Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Argos sign Linden Gaydosh

An already deep #Argos defensive line just got deeper. They've signed Linden Gaydosh, the first-overall pick in the 2013 #CFL draft.
    — Mike Hogan (@tsnmikehogan) August 7, 2017

Has been a "bust" and has really hasn't done much in his career as of yet. Maybe Chamblin is the man to get him going. Also might mean we're not expecting Waud or Laing back any time soon.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Low risk, potential high reward move.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I disagree with Hogie's description of our d-line as deep. We have lots of tackles (if only they could all stay healthy) but just three INT ends. Walker and/or Foster might eventually develop into regulars but I don't think either is ready to play a lot of snaps at DE yet. I would really like us to bring in another DE, and have been saying that since week 1.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I disagree with Hogie's description of our d-line as deep. We have lots of tackles (if only they could all stay healthy) but just three INT ends. Walker and/or Foster might eventually develop into regulars but I don't think either is ready to play a lot of snaps at DE yet. I would really like us to bring in another DE, and have been saying that since week 1.
    Eric Martin played fairly well late last year. They didn't cut him and he didn't retire apparently as he is on the suspended list. Maybe he will be back a some time if he has a non football injury or some other issue.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Gaydosh is a BIG boy, thinking out of the box maybe make him a project, and pull a "Chris Shultz", switch his position from Def and train him as an O-lineman?
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Gaydosh is a BIG boy, thinking out of the box maybe make him a project, and pull a "Chris Shultz", switch his position from Def and train him as an O-lineman?
    Interesting thought, and not that out of the box. Worked for Van Zeyl and Federkeil, who were both all-star DTs in CIS ball.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Eric Martin played fairly well late last year. They didn't cut him and he didn't retire apparently as he is on the suspended list. Maybe he will be back a some time if he has a non football injury or some other issue.

Have you seen late round draft pick DE Kwaku Boateng play for the Esks this year? - playing more reps every game it seems - on the field almost as much as vet import starters Willis & Howard lately, and Boateng is looking quite strong - fast & explosive with a couple of sacks already. The Argos could have drafted him several times over, but chose to pass; but they did use a much higher pick than where Boateng went to take DE Evan Foster - who i guess just hasn't panned out for any playing time (inspite of a strong ex. game performance); funny how some young guys work out when they are given a shot at playing time. Another later round draft pick - DT Justin Vaughn - is playing some on the Ticats D-line rotation.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    In an interview earlier this year Chris Jones mentioned that Gaydosh might be "serviceable" on the OL. That's not a strong endorsement, but it's at least a possibility.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    In an interview earlier this year Chris Jones mentioned that Gaydosh might be "serviceable" on the OL. That's not a strong endorsement, but it's at least a possibility.

I'd like to see Bishop be given a shot at OG when/if he comes back from injury; not really near athletic enough to play D-line in the CFL, but he is 300 pound range and has played in the NFL before where he might have learned some good guard play ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I'd like to see Bishop be given a shot at OG when/if he comes back from injury; not really near athletic enough to play D-line in the CFL, but he is 300 pound range and has played in the NFL before where he might have learned some good guard play ?
    Bishop was playing quite well as a DT before his injury. As for the Gaydosh signing, why not leave hime at DT? Unfortunately Waud is not able to remain healthy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Sarcasm aside, no way I'd position-switch an established starter from DL to OL in the middle of a season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gaydosh was a very good player during his University days. Injuries have done him in, but if he can ever stay healthy, I think he needs to stick with DL - could be a force (again if healthy).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Have you seen late round draft pick DE Kwaku Boateng play for the Esks this year? - playing more reps every game it seems - on the field almost as much as vet import starters Willis & Howard lately, and Boateng is looking quite strong - fast & explosive with a couple of sacks already. The Argos could have drafted him several times over, but chose to pass; but they did use a much higher pick than where Boateng went to take DE Evan Foster - who i guess just hasn't panned out for any playing time (inspite of a strong ex. game performance); funny how some young guys work out when they are given a shot at playing time. Another later round draft pick - DT Justin Vaughn - is playing some on the Ticats D-line rotation.
    So I guess that means EVERY team passed on him several times over.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm with you on that one. I can't see Foster, who is really a short 5'11 225 instead of his listed 6'1 245, ever being a force at DE. Maybe they can eventually make a back up MLB out of him and hope he is a special teams star. Boateng is turning out to be what I thought he would be on what I saw of him on the field. However we don't see off field issues that the teams do. Not saying Boateng had any but something seems to have had teams passing on him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    So I guess that means EVERY team passed on him several times over.

YES - including Ottawa - who drafted a back-up fullback and a long-snapper instead - and who could really use some help at DE

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I'm with you on that one. I can't see Foster, who is really a short 5'11 225 instead of his listed 6'1 245, ever being a force at DE. Maybe they can eventually make a back up MLB out of him and hope he is a special teams star. Boateng is turning out to be what I thought he would be on what I saw of him on the field. However we don't see off field issues that the teams do. Not saying Boateng had any but something seems to have had teams passing on him.
    I doubt Foster is 5-11; but whatever (Boateng is listed at 6-0 BTW) - Foster is super athletic/strong and was a real play-maker at DE in college ball. Don't see why he could not be given some reps at DE to see what he can do - especially with Butler out. He did make some impact in playing time in an exhibition game.

CFL teams yearly/routinely pass on proven, all-star, top notch position players in the draft to instead take special teamers/guys seen as back-ups only or "projects" = dumb /laughable - just IMO of course.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I doubt Foster is 5-11; but whatever (Boateng is listed at 6-0 BTW) - Foster is super athletic/strong and was a real play-maker at DE in college ball. Don't see why he could not be given some reps at DE to see what he can do - especially with Butler out. He did make some impact in playing time in an exhibition game.
    Foster's preseason play was almost certainly against guys who eventually got cut. Did he ever face guys in college as big and strong and athletic as most CFL OTs are? I suspect not. He might well develop into a player, but IMO he would probably be overmatched at DE at this point in his career.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Foster's preseason play was almost certainly against guys who eventually got cut. Did he ever face guys in college as big and strong and athletic as most CFL OTs are? I suspect not. He might well develop into a player, but IMO he would probably be overmatched at DE at this point in his career.
    You're entitled to your opinion there of course and can base it on whatever predictable stuff.

Have you seen Boateng play DE for the Esks this season? Has he been over-matched playing against pro O-linemen? Maybe the Esks coaching staff missed the memo about ALL Canadian players needing years to "develop" before they should get any CFL playing time opportunity? You should let them in on this info.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Boateng has played six games in his career and looked pretty good. Good for him. It doesn't translate to how other guys would perform in similar or different circumstances.

Predictability about the basis of opinions is in the eye of the beholder.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    You're entitled to your opinion there of course and can base it on whatever predictable stuff.

Have you seen Boateng play DE for the Esks this season? Has he been over-matched playing against pro O-linemen? Maybe the Esks coaching staff missed the memo about ALL Canadian players needing years to "develop" before they should get any CFL playing time opportunity? You should let them in on this info.
    Are you SURE he is entitled to his opinion?
    Your usual mocking tone indicates he is not.

FFS, some things never change on this forum.
    I wonder why I have tried to participate again.