Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Wow, 590, 1050 & 1150 are all talking about this right now!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Wow, 590, 1050 & 1150 are all talking about this right now!
    Sad that this is what it takes to get sports media in Toronto to talk more about the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    To compound the issue in my mind. The CFL supposedly added an eye in the sky this year for each game so they could overturn wrong calls like this one. Where was that guy when everybody not called an official could see it was the wrong call.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    Love that even the panel was ripping into this “call” at halftime.

I’m sorry but nonsense like this doesn’t help at all. Since the flag was on the turf, I was hopeful it had been the catalyst for the whole return – (without the penalty, that return doesn’t happen)

Of course this was not the case but the “flag” was thrown as Jackson is crossing the goal line, just abysmal what’s the point? This didn’t lose us the game but lost the league some serious positive PR.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It was a scoring play. Should have been reviewed and the flag should have been overturned. I can't believe how many review calls are getting messed up this year. The league needs to clean that up immediately. This stuff is costing team's wins.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    It was a scoring play. Should have been reviewed and the flag should have been overturned. I can't believe how many review calls are getting messed up this year. The league needs to clean that up immediately. This stuff is costing team's wins.
    And costing the league credibility, the fact that incompetent officiating is the topic of conversation week after week speaks volumes but the CFL is either oblivious to this issue and/or are have no clue how to fix it.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    And costing the league credibility, the fact that incompetent officiating is the topic of conversation week after week speaks volumes but the CFL is either oblivious to this issue and/or are have no clue how to fix it.
    Unfortunately CFL officiating is an old boys club and change seems to be slow and difficult.

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    So CFL gave her seasons tix and a years free groceries, but these phantom calls have been happening for years.
    If it was a bombers return, I seriously doubt that flag is thrown.
    Years ago when hamilton stunk, they'd be a 1 point favorite at home for labour day. Week later, the argos would be a 2 TD favourite at home.
    The refs have always been a major factor in the games.
    Usually, people say, oh well its the CFL, it's tough to win out west, etc. But this time it really burned them. I don't think it was an anti-million dollars call, but I do think it was an intentional anti-argos call. How else would you explain it?
    Huge credibility problem now for the CFL, where the good press of someone winning the million would've been worth way more.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:

Level

Ambrosie as new Commish has the power to do something here; it was a scoring play and the totally horrid flag should have been over-turned.

Did i hear that the Command Centre review is made by one guy ??? = totally stupid if that is the case - have a 3 man panel there and let majority rule. How anybody with a brain could not see that was a bogus call is beyond me ??? - power to review and make changes for the better, but they are too gut-less ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Ambrosie as new Commish has the power to do something here; it was a scoring play and the totally horrid flag should have been over-turned.

Did i hear that the Command Centre review is made by one guy ??? = totally stupid if that is the case - have a 3 man panel there and let majority rule. How anybody with a brain could not see that was a bogus call is beyond me ??? - power to review and make changes for the better, but they are too gut-less ?
    Ambrosie has already publicly supported the official that flagged Noel. I doubt he will do anything to improve the officiating.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:

Level
    I would been shocked if Ambrosie didn't have his official's back on the blown call. Whether anything happens behind closed doors..... we will never know.

My problem with this isn't with the initial call on the field, as awful as if was but in the fact that the command center with all the technology available to them still couldn't get it right. Everyone outside the province of Manitoba could see that the Bomber player was going down on his own and the touchdown should have stood. With the added bonus of the million dollar touchdown the league had the feel good story of the summer in their hands. Instead the casual fans, the ones the league is trying to win over are talking about how Karen got hosed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    It looked to me like Noel reached out and put his hand on Miller before the latter fell. Miller would have fallen anyway -- Noel touching him didn't cause the fall -- but Noel did touch him from behind and on a strict interp, that's a penalty. The league should put in a provision that would allow such calls to be overturned by the command centre if the infraction clearly did not affect the outcome of the play, as was the case here.

There's no way the commissioner is going to publicly rip his officials but I'm sure behind the scenes, Major (the ref who missed the two non-calls for roughing up Ray) is being taken to task.

As for the argument that it was called because it was an Argo returning the kick, sorry but that's hogwash. Every team in the league has fans who feel they are persecuted by the officials. But why would the league, or refs employed by the league, conspire to damage the franchise that is in the deepest trouble financially? There's no logic to that belief.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    It looked to me like Noel reached out and put his hand on Miller before the latter fell. Miller would have fallen anyway -- Noel touching him didn't cause the fall -- but Noel did touch him from behind and on a strict interp, that's a penalty. The league should put in a provision that would allow such calls to be overturned by the command centre if the infraction clearly did not affect the outcome of the play, as was the case here.

There's no way the commissioner is going to publicly rip his officials but I'm sure behind the scenes, Major (the ref who missed the two non-calls for roughing up Ray) is being taken to task.

As for the argument that it was called because it was an Argo returning the kick, sorry but that's hogwash. Every team in the league has fans who feel they are persecuted by the officials. But why would the league, or refs employed by the league, conspire to damage the franchise that is in the deepest trouble financially? There's no logic to that belief.
    I wouldn't take Major to task on anything, guy looks like a lunatic 😡!
    I like your provision Paul but I would put a clause in excluding Hamilton.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post

Paul has nailed it here. I believe that the "illegal block" call would not get overturned by the Command Centre even though it was likely not the best idea to throw the flag there. From what I saw on Twitter - admittedly. not necessarily the greatest source - Trestman could have challenged the call but I really doubt that it would have been overturned as Noel's hand was on the back of the Bomber.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I wouldn't take Major to task on anything, guy looks like a lunatic !
    Ben Major was the official who was clocked in the noggin a couple of years ago during a Toronto/Montreal game and got some notoriety because of the resulting black eye that he received. He was, arguably, the best known non-head referee prior to this season when the league promoted him.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Anyone who thinks the CFL has unbiased officiating has their head in the sand.
    The CFL uses local refs.
    If, say the Argos are on the road, in first place, playing the Riders who need to win to make it to playoffs. The Riders are winning. Even if it takes 20 phantom calls.
    Just wait til September, and if you think how does the league want this result, it comes up 9 times out of 10. Especially when it comes to Western teams.
    That call that cost the lady the million does not get made if it's a bomber returning the kick. Guaranteed.
    As for the video review booth? Its Jake Ireland. He's pushing 90 and a cfl lifer. Knows the company line,

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post
    I would been shocked if Ambrosie didn't have his official's back on the blown call. Whether anything happens behind closed doors..... we will never know.

My problem with this isn't with the initial call on the field, as awful as if was but in the fact that the command center with all the technology available to them still couldn't get it right. Everyone outside the province of Manitoba could see that the Bomber player was going down on his own and the touchdown should have stood. With the added bonus of the million dollar touchdown the league had the feel good story of the summer in their hands. Instead the casual fans, the ones the league is trying to win over are talking about how Karen got hosed.
    surprisingly most of the people here in winnipeg i have talked to, also agree that it was a bad call.

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Ben Major was the official who was clocked in the noggin a couple of years ago during a Toronto/Montreal game and got some notoriety because of the resulting black eye that he received. He was, arguably, the best known non-head referee prior to this season when the league promoted him.
    That explains alot then. We have a head ref with one eye and a head injury