Hybrid View

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    Yeah let’s take the positives from this, it wasn’t the best night for a football game, it is what it is in a 9 team league sometimes. Only one more weeknight game too and then all Saturday afternoons at 4pm (ideal time IMO).Things are looking up here, the team is exciting and if a game like that can’t excite the fans at were there at least, I am not sure what will.
    But the first game against the Ticats was a 4PM start on SUNDAY -- "IDEAL TIME" -- 13k in attendance and that was buoyed as usual by thousands of Ticat fans.
    But 15k for a Monday night game, that kind of shoots down your argument.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayahre View Post
    But the first game against the Ticats was a 4PM start on SUNDAY -- "IDEAL TIME" -- 13k in attendance and that was buoyed as usual by thousands of Ticat fans.
    Why are you so into proving how pathetic attendance was? Why do you even bother attending games (or do you?), let alone why do even post here? What exactly is your intention? Do you ever not post a negative point about the franchise? But, of course, Ottawa holds the gold standard. Argos might as well just fold.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Why are you so into proving how pathetic attendance was? Why do you even bother attending games (or do you?), let alone why do even post here? What exactly is your intention? Do you ever not post a negative point about the franchise? But, of course, Ottawa holds the gold standard. Argos might as well just fold.
    Slim Jim is not the most popular poster in the world.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I've been wondering if he's a Troll for a while now.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    The average casual Toronto CFL fan understands the season starts at Labour Day. If the Argos are playing well and with the Saturdays schedule, they will get better crowds in the second half of the season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't believe there were thousands of TiCat fans at the opener. Unless they came in what we would call plain clothes. Maybe in the Hundreds.
    But I do know the lineups getting into the Stadium were much larger Monday night than opening day. So I was thinking maybe we would hit the 18,000 mark. I do believe they count only sold tickets, so don't know about freebies. No turnstiles at BMO.
    Maybe 15,000 is the best we can see for a while. If the Argos are getting a good cut on concessions and parking that might not be too far off break even.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I don't believe there were thousands of TiCat fans at the opener. Unless they came in what we would call plain clothes. Maybe in the Hundreds.
    But I do know the lineups getting into the Stadium were much larger Monday night than opening day. So I was thinking maybe we would hit the 18,000 mark. I do believe they count only sold tickets, so don't know about freebies. No turnstiles at BMO.
    Maybe 15,000 is the best we can see for a while. If the Argos are getting a good cut on concessions and parking that might not be too far off break even.
    The Argonauts count people in the Stadium and they don't give out free tickets to regular season games. People who bought a ticket and don't show up aren't counted.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    The Argonauts count people in the Stadium and they don't give out free tickets to regular season games. People who bought a ticket and don't show up aren't counted.
    Do you have a source to confirm that? Unless you are in the front office responsible for ticket sales/distribution, I doubt anyone really knows how it's done.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Do you have a source to confirm that? Unless you are in the front office responsible for ticket sales/distribution, I doubt anyone really knows how it's done.
    I have a client who works in the ticketing office at BMO who's team loads the inventory. He mentioned to me the BC game that drew 11K and change had 15K sold and distributed. I didn't ask for too much details however I think that 15K includes unsold tickets from group allocations as they're putting an emphasis on that this year.

I don't have anything on the home opener or Monday's game....didn't ask.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I was curious to see how ticket sales look for the Calgary game and found that they are now charging only $17/ticket for seats in section 219/220. As a STH I pay more like $20 a game. I'm not upset by this, as I am very satisfied by my seat/view/price point and want as many people in the stands as possible, but I wonder if this undercutting will annoy current ST holders? Has anyone noticed this in other sections (other than the upper east side deals)?

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    I was curious to see how ticket sales look for the Calgary game and found that they are now charging only $17/ticket for seats in section 219/220. As a STH I pay more like $20 a game. I'm not upset by this, as I am very satisfied by my seat/view/price point and want as many people in the stands as possible, but I wonder if this undercutting will annoy current ST holders? Has anyone noticed this in other sections (other than the upper east side deals)?
    Not bothered by it