Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
The team has said there will be no more free tickets. There have been give aways for years. When we entered the dome in 1989 we had around 35k to every game. At the end of the 1990's we were low to mid 20k's. Then the number was high teens and the last couple of years in the dome were brutal and Rogers / The Fan 590 etc did a lot to damage the brand and continue to do so. I have heard from people that 590 have been talking about the Argos relocating etc. this week. There is no where else in the country a CFL team would get treated like this. To fix this is very difficult and I for one am shocked that we did not fill this stadium last year and the numbers is worse this year. The team claims that the attendance has been over inflated for years by give aways. I bought season tickets for the first time last year as I thought I would be hard pressed to get a decent seat. I have gone to almost all the games since 1983 but never worried about getting a good seat. Not sure what the answer is but I am convinced it can be fixed but the current situation depresses me.

A stadium this size, I do not think you can close off the upper deck. I think the lower level of BC Place can hold close to 30k. That is a big difference compared to BMO Field.
Another reason I no longer listen to that station, arrogant no nothing blowhard on air "talent".