Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
Your definition of "fail" is different than mine ---- did Rocket Ismail put butts in the seats short term? (we are nowhere near averaging even close to 20,000 people a game at this point, this is desperation time my friend) --- yes he did and they won a title too
Here are the numbers:
1990 28,815
1991 36,304 (35% increase)
1992 26,132 (lower than two years earlier when the team did NO marketing)

So yes, I'd have to consider that a failure. The team lost tons of money both years (and not coincidentally paid tons of money to one player). If we overspent right now for a big-name NFL star, would attendance increase by 35%? And if it did, would it last more than one season? I want long-term, sustainable growth, not quick fixes that bring a little buzz for a few weeks or months, then get looked at by the public at large as yet another failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
there are NO long term solutions right now in this market period - they need to get butts in seats now before the perception becomes even worse that this thing is simply a lost cause of a bygone era.
In that case, we may as well just throw in the towel. I don't believe it can't be fixed. I believe it can, and it's going to take years, not weeks. How? I don't know. But they could start by lowering ticket prices and doing some of the other good ideas that have been thrown out on this forum.

I appreciate your kind words about my book.