Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
Thanks Michael. I for one love that you come on here and answer these types of questions.
I still don't believe that attendance is "scanned" tickets and not total sold. I believe he could be mistaken, don't forget that a ticket guy last year mistakenly said that there were 15k season tickets sold. I assume then if BMO only counts scanned tickets then they may have had 30k at the TFC game on Friday not 27k?
But if it's true they don't count the "freebies" then they have to investigate why so many are given away at Argo games but they don't show up.
Someone above said that the actual number for the BC game was 15k but attendance was only 11k?? so one quarter did not show up? that should set off alarm bells.
I know that in Hamilton and Ottawa they announce sell outs at around 24,500 and there maybe up to 400 fans will not show for some reason but it's not in the thousands! If 4,000 out of 15k do not show up for a game?? that's not right.
I was at the Ticat game and yes there were thousands of Ticat fans, if you looked at the 5 sections behind the Ticat bench there was a sea of black and gold.
The Ticat games are always the biggest seller for any Argo game.