Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Doug Flutie deserves a better day than he is probably going to get. Game is on a Monday night. The team does zero promotion or advertising or use of their media empire to let anyone know. I am prepared to be underwhelmed by how the team honors him. Compare that to what the Als did last year for Ben Cahoon. First class.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Hopefully next season we see a change in the pricing and pricing structure as Michael Hook brought up during the fan meetings.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Hopefully next season we see a change in the pricing and pricing structure as Michael Hook brought up during the fan meetings.
    I hope so too.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Pretty good promo, and the pricing can hopefully bring in a few more people.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I am all but certain we will see far fewer price points next year (like maybe five), sharp price reductions on the east side, and some type of price reduction or get-more-for-same-price offer for STs on the west side.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I am all but certain we will see far fewer price points next year (like maybe five), sharp price reductions on the east side, and some type of price reduction or get-more-for-same-price offer for STs on the west side.
    But EVERY team has the various "price points", we are going to Ottawa for a game in a couple of weeks time. The end zone seats are the cheapest, then goal line to 20 yard line more money, then 20 to 40 yard line more money, the Southside upper deck cheaper than the lower deck, then the seats from the 40 to 55 yard line even more, then the Premium Club Seats, the Field level seats and the Patio areas.
    At least 7 different prices depending on the type of seat and where you sit. It's hardly fair to charge someone that's sitting in the end zone the same as someone sitting in a seat with a better site line on the 30 or 40 yard line.
    Hamilton is the same as Ottawa with the 7 or 8 price points.
    At BMO I wouldn't expect to have the same price if I sat on the Upper deck east site on the ends or the upper deck 55 yard line. Same on the West side, upper or lower or on the ends or in the middles or the end zone seats. They have to charge the various price points.

The problem is not the price of tickets or the price points, it's about the lack of interest in the Argos in Toronto, reducing the prices will not bring fans to BMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayahre View Post
    It's hardly fair to charge someone that's sitting in the end zone the same as someone sitting in a seat with a better site line on the 30 or 40 yard line.
    I agree completely. I don't get the problem with price points, it gives people more choice. If there aren't enough affordable tix then lower the prices across the board, but why take away choices?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I agree completely. I don't get the problem with price points, it gives people more choice. If there aren't enough affordable tix then lower the prices across the board, but why take away choices?
    I think with less price points you would see a higher number of affordable seating. If there are 5 price points and one of those is affordable that's 20% of the seats being affordable. Currently 1 out of the 13 points is affordable. End zone IMO are ridiculously priced. Those should always be the lowest price point because the view of most of the field sucks from there. I sat there as a teenager when I was 13 at the old Ex, because that was all I can afford, not because I preferred to.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm still confused why these issues weren't identified and dealt with prior to this season.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    New sales Director came in pretty late in the off season.

I just got my TFC renewal for 2018 and they are allowing 12 payments. Would be nice if the Argos give that option as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    I'm still confused why these issues weren't identified and dealt with prior to this season.
    I think they were identified, but for some reason under this leadership group - everything is delayed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    The Argos have 13 price points right now. That's allot more than 7 or 8.

With this being a team that's trying to rebuild the fanbase, that's way too many. With the cheapest seat being 20.00. The seat across the aisle is 40.00. On the south west corner, that divide is in the middle of the section. Go down the same section it increases to 35 and that's not even the bottom which are 55.00

With the bad crowds there have been, the 20.00 seats have sold out. The throw back promo is selling well so yes, lower prices are making a difference. Problem is the middle price points don't sell so the 20.00 people are spreading around. 5 or 6 price points are the most they need next season

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    The Argos have 13 price points right now. That's allot more than 7 or 8.

With this being a team that's trying to rebuild the fanbase, that's way too many. With the cheapest seat being 20.00. The seat across the aisle is 40.00. On the south west corner, that divide is in the middle of the section. Go down the same section it increases to 35 and that's not even the bottom which are 55.00

With the bad crowds there have been, the 20.00 seats have sold out. The throw back promo is selling well so yes, lower prices are making a difference. Problem is the middle price points don't sell so the 20.00 people are spreading around. 5 or 6 price points are the most they need next season
    hopefully argos staff are reading these posts
    Last edited by BATKINSON001; 07-12-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Part of the problem is that prices change within sections. So two seats immediately beside each other (not across the aisle but right beside) have two different prices. Hard to justify that. Plus 13 is just confusing.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Part of the problem is that prices change within sections. So two seats immediately beside each other (not across the aisle but right beside) have two different prices. Hard to justify that. Plus 13 is just confusing.
    Section 220 for example is especially egregious in terms of 5 different price points based on row or even the seat number within the row as mentioned above....its absolutely ludicrous and could have easily been rectified this year in my opinion if the will was there to do so - there were only about 2000 STH accounts (assuming at least 2 tickets per account) left anyways I would imagine.

Take 220 for example --- Charge everyone in rows 1-10 one price -- $250 for a season seat for example, and everyone in rows 11-27 $200 for a season seat for example (if you want two price points for example which is probably appropriate) -- under that scenario, everyone would have paid the same or less than last year....if seats were available to move down to a lower row then offer it to the existing season seat holders first in the early new year -- let's be frank, there weren't that many people to accommodate by the time 1/2 of them left anyways and everyone would have been happier to either sit in a lower row or pay less money (or both) which would have been a nice incentive and/or reward for sticking around after last year's fiasco.....

I was told countless times from the new regime about "not giving away tickets or pricing them too cheaply as then people wouldn't value them (or other such nonsense) and thus wouldn't pay for them later on" --- and now we have $10 seats available for Bobblehead Day, so I guess the whole pricing thing needed adjusting don't you think?! - because it looks like tickets sell better when you price them at their correct market value --- shocking huh? --- I'm not complaining, but I can also understand how someone who may have paid exponentially more for a similar seat on the west side or a few rows down on the east side might be pissed.....by the way, how many of us remember going to games in A&P seats for .99 or $1.99 as young people to get our first exposure to Argos football and some of those games had 40,000+ people there (or $1/$2 Dominion bleachers seats for the Jays).

This is not all ancient history by the way --- in case anyone forgot, the Jays had a Toronto Star Season Pass for much of the late 90s into 2010s where they charged about $1-$1.25 a game or about $99 for the whole season (usually 80 games - minus opening day) and this lasted for years when the team wasn't selling squat for most games and drawing about 1/2 a stadium on average (20-25K) --guess what, the team got good in late 2015 -- they killed the pass and the tickets sold out at much higher prices - shocking huh? ---- TFC charged $10 for supporters seats (112-118) in the first few years and $12 for the end seats in 219/220/226/227 and they raised them slowly and people paid - then the team sucked and they reduced them again, and then they raised them slowly again when the team got better --- guess what, almost everyone I know at those price points stayed -- shocking huh?!.....charge people the appropriate amount and they will pay -- raise them slowly as the demand increases and they will likely stay and pay an appropriate increase - get greedy and they will leave --- watch the Jays who now charge $35+ for 500 Level seats this year to weekend games (they were about $16 in 2015) either cut prices next year or lose ticket sales if the team continues to suck -- it will happen - trust me....20 years of apathy for this team won't magically get washed away because of a good season and a half --- yes they will sell more tickets than 2014 (they are obviously more popular because of recent success) but they will lose 5000 a game next year very easily if this team is seen as a non-contender next year and crowds that were regularly 30-35K on a weeknight will become closer to 25K, and weekends of a regular 40-45K will become 35K save for special games/opponents (NYY/BOST/Opening Day/Canada Day) or giveaway days - and if it continues for a year or two further where no real hope of playoff contention exists, it will fall further still ---- it's still Toronto, and in this market if it isn't seen as the cool thing to do, and on top of that you price the product well beyond its market value, big crowds will slowly drift away, it's just that simple......
    Last edited by Argos1983; 07-12-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Travel Zoo has promotions for the next 3 home games.

https://www.travelzoo.com/ca/enterta...ontent=2506582

All on the East Side

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Travel Zoo has promotions for the next 3 home games.

https://www.travelzoo.com/ca/enterta...ontent=2506582

All on the East Side
    ....I guess the whole "we won't blow tickets out at cheap prices" thing has sailed as it's now $12 to sit at midfield for at least 1/3 of the home games now......I guess the tune has changed considerably after two extremely poorly attended home games, and obviously no signs of rapid change to that effect....

Season tickets in Section 207 Rows 1-5 are worth how much more than the next ten rows again (4X-5X as much)!? (or the equivalent on the west side in 222-224)....time to start admitting that you needed to sell tickets at a much cheaper price point for people to buy them the next time you ask for STH to pay some of those prices in the higher price points which are completely out-of-whack with reality (ie. you need to lower your price points considerably!).........it's been silliness to keep asking people to pay prices that they clearly will not -- what the heck were you trying to prove? that you can have a 1/2 empty building? --- mission accomplished I guess.....

Maybe we should start catering to STH at a rate commensurate with their value to the organization (free swag, exclusive meet and greets etc.) -- if one doesn't start seeing the benefits in having a season seat, eventually they will stop buying one - I have a hunch many already started to feel that way last year and left, and I doubt season seat sales will go up for 2018 after this year, if this stuff continues to go on --- again - I'm all for getting people in the building cheaply, but the prices need to be lowered for STH first, and then the "deals" offered online should also reflect a poorer location and price point than one a STH would pay for themselves....it would bother me much less if you charge STH $10-$15 per seat for example in the end type sections (219/220/226/227/ endzones) and then did this type of deal in Section 203 or 211 for $18-$20 a seat, and not in Section 207 where the ST pricing is vastly more money, it's insulting to your most loyal customers and if I had a season seat in 207 row 5 and paid a premium to sit in such a prime location ($800?!), and someone paid that much less to sit 5 rows behind me in the same "prime-midfield" section I would be livid and would likely not reinvest again.....but maybe others are different than I am.....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    In fairness to the team, they said there would be no comps this year.

But I do agree overall, there needs to be price-drops across the board next year and start from the STH and build up. That's the only way to increase attendance levels that will be sustainable long term.

As for this year, I don't see what else they can do. Free seats won't work. Empty stadium pictures week in and week out don't help sell the game either. Maybe 5.00 kids ticket. At least the adults will be paying full price.

I would love to hear more details on next year's plan.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    https://www.pressreader.com/canada/o...82114931607583

You mean the "secret six point plan" (as far as I can tell it mainly involved a lot of listening) that the new Commissioner is talking about....good thing it's a secret plan, wouldn't want anyone to steal it from the CFL before its implemented in all its attendance boosting glory....

Seriously though, if you have a plan, you may want to share it with your STH so that they can actually buy into that vision....lest they start to think that maybe there is no great plan after all....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    https://www.pressreader.com/canada/o...82114931607583

You mean the "secret six point plan" (as far as I can tell it mainly involved a lot of listening) that the new Commissioner is talking about....good thing it's a secret plan, wouldn't want anyone to steal it from the CFL before its implemented in all its attendance boosting glory....

Seriously though, if you have a plan, you may want to share it with your STH so that they can actually buy into that vision....lest they start to think that maybe there is no great plan after all....
    After reading that article, it sounds like Ambrosie was joking about that six-point plan.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force