Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
they simply are not seen as the place to be for the average sports fan in this city - it's that simple - however there is even less impetus to go in this market when there are other sporting options to give you that "live sporting event fix" such as it were....a lot of people go to RedBlacks games because it's a "happening" not because they are necessarily CFL lovers --- if they had another place that seemed "cooler" to go to they simply may not go to the RedBlacks game anymore.....Toronto is a much more fickle market to me in terms of the "trendy" factor than a place like Ottawa or Winnipeg which still have "small town" mindsets
This makes me think of when the NHL was locked out a few years ago...Why weren't OHL games around the in and around the GTA not sold out every night? Toronto is a "hockey city"? B.S. Toronto is a Leaf city, and the majority of Leaf fans would never ever step foot into an OHL game...despite "loving" hockey so much. Unfortunately, like the Argos, Toronto could be a "football" city if only the NFL was here, right?

We all know attendance is an issue. But at the game on Friday, I still noticed people purchasing merchandise...heard and saw people cheering...I hope it is the start of something good. The groupon ticket sales looked good, hopefully a few who attended that game will decide to go to future games. A lot of good ideas on the board here, now let's hope the management is listening.