Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayahre View Post
    I can't see the sense in tarping off, all you are doing is telling the TV audience that you can't fill them seats so you cover them up with a tarp.
    That doesn't help attendance at all, the seats are still empty!
    Make the east side cheaper? it's already cheap, you can buy cheap tickets and move somewhere else in the stadium. We are on the west side for the Ticat game and we moved over to the sunny east side, it was a fairly cool afternoon and wanted to sit in the sun.
    If tickets were so cheap on the east side, why didn't you just by a ticket on the east side at the 40 yd line, rather than buy a $20 ticket and move....oh, could it be because they are priced at $100....for a section that's practically empty and not selling. That's pretty steep in this market based on supply and demand. That's Economics 101. Better to price at $40 - $60 and fill the section, than price at a $100 to get that skydome feel and have nobody there in front of the TV cameras.

This team has been outpricing their fans for 10 years and maybe longer. This backlash can all be traced back to idiotic pricing for last year's Grey Cup, all because this is wonderful Toronto, where money grows on trees and the streets are paved with Gold. Well that move sure backfired on Michael Copeland and Sarah Moore. What happened to the 40,000 capacity for Grey Cup games? Obviously that got reduced to 33,000 because of how expensive the seats were...wonderful.

Perhaps people just want to buy a seat and sit on the numbered seat and section that it states on their ticket without feeling like their sneaking to another section. Make fans feel like they are getting value, so that they can bring either their family of 4-5, or allow a dad, or single mom bring their kid to a game without having to sacrifice their future rent, mortgage or meals.

That hotdog deal is friggin minimal, but it's something. Really hotdogs are cheap processed foods and a pop is sugar and syrop from a bulk bag mixed with water...in other words, a hotdog and a pop is not enticing enough in this day and age....it's basically a $25 ticket....depending on the section, it still may not be a great deal...if it's in the upper deck East stands....the answer speaks for itself

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    If tickets were so cheap on the east side, why didn't you just by a ticket on the east side at the 40 yd line, rather than buy a $20 ticket and move....oh, could it be because they are priced at $100....for a section that's practically empty and not selling. That's pretty steep in this market based on supply and demand. That's Economics 101. Better to price at $40 - $60 and fill the section, than price at a $100 to get that skydome feel and have nobody there in front of the TV cameras.

This team has been outpricing their fans for 10 years and maybe longer. This backlash can all be traced back to idiotic pricing for last year's Grey Cup, all because this is wonderful Toronto, where money grows on trees and the streets are paved with Gold. Well that move sure backfired on Michael Copeland and Sarah Moore. What happened to the 40,000 capacity for Grey Cup games? Obviously that got reduced to 33,000 because of how expensive the seats were...wonderful.

Perhaps people just want to buy a seat and sit on the numbered seat and section that it states on their ticket without feeling like their sneaking to another section. Make fans feel like they are getting value, so that they can bring either their family of 4-5, or allow a dad, or single mom bring their kid to a game without having to sacrifice their future rent, mortgage or meals.

That hotdog deal is friggin minimal, but it's something. Really hotdogs are cheap processed foods and a pop is sugar and syrop from a bulk bag mixed with water...in other words, a hotdog and a pop is not enticing enough in this day and age....it's basically a $25 ticket....depending on the section, it still may not be a great deal...if it's in the upper deck East stands....the answer speaks for itself
    Yep --- seats for a family of four in the family section should be a max of $50 for the four - the hot dog and pop is not a difference maker either way. I agree also as to the whole pricing structure being ridiculous too --- it's been how many years now? people aren't paying those stupid prices ($80+?!) to watch football in this town - accept that fact and price it accordingly - they simply don't want your product at those prices, it's not that hard to figure out --- I would bet if TFC charged triple the price they would lack for fans too if the team wasn't wildly successful, oh wait that is exactly what happened - they sucked after year 5 and fans were all going to bail on them, so they reverted to "year one" pricing (basically cut my seats prices in half) so I stayed as the price point made sense (about $12 a seat), and as a real bonus they didn't gouge me when the team became good again (like the Jays this year!!) --- my TFC seats this year went up one (!!) dollar per seat this year and that was after making the finals (!!) last year ---- everything has a price point and the Argos aren't hitting it --- the Jays went from $16 for a 500 level seat to $35+ for weekends or other desirable games this year because they thought they could get away with it and in the offseason people bought it up based on the "buzz" and excitement of the last two years --- that will last for about 1 year if they go back to sucking again, the Raptors are just as tenuous in terms of pricing if they suck again too (luckily they have a lot of seats tied to Leafs season seats which saves their ass) -- watch what happens next year to the Jays when the buzz is gone after going 80-82 this year, and the offseason sales don't happen - they will sell 500,000 less tickets next year without a doubt.....can't wait to see them try to get $30+ a seat then for a 500 Level seat. Go on the secondary market now and you can buy most games for less than cost for the Jays as people try to dump their overpriced tickets; next year they simply won't buy them.....people want to feel that they are getting value for their purchase and not feel like suckers....why should fans have to plan to sneak into a "better seat" at an Argos game because it's empty? makes me wonder why I would ever pay for a "better seat" once I knew this --- how many people "downgraded" their price point this year or simply dropped seats--- obviously very very many......soon they simply won't show up......