Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    There have been some excellent suggestions --hope the powers that be, will have read the submissions.
    Additionally I would suggest:
    .Tailgating should be a perk provided free for STH's--instead of the measly $3 discount offered this year.
    . As with others, the East side should have drastically reduced pricing
    . Bell should make it a priority that their enterprises like CP24, CFTO etc must publicise the Argos, to raise public awareness that the team exists
    . Copeland and perhaps some other senior staff must be informed, annual evaluations will reflect success/failure to improve attendance

As another poster has suggested, there must be a buzz created around the Argos. Some of the previously offered suggestions by posters, might well help create that buzz----but there is only one person that automatically creates that buzz by his presence -the team must entice Michael Clemons to take a more active role in highlighting this team--how about a 5% ownership in the team? Outlandish suggestion perhaps but desperate times demand desperate actions.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I keep reminding myself of the Keith Pelly, C&S era. I realize things were not all they seemed and the owners had other issues, but there were constantly 26000+ there every night despite whatever circumstances. It was a great time to be a fan and the dome had a decent, sometimes great atmosphere at that time. I heard of the papering that went on, however I did not find any abundance of freebies, so they were gave to the right people and those people showed up. I believed they were on a verge of making the team a stronghold in the community, but it came unglued.

What did they do so well though? I remember the Argos were much better represented in the media at the time. McCowen had Argos players or his owner buds on the radio every week. Of The Record on TSN featured Argonauts every other day it seemed. Getting 20000 at BMO would be satisfactory now, but that seems an enormous challenge.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    From Friends Of The Argonauts Facebook Post:

Quotes of the week:

Ricky Ray on Argos games attendance:
    “Maybe we need to take a different approach. Instead of complaining all the time, let’s thank the fans who do come out and support us. They have a great time and it’s a great game. Hopefully other people will see that and say, ‘I’d like to check that out’”

Bear Woods on attendance:
    “I’m just thankful for the 13,000 that did come. We really appreciate them taking time out of their day, spending their money, to come see us. But as far as looking at the crowd size . . . that’s going to get better. It just will.”

Chris Van Zeyl on Ricky Ray:
    “He makes me and a lot of other guys want to be better players. You want to block for him every day. I would play with a broken leg for him”

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    From Friends Of The Argonauts Facebook Post:

Quotes of the week:

Ricky Ray on Argos games attendance:
    “Maybe we need to take a different approach. Instead of complaining all the time, let’s thank the fans who do come out and support us. They have a great time and it’s a great game. Hopefully other people will see that and say, ‘I’d like to check that out’”

Bear Woods on attendance:
    “I’m just thankful for the 13,000 that did come. We really appreciate them taking time out of their day, spending their money, to come see us. But as far as looking at the crowd size . . . that’s going to get better. It just will.”

Chris Van Zeyl on Ricky Ray:
    “He makes me and a lot of other guys want to be better players. You want to block for him every day. I would play with a broken leg for him”
    How can you not like these players, they deserve larger crowds appreciating their talents.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    How can you not like these players, they deserve larger crowds appreciating their talents.
    They do. However I must admit that sometimes I wonder if Toronto deserves them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

New Fan
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Here's my take on the whole situation and what can be done to improve not only attendance issues but boost the franchise as a whole.

1. The Argos need to work hand and hand with high school's in Toronto and around the GTA. Support the high school teams by having Argos players come to games/practices as well as host the OFFSA championship at BMO let the high school players use the dressing rooms field etc... The winning team gets to watch a Argos game in a private suite.
    2. Host away viewing parties at bars around Toronto and the GTA for ALL away games. Have players and cheerleaders come give away tickets etc..
    3. You want the entire south end to be an Argos version of a supporters section. How about you treat your die hard fans properly and price it accordingly. Make them the cheapest tickets both as season and as single game tickets.
    4. Season tickets need more perks especially since you can get tickets on a game by game basis either free or for $10-$20 each on average. Jerseys, Jackets, 10% off concessions every game etc... Hold a team/gm/owner/season ticket meeting before the start of each year to talk about the state of the franchise this years expectations etc...
    5. Have Pinball be incorporated into the team as much as possible. He was a generational football talent and he is a generational person.
    6. Have high school kids volunteer for the team in exchange sign their community service hours as well as give them tickets to a game(s)
    7. Close the entire upper deck or one game a month have a $5 or $10 ticket day in the upper deck.
    8. Have a weekly podcast streamed live on youtube/instagram/facebook/twitter 30 minute segment talking about the week ahead for 15 minutes and the other 15 minutes a player Q&A
    9. Have a season ticket holder referral program with rewards at certain marks 5 referral's 1 free ticket to a game of your choice 10 referral's watch pre-game practice on the field 15 referral's you get a game worn jersey 20 referral's you get a private suite for one game this season etc.... Also have a single game ticket purchase program for season ticket holders if they hit a certain amount per game 2 extra or whatever then they get free parking or free concession coupons etc...
    10. Have free coach buses to and from Hamilton for Labor Day for season ticket holders.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Chris Jones:

Lee Jones
    @LeeJonesCTV
    5h
    Riders Chris Jones "This is a fan league so you can't close every practice. We had more fans here then they get in Toronto for a game. #CFL pic.twitter.com/EgrITsA4zs

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/sta...92835346907136

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Popp talks building the Argonauts fanbase:

http://www.tsn.ca/overdrive/video/po...n-base~1176791

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Solving the Argos Attendance Woes:

http://lastwordonsports.com/2017/07/...tendance-woes/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    If only it was so easy!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    There have been some excellent suggestions --hope the powers that be, will have read the submissions.
    Additionally I would suggest:
    .Tailgating should be a perk provided free for STH's--instead of the measly $3 discount offered this year.
    . As with others, the East side should have drastically reduced pricing
    . Bell should make it a priority that their enterprises like CP24, CFTO etc must publicise the Argos, to raise public awareness that the team exists
    . Copeland and perhaps some other senior staff must be informed, annual evaluations will reflect success/failure to improve attendance

As another poster has suggested, there must be a buzz created around the Argos. Some of the previously offered suggestions by posters, might well help create that buzz----but there is only one person that automatically creates that buzz by his presence -the team must entice Michael Clemons to take a more active role in highlighting this team--how about a 5% ownership in the team? Outlandish suggestion perhaps but desperate times demand desperate actions.
    You can already walk into the Tailgates by just showing your game ticket.

I don't think that people realize the costs to run the Tailgates. Paid duty police, Security, Paramedics, Beer, Beer sellers, Parking lot rent, Portable washrooms... I'd be surprised if the Argonauts are even breaking even on the Tailgates.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The suggestion of free tailgating for STH's is really making a case for free parking for STH's. Since many do drive to game, anything to attract fans should be seriously considered. Presently, parking next to stadium is $25 and tailgating is $27 for STH's if they buy a season pass. The team may have to run this as a loss but any marketing will cost money and talking to casual fans who live in the 905 area, free tailgating would appear to a real attraction to them.
    Most of my 905 area friends can't name of one Argo player, aside from Ray, but they do talk about the appeal of tailgating, so let's try to capitalize on that interest. Might be the cheapest marketing option available.
    I completely agree with Nealy's comment that there are costs to the tailgating but within my circle of friends, it is the one thing presently getting positive attention from them and the wider community. If the cost of offering free tailgating to STH's is considered too prohibitive to team management, then at least, they should consider making it a more persuasive fee ($10?).
    These are desperate times and any creative, innovative, out side of the box idea should be considered even they are eventually discarded as unreasonable or too costly. Nothing ventured is nothing gained.