Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    We knew that RG might be an issue with Watman and/or Deane, but the fact that LG is an issue (mind you Holmes wasn't great last year) is certainly not helpful.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    How many passes have we dropped in the endzone this year? not just tonight, but in 4 games...at least 5 by my count. It was same thing last year.
    Last edited by jojoheath; 07-14-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    3 last night alone.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have mentioned this before, but I talked to an O Lineman here in Ottawa who has played against Bishop, and he called him 'very strong.' I think he soaks up blocks and lets the others freelance a little more. I have also found that these little fan boards tend to settle in on who they want to target and pick on and then it seems to become reality.

The only things they see after that, are the negatives.

AK was one, Bishop was one, Heath when he was here, Van Zeyl, Van Roten; guys who have been very good.

Interesting comment about our Guards. I'll iso them more coming up and see if I can see what you are seeing. Holmes has been a solid pro, so it would surprise me if that didn't continue. Injury would be about the only explanation there? I know fans like to get on Watman; but coaches seem to like him. Reminds me of Wayne Smith. Fans were counting him out for about 5 years in a row.

At the end of the day, the O-Line does need an upgrade. I wouldn't mind seeing Van Roten back in there playing Guard to be honest. We need to run the ball and Ricky needs another beat or two.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Our o-line is really struggling this year. The guards, and in particular Holmes, have had a succession of rough outings. I noticed Deane got at least one series at RG (and took a hands-to-the-face penalty). We have nothing resembling a run game; while we don't try to run as often as I'd like, when we do there is almost never a hole for the back.

I've been worried since week 1 about playing Lemon and Butler every down. They looked worn out last night. And maybe Bishop was more important than we realized -- no sacks last night without him after three weeks of mostly dominant play.

Without Posey, we seem to lack a real deep threat. Green is excellent but not a fast guy, and I don't think any of the others who played last night have major wheels.

Jackson certainly showed what he is capable of as a returner.
    All true. There are, and should be, concerns (although, happily, the team is apparently now well and truly on an upward trajectory; such a refreshing change).

I remember back in the day - when the only thing that the Argos had was a rather decent yet invariably worn down defence - Montreal, in particular, running the ball very often and thereby bulldozing the Argos into a spent mass.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    The league should never schedule team's to play on 5 days rest ever. There is no excuse for it or play more than 2 weeks on the road. The fact the Argos have already done this twice in 4 weeks and other teams are playing 4 games in 17 days is insane. It speaks to laziness at league office and lack of will to find a solution. They are asking for poor play and injuries.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jojoheath View Post
    How many passes have we dropped in the endzone this year? not just tonight, but in 4 games...at least 5 by my count. It was same thing last year.
    Drop passes happen sometimes, not sure what was happening last night. Maybe some of the more esteemed knowledgeable experienced posters can better explain

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jojoheath View Post
    6 so far I think.