Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I don't believe there were thousands of TiCat fans at the opener. Unless they came in what we would call plain clothes. Maybe in the Hundreds.
    But I do know the lineups getting into the Stadium were much larger Monday night than opening day. So I was thinking maybe we would hit the 18,000 mark. I do believe they count only sold tickets, so don't know about freebies. No turnstiles at BMO.
    Maybe 15,000 is the best we can see for a while. If the Argos are getting a good cut on concessions and parking that might not be too far off break even.
    The Argonauts count people in the Stadium and they don't give out free tickets to regular season games. People who bought a ticket and don't show up aren't counted.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I was curious to see how ticket sales look for the Calgary game and found that they are now charging only $17/ticket for seats in section 219/220. As a STH I pay more like $20 a game. I'm not upset by this, as I am very satisfied by my seat/view/price point and want as many people in the stands as possible, but I wonder if this undercutting will annoy current ST holders? Has anyone noticed this in other sections (other than the upper east side deals)?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    I was doing some informal polling on the upper east side - especially among those with kids --- time and again I was told that it was the price point ($10-$12) that brought them down and that for many it was their kids first Argos game! (which was great to see!!) --- It makes me think that a family pack at $50 would go a long way to bringing a few more families down to the stadium as there were way more people in the upper east side than in the family section.....there were way more kids around me in 207/208 than I expected - lots of younger adults too (ie. not the traditional "older" Argos fan), which is who we are trying to get into that stadium.....

I asked a few people at the tailgate about the Alumni signing and such, and whether they thought it would be a good idea to have 4-5 alumni (if possible) as guests of the team and have them sign/interact at the tailgate among the people at every game --- universally again the answer was "yes" --- I am sure there are enough local players that the Argos can bring back and use their various alumni to also educate the public on the wonderful history that this team has --- bring the guys back (maybe do a 70s alumni/80s alumni/90s/ etc, theme for the various alumni), sign a few footballs, throw them around at the tailgate - have a "proper signing" for the more popular players, I'm sure "Pinball" can do a few of the 9 games, maybe Jeff Johnson, bring back Durie, Kackert, for a game etc.

You don't always need 20 guys from the GC teams - although that was awesome, but a few to interact and share stories with the gang is great too, but if its consistent, then people know its the place to meet some of the guys ---- almost all of the 96-97 guys were joking with me and were genuinely thrilled at the turnout and still were taking pictures with people even though they weren't supposed to (I was lucky enough to get some selfies with Flutie, Pinball and Masotti --- Adrion Smith was killing himself after my Pinball pic and he kept telling me to check my phone to make sure I got a good picture --- sure enough he photo-bombed the shot) ---the point is the guys were having fun, the fans were having fun, people were throwing around some footballs and it was a good time ---I would bet on a weekend it would have been even busier.....make it a regular thing to hang with some of the alumni, have them get on stage and tell a funny story or two from the good old days and people will feel a part of the history of this team....

I criticize this group often on these boards - but I have only praise for a good promotion and tie in among what was going on in the stadium and what was going on before the game as well.....now we need to do that kind of thing every week.....what is the August 3rd promotion?
    I like your Alumni idea. Making them a permanent part of the Tailgate would be cool.

I'm not sure if it's feasible but what about current injured players and/or practice roster players too? (Not sure if they're required to be in the locker room on game day before a game)

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    I was curious to see how ticket sales look for the Calgary game and found that they are now charging only $17/ticket for seats in section 219/220. As a STH I pay more like $20 a game. I'm not upset by this, as I am very satisfied by my seat/view/price point and want as many people in the stands as possible, but I wonder if this undercutting will annoy current ST holders? Has anyone noticed this in other sections (other than the upper east side deals)?
    Not bothered by it

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I like your Alumni idea. Making them a permanent part of the Tailgate would be cool.

I'm not sure if it's feasible but what about current injured players and/or practice roster players too? (Not sure if they're required to be in the locker room on game day before a game)
    Alumni are there to sign autographs at the Argos Alumni tent at the tailgate. Not sure if permanent and if announced ahead of time but I have seen them there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I second that -- the alumni idea is great.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Argonauts count people in the Stadium and they don't give out free tickets to regular season games. People who bought a ticket and don't show up aren't counted.
    Do you have a source to confirm that? Unless you are in the front office responsible for ticket sales/distribution, I doubt anyone really knows how it's done.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

New Fan
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Couple things
    1. Tickets that you would see for $17 in section 219/220 do also include a $3 fee plus service fees. The price you would pay as a season ticket holder would be $199 (11 games included). We are certainly looking for ways to entice new fans to come out and some times pricing is considered but we are always ensuring our STH are considered. Offers and promos are often only limited to certain sections and or restricted to select games. Season ticket holders would have that rate all season.
    2. As for attendance we do count it based on scanned tickets.

Thank you everyone let's keep the momentum going and build for the August 3rd game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Do you have a source to confirm that? Unless you are in the front office responsible for ticket sales/distribution, I doubt anyone really knows how it's done.
    I have a client who works in the ticketing office at BMO who's team loads the inventory. He mentioned to me the BC game that drew 11K and change had 15K sold and distributed. I didn't ask for too much details however I think that 15K includes unsold tickets from group allocations as they're putting an emphasis on that this year.

I don't have anything on the home opener or Monday's game....didn't ask.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook16 View Post
    Couple things
    1. Tickets that you would see for $17 in section 219/220 do also include a $3 fee plus service fees. The price you would pay as a season ticket holder would be $199 (11 games included). We are certainly looking for ways to entice new fans to come out and some times pricing is considered but we are always ensuring our STH are considered. Offers and promos are often only limited to certain sections and or restricted to select games. Season ticket holders would have that rate all season.

Thank you everyone let's keep the momentum going and build for the August 3rd game.
    Thanks Michael. I for one love that you come on here and answer these types of questions.

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks Michael. I for one love that you come on here and answer these types of questions.
    I still don't believe that attendance is "scanned" tickets and not total sold. I believe he could be mistaken, don't forget that a ticket guy last year mistakenly said that there were 15k season tickets sold. I assume then if BMO only counts scanned tickets then they may have had 30k at the TFC game on Friday not 27k?
    But if it's true they don't count the "freebies" then they have to investigate why so many are given away at Argo games but they don't show up.
    Someone above said that the actual number for the BC game was 15k but attendance was only 11k?? so one quarter did not show up? that should set off alarm bells.
    I know that in Hamilton and Ottawa they announce sell outs at around 24,500 and there maybe up to 400 fans will not show for some reason but it's not in the thousands! If 4,000 out of 15k do not show up for a game?? that's not right.
    I was at the Ticat game and yes there were thousands of Ticat fans, if you looked at the 5 sections behind the Ticat bench there was a sea of black and gold.
    The Ticat games are always the biggest seller for any Argo game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayahre View Post
    I still don't believe that attendance is "scanned" tickets and not total sold. I believe he could be mistaken, don't forget that a ticket guy last year mistakenly said that there were 15k season tickets sold. I assume then if BMO only counts scanned tickets then they may have had 30k at the TFC game on Friday not 27k?
    But if it's true they don't count the "freebies" then they have to investigate why so many are given away at Argo games but they don't show up.
    Someone above said that the actual number for the BC game was 15k but attendance was only 11k?? so one quarter did not show up? that should set off alarm bells.
    I know that in Hamilton and Ottawa they announce sell outs at around 24,500 and there maybe up to 400 fans will not show for some reason but it's not in the thousands! If 4,000 out of 15k do not show up for a game?? that's not right.
    I was at the Ticat game and yes there were thousands of Ticat fans, if you looked at the 5 sections behind the Ticat bench there was a sea of black and gold.
    Considering the ones who are saying attendance is scanned tickets are employees of the team and of the stadium they play in and are in the relevant departments, I would take that views over the 'unbelievers' any day. It's only a mistake for those who want it to be.

Numbers actually in the stadium vs. sold and distributed being off is very common especially when dealing with corporate or group sales. Go to a Leaf game mid-week and there's lots of empty seats. The Detroit Red Wings sell out over 20K a game with a long waiting list of season tickets yet the lower bowl being half full is very common.

I went to both the Ti-Cats game and the Monday game vs. Ottawa and yes the Ottawa game was a bigger seller. Of course cheap seats have nothing to do with that right....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    That's cool, because in all honesty, nobody on here believes a word you say, Slim Jim.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    That's cool, because in all honesty, nobody on here believes a word you say, Slim Jim.
    Wait, so, he isn't an expert in everything?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Is it not time to get rid of this Troll?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Couple things

Thanks for the information Michael.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    getting 15k for the Monday game kinda shoots down your argument.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Jayahre, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion and one must accept that yours is a valid as any other poster. However, in light of all the efforts being made by staff to improve attendance and to make the game time experience as enjoyable as possible, could you just once, express a positive comment about the organization. It would be appreciated.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Couple things

Thanks for the info, Michael. Anything that helps fill the Stadium is a good idea and there was definitely a great atmosphere there on Monday. Hopefully 219/220 is packed for the Stamps!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I still don't believe that attendance is "scanned" tickets and not total sold. I believe he could be mistaken, don't forget that a ticket guy last year mistakenly said that there were 15k season tickets sold.
    Oh brother. The guy who you think could be mistaken is the head of ticket sales for the organization.

I know which source I'm trusting on this.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7