Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    In other words, Canadians or Nationals are getting an opportunity to play cornerback. Interesting.

???

Woodson & Webster got in that game when injuries struck 2 starting import DBs. I have rarely, if ever, seen them on this Argo D otherwise.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    If you didn’t know SJ Green had the ACL injury last year, you wouldn’t be able to tell it based on his play so far this year. Forgot how good he really is.
    Funny thing is, as good as he is, and he's had a very good career, I don't ever recall him having a stretch of games like he has to start this season. Maybe because his prime seasons age wise came after AC retired and the Als had nobody capable of connecting with him consistently.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    ???

Woodson & Webster got in that game when injuries struck 2 starting import DBs. I have rarely, if ever, seen them on this Argo D otherwise.
    It sounds like AV has seen them in games even when there were no injuries. Please correct me if I am wrong, AV.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    It sounds like AV has seen them in games even when there were no injuries. Please correct me if I am wrong, AV.
    Definitely. Owusa-Ansah has come off the field at times, and Murray occasionally has moved inside with Webster and Woodson both lining up in the secondary. This definitely happened in the BC game and after Mitchell's injury against Hamilton. Don't know for sure in the Ottawa game, but since Webster lined up on the corner when Ellingson caught the deep jump ball on him, I'm guessing it happened there too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'd have to agree with Angelo here, I've seen both Webster and Woodson on the field plenty of times without injury to one of the starters. Chamblin seems to like to give his secondary some breathers, most dcs like to rotate their dline.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Today's Ottawa Sun;

Henry Burris also didn’t agree with the release of cornerback A.J. Jefferson on Monday. “When it comes to performance, A.J. is as good as anybody out there,” he said.

I submit that he would improve an already stingy looking Defense. Agreed, he wasn't great last season....but he was hurt all year long. I think he's got 1-2 more All Star Seasons in him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Maybe he can return to some kind of decent form with another team, but you can't be a prime free agent signing and crap the bed right out of the gate.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Injuries happen. Could be a fine depth acquisition.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Injuries happen. Could be a fine depth acquisition.
    Yah I would be ok with AJ coming back and move Murray in to replace Harris. Kind of wish we could have kept Thomas Miles to back up Bear Woods, which would allow for an extra American DB dressed instead of Plummer. With so much passing in the game now you need that extra guy back there to rotate and back up.
    Last edited by doubleblue; 07-14-2017 at 12:43 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    I'd have to agree with Angelo here, I've seen both Webster and Woodson on the field plenty of times without injury to one of the starters. Chamblin seems to like to give his secondary some breathers, most dcs like to rotate their dline.

Didn't notice either of Woodson or Webster in the D-backfield tonight; also no second DE to give Lemon & Butler a rest; Finley played most reps at DT (and had some push along with a knock-down); Wynn had some decent pressure when he was in = both those guys might mean no need to rush Bishop back to play DT - rather see Waud get a look if he is ready.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Didn't notice either of Woodson or Webster in the D-backfield tonight; also no second DE to give Lemon & Butler a rest; Finley played most reps at DT (and had some push along with a knock-down); Wynn had some decent pressure when he was in = both those guys might mean no need to rush Bishop back to play DT - rather see Waud get a look if he is ready.
    Given that we got no sacks and little pressure (especially in the second half), I would welcome Bishop back asap. With him in there, the d-line was dominant for three weeks. We definitely need to be able to spell off Lemon and Butler from time to time. No DE these days can be expected to play every down and have lots left in the tank by the fourth quarter.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Given that we got no sacks and little pressure (especially in the second half), I would welcome Bishop back asap. With him in there, the d-line was dominant for three weeks. We definitely need to be able to spell off Lemon and Butler from time to time. No DE these days can be expected to play every down and have lots left in the tank by the fourth quarter.
    I guess some only see what they want to see. With the exception of late 4th quarter against B.C. Argos had not been run against this year. Bishop is a beast on the inside, but I guess since he's not a sack guy or a Canadian he must suck. Utter stupidity.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

The Argos were facing a different O-line last night, and IMO probably the best they have faced this season so far.

Pretty well all other CFL teams have been rotating their D-lines a lot; the Argos did at DT last night but not at DE and maybe both Butler & Lemon were gassed some late in the game; of course if that superstar Bishop had been in at DT, the line probably would have had 10 or so sacks. What a frickin' laugh some of the party line/ double blue swill infested cry-babying we get here from some homers who object to anything other than what they've been told. Get lost. Priceless.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    The Argos were facing a different O-line last night, and IMO probably the best they have faced this season so far.

Pretty well all other CFL teams have been rotating their D-lines a lot; the Argos did at DT last night but not at DE and maybe both Butler & Lemon were gassed some late in the game; of course if that superstar Bishop had been in at DT, the line probably would have had 10 or so sacks. What a frickin' laugh some of the party line/ double blue swill infested cry-babying we get here from some homers who object to anything other than what they've been told. Get lost. Priceless.

Line play was a big factor last night, as you eluded to Winnipeg's O Line handled the Argos rush rather effectively while the Argonaut O-Line struggled with Ray getting rushed or hit on many plays.
    Dropped passes in the end zones are also a complete piss off and have cost Ray at least 4 TD's this season.
    This Argo O is much improved in both talent and execution with Trestman here but other teams still don't have much to worry about with the Argo running attack.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Finley looked fine yesterday when I noticed him. I was surprised that he was on the field so much (since Wynn was listed as the starter), but he didn't look out of place.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    One of my major concerns is that for the fourth game in a row, we took more penalties than our opponent. This season we've taken almost twice as many penalties as our opponents (38 vs 22) for more than twice as many yards (358 vs 167). Despite obvious concerns about refereeing, most of those penalties (and most of the opponent penalties) were deserved. And it's not just one or two players - the infractions are spread pretty evenly. The coaching staff needs to address this before we become notorious.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    We got no sacks and we couldn't stop the run. In the previous three games we got 14 sacks and didn't get run on. One major change: Bishop.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    We got no sacks and we couldn't stop the run. In the previous three games we got 14 sacks and didn't get run on. One major change: Bishop.
    I thought Winnipeg did a fine job establishing the run as well. Slowed up our bookends just slightly.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I thought Winnipeg did a fine job establishing the run as well. Slowed up our bookends just slightly.
    Absolutely, credit the Bombers. They dominated both lines of scrimmage. Our d-line had not been dominated at all before last night. IMO it was a combination of gassed DEs, the absence of Bishop and great o-line play by the Bombers (who I believe use three INTs on their o-line).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Finley looked fine yesterday when I noticed him. I was surprised that he was on the field so much (since Wynn was listed as the starter), but he didn't look out of place.
    Finley playing way more reps than Wynn (who was listed as the starter) was a bit of a surprise, but he earned it with his play vs. the Ottawa; both guys looked pretty decent at DT and IMO a big upgrade over the mediocre Bishop - who continues to do little in terms of tackles, sacks or push/pressure in getting handed continued playing time at DT.

Might be nice to see another DE in the mix to help spell Lemon & Butler, at least a bit; might have to dress another import DE i guess to get there - Walker got zero opportunity = Chamblin has no use for him on D, and I guess draft pick Foster (super athletic DE who produced in the ex. season) needs more time to "develop".