Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I only saw bits of this game, but Calgary looked way too comfortable covering our receivers. Green will get his catches and Coombs is becoming a nice option, but I'm starting to realize how much we need Devier Posey back.

In the post-game audio I think I heard Trestman mention that "Daryl" was injured. Please tell me that he was momentarily confused and talking about Daryl Bell of the University of West Florida Argonauts, and not the perpetually injured Daryl Waud.
    Waud was in civvies in the second half. Grrrr.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipyard View Post
    all the rest of our home games are saturdays at 4pm IIRC
    One is @ 7PM but they're all on Saturdays.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayahre View Post
    Yes and it looked like less fans in the stands, I would say well under 10k.
    They must have used the tickets sold not scanned last night..................

Whether it's Thursday, Friday, Sunday or Monday there hasn't been much difference in attendance.

Two games against the Ticats is what this team needs. But you know that no matter how bad their record is, the Ticats will be up for the Labour Day game and probably pull it off.
    You know very well that the Argonauts Always use tickets scanned. The upper East side looked fuller than usual.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Marc Trestman and Ricky Ray on Argos’ QB shoulder injury:

http://3downnation.com/2017/08/03/ma...oulder-injury/

Banned
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Please tell me RJ does NOT stand for Rob Johnson BTW I think Fajardo is a special QB, and I believe he broke the crazy Collin K (guy that is in the news all the time)passing record at same school

Cody Fajardo set to join Colin Kaepernick in NCAA record books, this is a story from 2014

Nevada's Cody Fajardo enters the weekend 25 yards shy of 9,000 career passing yards.

Nevada senior quarterback Cody Fajardo is about to join an NCAA fraternity so exclusive that it only has one other member.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000419827/article/cody-fajardo-set-to-join-colin-kaepernick-in-ncaa-record-books

Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Seems to me that Trestman doesn't trust Fajardo running the offense much, a lot of run plays early on. Still not sold on Fajardo, and I'm not liking the potential idea of him being thrown to the wolves, still not ready IMO. In saying that, maybe he needs some more reps to get comfortable, in BC Lulay was getting around 40% while being the backup, maybe with an old QB Trestman needs to change how he does things.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Tough game, but we probably seen it coming.
    Ray was taking more hits. Offence is around 80-90% pass.
    Hopefully Trestman reviews the games and really takes notes on how Calgary's offence runs.
    I just don't think in todays CFL you can be that pass heavy. The defenses today are too good and as the season goes along they start teeing it up and playing pass and getting more presure on the QB.

And I also think Fajardo has a lot of potential.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Seems to me that Trestman doesn't trust Fajardo running the offense much, a lot of run plays early on.
    Probably didn't want a 2nd QB to get killed last night. May have been the worst I have ever seen from the O-line. Maybe time to look at Campbell, Sackey and Woods. Or change the way they use the ratio and add an import at guard.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I also want to say it was a pleasure meeting Ravi at the game last night. As luck would have it he bought a ticket right across the aisle from my seat. 👍👍
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    You know very well that the Argonauts Always use tickets scanned. The upper East side looked fuller than usual.
    I was there and the crowd size was similar to the BC game. It ended up as 397 more than that. I'd say the announced number was accurate, though obviously disappointing. There were Calgary fans there but not nearly as many as last years game, which suprised me a bit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Looking at the stats one has to wonder how Calgary won by such a margin. The Finch punt return TD and that Calgary TD drive to end the 1st half really hurt. 6 sacks by the Argos looks good, but the pressure Calgary put on Ray all game was more meaningful. Argos have a ways to go.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Waud was in civvies in the second half. Grrrr.
    Sigh...

I'm happy for Daryl Bell though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Probably didn't want a 2nd QB to get killed last night. May have been the worst I have ever seen from the O-line. Maybe time to look at Campbell, Sackey and Woods. Or change the way they use the ratio and add an import at guard.
    Both guards have looked like human turnstiles at times, can't believe how bad Holmes has played after looking so promising earlier in his career.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Both guards have looked like human turnstiles at times, can't believe how bad Holmes has played after looking so promising earlier in his career.
    That hit on Ricky came around Van Zeyl just like Tracy did last year that put Ricky out. I thought they should have gone to more tight end formations in the second half to at least give Ricky some time. Still think Wilder could be used as a TE part of the time and if no body comes he releases for a short pass over the middle. He's dangerous when he gets in the open with the ball, a tough guy to bring down. Running inside, that's a different story.
    Normally it is the left tackle who protects the QB blind side, but with Ricky it seems his right side needs the extra blocker outside of Van Zeyl.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    That hit on Ricky came around Van Zeyl just like Tracy did last year that put Ricky out. I thought they should have gone to more tight end formations in the second half to at least give Ricky some time. Still think Wilder could be used as a TE part of the time and if no body comes he releases for a short pass over the middle. He's dangerous when he gets in the open with the ball, a tough guy to bring down. Running inside, that's a different story.
    Normally it is the left tackle who protects the QB blind side, but with Ricky it seems his right side needs the extra blocker outside of Van Zeyl.
    Not talking about that particular hit, Holmes clearly beaten on an earlier sack which has actually happened several times this season.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Some rambling observations about the game:
    .The D wasn't great but received no help from the offense. 6 QB sacks and deserved better from the offense
    .Gabriel looked banged up when he came off --replaced by Webster not Woodson. Webster missed a couple of open field tackles he should have made
    .Running game practically non-existent.
    .Fuller does not get separation and now not winning the battles for the ball.
    .OL looked porous but with no running game the Stamps were pressuring Ray all night. Only had 3 sacks but around Ray all night
    .Fajardo ran successfully as soon as he came in. He was the team's top rusher.
    .The north end zone is a disgrace--players slipping all night.
    .Down 41-13 in 4th --why go for a field goal when they need TD's to get back in the game?
    .Another pathetic crowd but they were lively until the game got out of hand. Many left well before game was over.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I also want to say it was a pleasure meeting Ravi at the game last night. As luck would have it he bought a ticket right across the aisle from my seat. 
    Nice meeting you, Argolio and your other buddy last night too, AV! You're an entertaining and knowledgeable bunch to be around.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Nice meeting you, Argolio and your other buddy last night too, AV! You're an entertaining and knowledgeable bunch to be around.
    Tell the truth: we're nuts! Great to meet you as well.

Not much to say about the game, other than they whooped us. Can't even blame the refs (even though they sucked!).

Assuming Ray is out for awhile, Fajardo has had over a year to prepare for this possibility, so now it's up to him to run with it. But I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Prukop will be our starting QB in 2018 or 19.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    We play a sixth o-lineman (J Campbell) on about half of all downs, and a FB/TE (Cross) on about another quarter, and we still can't protect the QB or open any lanes for a running game. Until we fix the blocking problem, we'll be scuffling. Going with two INTs might help but we don't currently have the depth of NAT talent to do it, IMO.

Gabriel looks to be out for a while with some type of shoulder injury -- I wonder if we will recall Matt Black. And of course Waud is probably gone, again.

It also doesn't help that we are currently missing two of our top four receivers in Posey and Edwards. Too many times, Ricky had no one open to throw to.

We are not nearly as good as Calgary at the moment. We're fortunate to play in a very weak division but still, we would be in a much more comfortable position if we had been able to win in Sask last week. Ott isn't going to lose close games forever, and Mtl looks decent (and is coming off a bye when we play them next weekend).
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I also want to say it was a pleasure meeting Ravi at the game last night. As luck would have it he bought a ticket right across the aisle from my seat. 👍👍
    Ravi knows where the best bang for your buck is in terms of ticket pricing.

Boatman
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    We play a sixth o-lineman (J Campbell) on about half of all downs, and a FB/TE (Cross) on about another quarter, and we still can't protect the QB or open any lanes for a running game. Until we fix the blocking problem, we'll be scuffling. Going with two INTs might help but we don't currently have the depth of NAT talent to do it, IMO.

Gabriel looks to be out for a while with some type of shoulder injury -- I wonder if we will recall Matt Black. And of course Waud is probably gone, again.

It also doesn't help that we are currently missing two of our top four receivers in Posey and Edwards. Too many times, Ricky had no one open to throw to.

We are not nearly as good as Calgary at the moment. We're fortunate to play in a very weak division but still, we would be in a much more comfortable position if we had been able to win in Sask last week. Ott isn't going to lose close games forever, and Mtl looks decent (and is coming off a bye when we play them next weekend).
    Not saying the Oline play is up to snuff but Ricky can not expect to hang on to the ball that long, NO Oline can provide that. He has for the most part abandoned the outlet. Have to take what the defence gives you some times.