is who we are trying to get into that stadium.....

I asked a few people at the tailgate about the Alumni signing and such, and whether they thought it would be a good idea to have 4-5 alumni (if possible) as guests of the team and have them sign/interact at the tailgate among the people at every game --- universally again the answer was "yes" --- I am sure there are enough local players that the Argos can bring back and use their various alumni to also educate the public on the wonderful history that this team has --- bring the guys back (maybe do a 70s alumni/80s alumni/90s/ etc, theme for the various alumni), sign a few footballs, throw them around at the tailgate - have a "proper signing" for the more popular players, I'm sure "Pinball" can do a few of the 9 games, maybe Jeff Johnson, bring back Durie, Kackert, for a game etc.

You don't always need 20 guys from the GC teams - although that was awesome, but a few to interact and share stories with the gang is great too, but if its consistent, then people know its the place to meet some of the guys ---- almost all of the 96-97 guys were joking with me and were genuinely thrilled at the turnout and still were taking pictures with people even though they weren't supposed to (I was lucky enough to get some selfies with Flutie, Pinball and Masotti --- Adrion Smith was killing himself after my Pinball pic and he kept telling me to check my phone to make sure I got a good picture --- sure enough he photo-bombed the shot) ---the point is the guys were having fun, the fans were having fun, people were throwing around some footballs and it was a good time ---I would bet on a weekend it would have been even busier.....make it a regular thing to hang with some of the alumni, have them get on stage and tell a funny story or two from the good old days and people will feel a part of the history of this team....

I criticize this group often on these boards - but I have only praise for a good promotion and tie in among what was going on in the stadium and what was going on before the game as well.....now we need to do that kind of thing every week.....what is the August 3rd promotion?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't believe there were thousands of TiCat fans at the opener. Unless they came in what we would call plain clothes. Maybe in the Hundreds.
    But I do know the lineups getting into the Stadium were much larger Monday night than opening day. So I was thinking maybe we would hit the 18,000 mark. I do believe they count only sold tickets, so don't know about freebies. No turnstiles at BMO.
    Maybe 15,000 is the best we can see for a while. If the Argos are getting a good cut on concessions and parking that might not be too far off break even.