Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I believe Mathews will start if Ricky can't go, and they can throw Fajardo in for a change of pace if Mathews isn't moving the team. But I think they have to go slow just yet with Fajardo. I game hasn't slowed down for him yet. With Harris and Collaros they showed poise from the get go. Cody isn't there yet IMO. But he needs some game time, but not when the game is on the line.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley View Post
    I dont like the sound of that, could be misinformation that they want out, closed practice was Z allowed in? who told him this??. This would be very unfair to Cody if true at all. On the other hand maybe Mathews got reps and Cody also and Cody still starts if RR cant go.

Mind You Z took issue with a competitors report that Cody would be the backup behind RR going into season, so perhaps he has some issues, also ripped his competitor as being unfit to be covering Argos...something like that

ANYWAY HERE IS THE GIST FROM Z

A decision, it seems, isn’t going to made quickly, meaning Trestman will use both Mathews and Cody Fajardo, who replaced Ray against the Stamps, during practice.
    Mathews has been the odd-man out recently with the team electing to dress rookie quarterback Dakota Prukop on special teams, no less.
    Trestman pointed out how Prukop played linebacker in high school before turning to the quarterback position.
    He’s also a great athlete.
    “We want to use every guy we have and he’s (Prukop) become a positive factor for us on special teams,’’ said Trestman.
    Last season, then head coach Scott Milanovich used Fajardo as an upback on punt coverage.
    Trestman told the media that Matthews took the majority of the Reps. The Athletic reported it as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Trestman told the media that Matthews took the majority of the Reps. The Athletic reported it as well.

Pretty cagey guy that Marc Trestman. Not only is he keeping Montreal guessing, he is lighting a fire under Cody Fajardo's ass. To me, Fajardo has shown way more promise on the field than Matthews has. Fajardo's the superior athlete, he played bigger games at a bigger college program than Matthews, and he's a veteran on this team who's paid his dues. I'd be shocked if he didn't start.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I am not surprised by any of this. Trestman did the same in Montreal where Calvillo got all of the reps. I would have been very surprised if the backups were getting any reps.
    Back then, I wouldn't be surprised if Montreal's backups were locked up in a shed during practice.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Pretty cagey guy that Marc Trestman. Not only is he keeping Montreal guessing, he is lighting a fire under Cody Fajardo's ass. To me, Fajardo has shown way more promise on the field than Matthews has. Fajardo's the superior athlete, he played bigger games at a bigger college program than Matthews, and he's a veteran on this team who's paid his dues. I'd be shocked if he didn't start.
    It would be wonderful if Toronto was the kind of town where an Argo HC could send "messages" to QBs via the media. But...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    It would be wonderful if Toronto was the kind of town where an Argo HC could send "messages" to QBs via the media. But...
    On the contrary, with so few outlets carrying Argos news, the message is not likely to get lost in the shuffle.

Banned
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    EXCELLENT, I agree with every word you stated, hope that does not get you into trouble My endorsement that is

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    You have absolutely nothing to base that on, we only had him in once ever aside from short yardage, he has been virtually perfect in short yardage, threw at least 1 TD last year on a 3rd down, he has done everything we have asked of him. Last week his first game action as a QB in 4th qtr, he lead team to 14 points, including a nice running TD, A long pass to Green. What games did you see that I missed? You have nothing to base that statement on. He was cold off the bench. If Mathews starts my opinion of Trestman takes a big hit. Even if Matthews is great, it still wont be right because Cody would have been robbed of the chance to be great as well. He was 6 of 11 for 75 yards and I think 55 yards rushing, yet Mathews gets to go in with reps???

Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I believe Mathews will start if Ricky can't go, and they can throw Fajardo in for a change of pace if Mathews isn't moving the team. But I think they have to go slow just yet with Fajardo. I game hasn't slowed down for him yet. With Harris and Collaros they showed poise from the get go. Cody isn't there yet IMO. But he needs some game time, but not when the game is on the line.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I tweeted to Argos that if Mathews starts over Fajardo my opinion of Trestman takes a hit. Am thinking about a telephone call, just called and pressed Football operations but busy signal, will try later. 416 341 2700

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    The coaches are really the only ones who have seen enough of both Fajardo and Matthews to make a fair evaluation. I'd go with Fajardo over Matthews but I trust the coaching staff to do what's best for the team. If Ray is healthy it won't even matter.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I tweeted to Argos that if Mathews starts over Fajardo my opinion of Trestman takes a hit. Am thinking about a telephone call, just called and pressed Football operations but busy signal, will try later. 416 341 2700
    Are you for real?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    somehow I don't think copeland or moore will take your call.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Are you for real?
    Seriously.

Are you Fajardo's agent?
    Do you get a % of his earnings if he plays or something?

You have made it VERY clear that you like Fajardo.
    If you think you know better than Trestman, fine.
    But to actually tweet and call the Argos to complain about their roster decisions seems over the top to me.

Btw, thanks for the phone number, but I won't be calling the Argos to influence their roster decision for you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I expect to see both Fajardo and Matthews get playing time Friday night. Trap game for Montreal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    You have absolutely nothing to base that on, we only had him in once ever aside from short yardage, he has been virtually perfect in short yardage, threw at least 1 TD last year on a 3rd down, he has done everything we have asked of him. Last week his first game action as a QB in 4th qtr, he lead team to 14 points, including a nice running TD, A long pass to Green. What games did you see that I missed? You have nothing to base that statement on. He was cold off the bench. If Mathews starts my opinion of Trestman takes a big hit. Even if Matthews is great, it still wont be right because Cody would have been robbed of the chance to be great as well. He was 6 of 11 for 75 yards and I think 55 yards rushing, yet Mathews gets to go in with reps???
    Actually I was going on My Opinion.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Marc Trestman has more football knowledge in a clipping from his TOENAIL than you do, whomever he decides to start will be the proper call. I love your passion for Cody, but stop pretending you know how to make this call. NONE of us Argofan posters have the knowledge or experience that Coach Trestman and his staff have.

That said, I liked a kid named John Congemi, and always was cheering for him to play more. We all are entitled to our favs
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Was quite a reach to say he is not ready, opinions are great but you made it sound if you saw something in his play that determined he was somehow not up to it. He has been virtually perfect in short yardage, and the one time he gets in , plays 4th qtr, cold with no reps off the bench, did a darn fine job, 6 0f 11 for 75 yards, a long bomb to Green, another he should have had, took the team to 2 field goals, rushed for 55 yards, including nice td run, on top of that he threw basically the equivalent of a TD pass for successful 2 point conversion.

Imagine what he would have done with reps, now it looks like he will basically be demoted while Mathews gets to go in with reps, simply unfair to me.

And yes it takes me back to former managements, such as forcing Kerry Joseph on a coach that did not want him, coach Stubler was quite happy with Bishop so were the players

Bart Andruss, getting rid of Arland Bruce

Milanovich and Barker trading away the big 3 saying they were trouble makers

My sister has season tickets, I did years ago but am north as a care giver to loved one, she says in her section they are all high on Cody, she and her 3 friends that go to all games feel the same as i, and they state it`s like that in her entire section, comments such as Hey this Cody Fajardo is the real deal, along those lines, so for the team to shiet on cody is just unsportsmanlike

I might even argue same idea as Flutie being benched in Buffalo for Rob Johnson after Flutie took them to playoffs, Big named qbs in states such as Steve Young stated it was just bad for football to do such a thing. If Cody does not start they are crapping on him, no 2 ways about it

[QUO

TE=doubleblue;114457]Actually I was going on My Opinion. [/QUOTE]

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    SHIRLEY SAID -
    He has been virtually perfect in short yardage, and the one time he gets in ,.....

Imagine what he would have done with reps

Wanna bet all the Ted White fans were saying the same thing about Anthony Calvillio getting all the reps?

HAHA....your very entertaining
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level