Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
Ray has been very good and our receivers have been very good too. No one expects a kicker to make every FGA; I don't think it's reasonable to expect a receiver to catch every catchable ball.

For sure; however, the great or league best receivers just do not drop many passes - easy ones or difficult/contested ones; and the best receivers also make the difficult or circus type catch often - see Ben Cahoon (all-time best set of hands in the game IMO) - rarely dropped a pass + made lots of difficult ones; or SJ Green - so many difficult or circus catches and with the big catching radius; or Bryan Burnham now with the Lions - lots of difficult grabs + does not drop many. Fantuz is another one with just outstanding hands - drops few and huge catch radius.

Alls sorts of receivers are going to come up with plenty of catches and some impressive ones, if they are targeted 70 or 80 or more times a season = big deal. Way too many CFL receivers now drop passes or whiff on tough catch opportunities, IMO. But there are plenty of hi-light reel grabs to go around in 4 games a week with tons of passes thrown.

Adarius Bowman has been one of the top CFL receivers for the past few seasons in yardage & # of catches; an outstanding talent for sure, and in his big CFL season he dropped very few passes - which had been a real problem in his early CFL days; but he is now, the past couple of seasons, back to his early CFL form of wayyyyy too many drops. I'd still take him in my CFL receiving corps, but the ideal #1 receiver should be one of those guys who rarely drops the ball - and not many of them around.