Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Hybrid View

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I like your Alumni idea. Making them a permanent part of the Tailgate would be cool.

I'm not sure if it's feasible but what about current injured players and/or practice roster players too? (Not sure if they're required to be in the locker room on game day before a game)
    Alumni are there to sign autographs at the Argos Alumni tent at the tailgate. Not sure if permanent and if announced ahead of time but I have seen them there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I like your Alumni idea. Making them a permanent part of the Tailgate would be cool.
    I second that -- the alumni idea is great.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    The amount of fans in the upper deck, east-side suggest that the 2 for $19.97 was a hit, but it is now up to the team obviously to find a way to keep those people coming back. The middle upper deck, west-side was empty while the wings seemed fuller. This would suggest perhaps that this particular price point needs to be reconsidered for 2018.
    Or it could suggest that these fans showed up to honour Flutie, the 96/97 GC teams and get to get the bobblehead giveaway and not the $10 tickets.
    The largest crowd at an Argo game last season was the 24k at the home opener when they brought in all the Ex-Argos and honoured them.
    The fans didn't show up for cheap tickets for that game.
    I guess the only way to know if cheap tickets attract fans is to offer it again without it being a special occasion game.

No matter how you spin it, even with cheap tickets, bobblehead giveaways, a chance to honour Flutie and Pinball, - only 15k showed up for this game, pathetic
    Last edited by Jayahre; 07-26-2017 at 07:42 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayahre View Post
    Or it could suggest that these fans showed up to honour Flutie, the 96/97 GC teams and get to get the bobblehead giveaway and not the $10 tickets.
    The largest crowd at an Argo game last season was the 24k at the home opener when they brought in all the Ex-Argos and honoured them.
    The fans didn't show up for cheap tickets for that game.
    I guess the only way to know if cheap tickets attract fans is to offer it again without it being a special occasion game.

No matter how you spin it, even with cheap tickets, bobblehead giveaways, a chance to honour Flutie and Pinball, - only 15k showed up for this game, pathetic
    Considering that they only put the 2 for 19.97 tickets on 2 weeks before event and thousands of them sold in that span plus the 20.00 tickets sold out too, yes it was the low price that got them sold. If it was just the bobblehead, then more of the middle price categories as would have sold too.

15,800 may not be good size crowd in the grand scheme of things, but it still beat the Ti-Cats home opener this year that many said would be their biggest crowd of the season and Monday's game would be the smallest. Now with those prognostications proven wrong, it's time to move the goal posts again, right?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Yeah let’s take the positives from this, it wasn’t the best night for a football game, it is what it is in a 9 team league sometimes. Only one more weeknight game too and then all Saturday afternoons at 4pm (ideal time IMO).Things are looking up here, the team is exciting and if a game like that can’t excite the fans at were there at least, I am not sure what will.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    Yeah let’s take the positives from this, it wasn’t the best night for a football game, it is what it is in a 9 team league sometimes. Only one more weeknight game too and then all Saturday afternoons at 4pm (ideal time IMO).Things are looking up here, the team is exciting and if a game like that can’t excite the fans at were there at least, I am not sure what will.
    Just an FYI not all of the Saturday games are at 4PM.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    But the first game against the Ticats was a 4PM start on SUNDAY -- "IDEAL TIME" -- 13k in attendance and that was buoyed as usual by thousands of Ticat fans.
    But 15k for a Monday night game, that kind of shoots down your argument.

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    But the first game against the Ticats was a 4PM start on SUNDAY -- "IDEAL TIME" -- 13k in attendance and that was buoyed as usual by thousands of Ticat fans.
    Why are you so into proving how pathetic attendance was? Why do you even bother attending games (or do you?), let alone why do even post here? What exactly is your intention? Do you ever not post a negative point about the franchise? But, of course, Ottawa holds the gold standard. Argos might as well just fold.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Why are you so into proving how pathetic attendance was? Why do you even bother attending games (or do you?), let alone why do even post here? What exactly is your intention? Do you ever not post a negative point about the franchise? But, of course, Ottawa holds the gold standard. Argos might as well just fold.
    Slim Jim is not the most popular poster in the world.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I've been wondering if he's a Troll for a while now.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    The average casual Toronto CFL fan understands the season starts at Labour Day. If the Argos are playing well and with the Saturdays schedule, they will get better crowds in the second half of the season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't believe there were thousands of TiCat fans at the opener. Unless they came in what we would call plain clothes. Maybe in the Hundreds.
    But I do know the lineups getting into the Stadium were much larger Monday night than opening day. So I was thinking maybe we would hit the 18,000 mark. I do believe they count only sold tickets, so don't know about freebies. No turnstiles at BMO.
    Maybe 15,000 is the best we can see for a while. If the Argos are getting a good cut on concessions and parking that might not be too far off break even.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I don't believe there were thousands of TiCat fans at the opener. Unless they came in what we would call plain clothes. Maybe in the Hundreds.
    But I do know the lineups getting into the Stadium were much larger Monday night than opening day. So I was thinking maybe we would hit the 18,000 mark. I do believe they count only sold tickets, so don't know about freebies. No turnstiles at BMO.
    Maybe 15,000 is the best we can see for a while. If the Argos are getting a good cut on concessions and parking that might not be too far off break even.
    The Argonauts count people in the Stadium and they don't give out free tickets to regular season games. People who bought a ticket and don't show up aren't counted.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    The Argonauts count people in the Stadium and they don't give out free tickets to regular season games. People who bought a ticket and don't show up aren't counted.
    Do you have a source to confirm that? Unless you are in the front office responsible for ticket sales/distribution, I doubt anyone really knows how it's done.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I was curious to see how ticket sales look for the Calgary game and found that they are now charging only $17/ticket for seats in section 219/220. As a STH I pay more like $20 a game. I'm not upset by this, as I am very satisfied by my seat/view/price point and want as many people in the stands as possible, but I wonder if this undercutting will annoy current ST holders? Has anyone noticed this in other sections (other than the upper east side deals)?

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    I was curious to see how ticket sales look for the Calgary game and found that they are now charging only $17/ticket for seats in section 219/220. As a STH I pay more like $20 a game. I'm not upset by this, as I am very satisfied by my seat/view/price point and want as many people in the stands as possible, but I wonder if this undercutting will annoy current ST holders? Has anyone noticed this in other sections (other than the upper east side deals)?
    Not bothered by it

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    you're right they dropped that second Montreal visit to 7pm, gotta assume tv driven. not the end of the world.

New Fan
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:

Level
    Couple things
    1. Tickets that you would see for $17 in section 219/220 do also include a $3 fee plus service fees. The price you would pay as a season ticket holder would be $199 (11 games included). We are certainly looking for ways to entice new fans to come out and some times pricing is considered but we are always ensuring our STH are considered. Offers and promos are often only limited to certain sections and or restricted to select games. Season ticket holders would have that rate all season.
    2. As for attendance we do count it based on scanned tickets.

Thank you everyone let's keep the momentum going and build for the August 3rd game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook16 View Post
    Couple things
    1. Tickets that you would see for $17 in section 219/220 do also include a $3 fee plus service fees. The price you would pay as a season ticket holder would be $199 (11 games included). We are certainly looking for ways to entice new fans to come out and some times pricing is considered but we are always ensuring our STH are considered. Offers and promos are often only limited to certain sections and or restricted to select games. Season ticket holders would have that rate all season.
    2. As for attendance we do count it based on scanned tickets.

Thank you everyone let's keep the momentum going and build for the August 3rd game.
    Thanks Michael. I for one love that you come on here and answer these types of questions.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Thanks Michael. I for one love that you come on here and answer these types of questions.
    I still don't believe that attendance is "scanned" tickets and not total sold. I believe he could be mistaken, don't forget that a ticket guy last year mistakenly said that there were 15k season tickets sold. I assume then if BMO only counts scanned tickets then they may have had 30k at the TFC game on Friday not 27k?
    But if it's true they don't count the "freebies" then they have to investigate why so many are given away at Argo games but they don't show up.
    Someone above said that the actual number for the BC game was 15k but attendance was only 11k?? so one quarter did not show up? that should set off alarm bells.
    I know that in Hamilton and Ottawa they announce sell outs at around 24,500 and there maybe up to 400 fans will not show for some reason but it's not in the thousands! If 4,000 out of 15k do not show up for a game?? that's not right.
    I was at the Ticat game and yes there were thousands of Ticat fans, if you looked at the 5 sections behind the Ticat bench there was a sea of black and gold.
    The Ticat games are always the biggest seller for any Argo game.