Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Surprised no one mentioned the interesting anthem sung by Diane Clemons. Pinball's reaction on videoscreen was priceless.
    Wasn't a fan of her rendition. I think it's best for people to sing the anthem the way it should be sang, but that just me, so moving on..........

The game itself went through some lulls at times, but as a CFL fan, I think most would agree that it was a strong finish, and this season has seen some scoring. I'm not sold on the ridiculous amount of high percentage offences we're seeing, but if the League ever fixes the reffing issues, the League could really start to sell itself to "nonbelievers".

Wilder has been unimpressive so far, but a big dude, he doesn't seem to run up the gut all that well, almost as though he's afraid of contact. Williams looked good out there, the Oline looked good I suppose, but Holmes, Watman and Van Zeyl are still concerns of mine. I will admit that the defence is playing considerably better than I ever thought they would, but we're only about a 1/4 into the season, so I don't want to get my hopes up. Hopefully Woods and Butler return on Saturday, their replacements played well, but IMO the starters are better at this point.

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Drew Edwards admitted to writing the blog in the comments. It was supposed to be humorous and/or "tongue in cheek" but it missed the mark for many, including me. It was stupid.
    3downnation is full of negative media influence from TO. Rogers is well represented on 3down. You will see the slant they put on things from time to time. Drew Edwards saying it tongue in cheek. BS. It was all calculated.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Matthew Barnaby, Brandon Marshall and Genie Bouchard were all in attendance. It's the Flutie affect. I'm also convinced there were more than 10k bobble heads because at halftime, people came back with more bobble heads, as if there were extras laying around.

But what garbage from 3DN - http://3downnation.com/2017/07/24/he...rd-argos-game/

Since no one really knows how to fix this attendance problem, I have previously said how the team needs a "Drake" equivalent to promote and most important to attend the games.
    So maybe the Canadian tennis queen Genie Bouchard as well as Justin Bieber, even though I can't stand his music may be the answer if they could be convinced.
    Didn't Genie say she wanted to date that moron, but I digress?
    It has to be a happening place again to watch the Argos for filling the joint and get the bandwagon types.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Coombs 8 receptions for 73 yards with 42 YAC yards show how he has come into his own this year and will likely remain a major component of the offence.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Coombs 8 receptions for 73 yards with 42 YAC yards show how he has come into his own this year and will likely remain a major component of the offence.
    As Will and I tweeted prior to yesterday's game....

It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofan_1000 View Post
    3downnation is full of negative media influence from TO. Rogers is well represented on 3down. You will see the slant they put on things from time to time. Drew Edwards saying it tongue in cheek. BS. It was all calculated.
    Maybe it was calculated, I don’t think so personally.

Really they can continue posting nonsense if they want, drew Edwards is the editor and he is welcome to take that slant moving forward. I don’t see the logic behind it though, pushing the rogers anti-cfl agenda is just going to cause 3rd down nation to p*ss off its readership and they’ll just stop reading the articles on there altogether.I think drew learned his lesson here, he’s usually fairly even keeled and I’d opine that he likes the CFL.Speaking purely for myself, I can read bs nonsense like this if I wanted to go to sportsnet.ca and I don’t think I’ve visited that site in my life for that very reason.

Let’s just hope this was a bad / dumb decision by drew to post this nonsense (and under the “3d staff” banner) and move forward.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Surprised no one mentioned the interesting anthem sung by Diane Clemons. Pinball's reaction on videoscreen was priceless.
    That's the way she sang it at the Dome. Didn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    You have to be able to make 3rd and inches anywhere on the field. That was simply poor execution by the offence but the call to go for it was the correct one IMO.
    I agree it was the right call. Looked to me from far away that Fajardo ran too high.

With the failed third down play and the blocked FG return against Hamilton, we've overcome two dramatic negative plays that could have led to losses. Very likely would have last season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    on the non football side.... I think the tribute to the 96 / 97 Argos was a big success with a special thanks to Doug Flutie .... was great to hear the ARGO Notes again..... saw the CFL Commish at the Tailgate.... CFTO had a reporter on site at the tail gate.... when I bought a beer(s) they even gave me an ARGO beer coaster at the post game party....I think the Argo business team is doing is doing a great job .... Some times we read negative reports in the media ..... but I think there were many more positives about the game on Monday..... GO ARGOS !!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgofanIan View Post
    on the non football side.... I think the tribute to the 96 / 97 Argos was a big success with a special thanks to Doug Flutie .... was great to hear the ARGO Notes again..... saw the CFL Commish at the Tailgate.... CFTO had a reporter on site at the tail gate.... when I bought a beer(s) they even gave me an ARGO beer coaster at the post game party....I think the Argo business team is doing is doing a great job .... Some times we read negative reports in the media ..... but I think there were many more positives about the game on Monday..... GO ARGOS !!!
    Well said!!
    It's us vs the rest of the country