Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Probably didn't want a 2nd QB to get killed last night. May have been the worst I have ever seen from the O-line. Maybe time to look at Campbell, Sackey and Woods. Or change the way they use the ratio and add an import at guard.
    Agree with you about the OL. How long is the league going to hold on to every aspect of the ratio rules. Stars of the League, the QB's get hurt more than they should. I would like the ratio kept but remove the on field ratio. This allows the coaches to coach and not address the ratio during the game. Also changes the draft so teams will now hunt for the best Nationals and not the best OL. Also gives the League a tool to say that the best players are playing. It won't erode the fabric of the CFL, it will only help in my view.

A positive note is that the Argos need to evaluate Cody anyway. It is his chance to see if he can be the future of the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofan_1000 View Post
    Agree with you about the OL. How long is the league going to hold on to every aspect of the ratio rules. Stars of the League, the QB's get hurt more than they should. I would like the ratio kept but remove the on field ratio. This allows the coaches to coach and not address the ratio during the game. Also changes the draft so teams will now hunt for the best Nationals and not the best OL. Also gives the League a tool to say that the best players are playing. It won't erode the fabric of the CFL, it will only help in my view.

A positive note is that the Argos need to evaluate Cody anyway. It is his chance to see if he can be the future of the Argos.
    Regarding the ratio, with the receivers the Argos have, they should look at going with a 2nd National starting on O full time. I like Fuller, but he hasn't made a difference in this offence. I would prefer to start either Williams or Noel at the receiver spot at this point. You can also move Woodson into the field side corner spot. The o-line is having troubles, both run and pass blocking. If it requires starting an import inside, then by all means, do it.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofan_1000 View Post

Just FYI - the Bombers started 3 imports on the O-line most of last season, and they were a middle of the pack team that lost in the first round of the play-offs; OTOH - the RedBlacks started/played more NIs than all other teams in the league, including 4 on the O-line (including a rookie draft pick at OT) AND they won the GC.

Be nice to be able to talk specifics about CFL rosters instead of hearing the typical, usual cry-babying about ratio problems and lack of respect for Canadian talent or calling for less Canadian players in the freakin' CANADIAN Football League. The Argos have had some struggles on the O-line for sure; why don't you name all the superstar import O-linemen they could easily plug-in to help there. I'd like to see top Argo draft pick - Mason Woods - massive, experienced at guard - get a chance to see if he could help; but maybe there are a few dozen American O-lineman just hanging around that they could try to help as well?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Regarding the ratio, with the receivers the Argos have, they should look at going with a 2nd National starting on O full time. I like Fuller, but he hasn't made a difference in this offence. I would prefer to start either Williams or Noel at the receiver spot at this point. You can also move Woodson into the field side corner spot. The o-line is having troubles, both run and pass blocking. If it requires starting an import inside, then by all means, do it.
    Gabriel's injury, if it's serious, would likely kaibosh that. We are already playing Williams at WR, which means we currently have eight NAT starters (4 o-line, 2 rec, 1 DT, 1 DB). So in theory we could start a second INT on the o-line, but the only way that works is if we don't lose a NAT starter on defence. If we have a healthy Gabriel, Waud and Laing, it could happen. I'd also like to see Posey and Edwards in place of Fuller and Paden (altho the latter made a couple of nice catches this week).
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Winnipeg finally got tired of their porous offensive line and have gone to three imports to get the right combination to protect Nichols. They brought in that huge Left Guard Bond and suddenly the whole line plays better.

I agree about the Canadian receivers except for Green and Posey there would be no big drop off IMO to start a combination of Coombs, Williams, Noel, Ralph or Jones at the other three spots.
    I like Will Campbell's play at LT. Holmes and McEwen should be building blocks at LG and OC but they can't seem to open up any holes for the RB's right now. Van Zeyl hasn't been bad IMO at RT but could maybe be more useful now at RG. So another good right tackle would solidify things. One weak spot and sometimes everything breaks down. Jamal Campbell is going to play and I predict play well eventually, but maybe just not a full time starter quite yet.
    But the Coaches are the experts but it is frustrating watching them trying to put square pegs in round holes and expect it to work.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by cfl-cis fan View Post
    Not saying the Oline play is up to snuff but Ricky can not expect to hang on to the ball that long, NO Oline can provide that. He has for the most part abandoned the outlet. Have to take what the defence gives you some times.
    Ricky probably hung on to the ball too long on the injury play and a few others, but the notion he has abandoned outlet passes seems rather far-fetched. Thankfully he throws downfield a lot more than last year, but on Thursday the vast majority of his completions were very short, as evidenced by his stats.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Ott isn't going to lose close games forever, and Mtl looks decent (and is coming off a bye when we play them next weekend).
    The RedBlacks are 9-14-2 since the start of the 2016 season and most of those losses have been close games. They have really struggled in closing out games for a while now and the question has to be asked whether Trevor Harris is a clutch performer. I guess I am saying that I could see them continuing to lose close games for quite a while yet although that is hardly anything that the Argos should be counting upon.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The way the weak East is this year and so far even worse than last year, going with a backup for the next several weeks may not be as devastating as if this team was in the West.
    The league has to go one division.
    I know the West would welcome it and likely have pushed for it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The RedBlacks are 9-14-2 since the start of the 2016 season and most of those losses have been close games. They have really struggled in closing out games for a while now and the question has to be asked whether Trevor Harris is a clutch performer. I guess I am saying that I could see them continuing to lose close games for quite a while yet although that is hardly anything that the Argos should be counting upon.
    I myself don't have the time or inclination to do so, but it'd be interesting to review the 14 losses and 2 ties to see the culpability of (1) the offence, and (2) Trevor Harris.
    Although I may be wrong, I have the sense that (1) and (2) have not been the problem.
    Harris is a sufficiently mobile QB very able to pass the football, particularly for touchdowns. He's also tactically tough and strategically durable.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    I myself don't have the time or inclination to do so, but it'd be interesting to review the 14 losses and 2 ties to see the culpability of (1) the offence, and (2) Trevor Harris.
    Although I may be wrong, I have the sense that (1) and (2) have not been the problem.
    Harris is a sufficiently mobile QB very able to pass the football, particularly for touchdowns. He's also tactically tough and strategically durable.
    How does he do in clutch situations though? Is he able to move the ball when absolutely necessary? Is he able to make the key play needed to win the game? He sure wasn't able to do so last night.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    How does he do in clutch situations though? Is he able to move the ball when absolutely necessary? Is he able to make the key play needed to win the game? He sure wasn't able to do so last night.
    In both games against the Argos he did. First game Spicoli...er Tate, dropped the snap on the convert. 2nd game, after throwing the td pass to tie it, he never got the ball back. I have changed my opinion on Harris this year, and admit, I was wrong. He's a very good QB, probably behind Reilly and Mitchell in the top tier in the league.
    It's us vs the rest of the country