Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
So part two of my boat logo comment on the Argo hype thread.

I am starting to agree with many on here that Say they are not seeing much of a "sales job" on behalf of the marketing/ticket sales department.

I will point to the tailgate as an example. Great idea. Wasn't really into to it at start but now I am all about it. I think it's a good time. However I feel the organization has just put the tailgate out there and is Letting it germinate on its own with little to no nurturing. As an example I have brought some new people to it but have not once been approached by a Argos staffer coming around and asking "any new folks first timers here?" followed by giving this "up" a sales pitch.

Wouldn't this be the ideal time to hit up these prospects when they are immersed in the experience and likely having a great time because you know they are there at someone's invitation and would likely be receptive to your message vs a cold call or waiting for them to come To you?

What would you guys guess is the percentage of first timers at the tailgate 5-10%. Even we even captured half of these people what a good way to get something brewing to getting butts in seats.

Now the oars guys at the home opener got me thinking. What a great symbol for our team. Why dosent the team create some cardboard and digital oars that contain some sort of referral season ticket or single game offer that I as STH can grab at each game and hand out socially amongst friends or at the office to those that have expressed a small interest in coming to a game?

What about a digital oar that could act as a key for the recipient to gain access to athis same ticket offer. I wear my Argos stuff all the time and have had many conversations at home depot checkout line or in the aisles with people that see the shirt and start asking about the Argos. Many have never been and some even used to. The best I can do is tell them the team website to action a mild interest which they likely forget by the time they reach the door.

But if I could airdrop them a "oar" that unlocks an Easter egg offer they may be more likely to use it. The team can track redemption very easily. Maybe it's something I could send from apple wallet.

This keyncould also be shared by them with someone else so they can spread the word to a person second and third removed from the original giver. Find a way to share an oar on social media where it can be shared again and again. Hand em out like candy. It has to be easy for us to do it and we all carry our phones. That is the means. The most digitally I can do with this team aside from visiting their website is get my tics from ticket master digitally. Isn't that odd in today's marketing space?

We are the real sales and marketing team for the Argos. We have the passion and the enthusiasm for this team. It's infectious but a person I am talking to needs a tool to use and a means to act once they experience And are maybe inspired by our passion.

Sorry about bad grammar I am on my phone and was reading all this negative attendance bs in the media on a walk and I just got struck with an idea. Just in a rush to get it on paper and out there so people could put meat on it. Hopefully the team reads our ideas because we care.
I like your digital idea. I also agree we can be a large part of the marketing team. We figure we have around 5k season ticket holders. If we all brought 2 additional people to each game that would be tremendous, but we all know at times it is hard to get people to come out. I was able to move all my preseason tickets and everyone I invited showed up.

Lessons from other organizations need to be studied such as TFC and the Raptors. These two teams did not always play with lots of buts in the seats. I believe the fans are already there as it was not that long ago we would have easily been able to fill this stadium.