Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
Admittedly, I don't know a lot about Prukop, except from game action. He's pretty darn fast and a good athlete. He made a great ST tackle last night.
Prukop is atheltic and a decent arm IMO, could be someone worth developing. That TD pass he threw in the pre season was a thing of beauty, although one pass does not make a qb lol.
Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
Both Mathews and Fajardo were not impressive. In terms of back-up QB's these guys are about 50-60% as good as Harris and Collaros were as Argo backup QB's.

The latter were able to step up and win games when Ray was injured.

Mathews and Fajardo will only lose games, as they are not ready, and frankly not good enough.

Only hope the Argo's have to make the playoffs is a healthy Ricky Ray
Agreed on Matthews, TBH I see no point in wasting time on him. Jury is still out on Fajardo and the others IMO.
Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
I guess not surprising that some people are prepared to write two QBs off based on half a game each. Neither guy has had anything like a chance to be "the guy." We know Trestman gives his No. 1 QB all the reps in practice (a method I fervently disagree with), but this past week the two guys apparently split reps. If one of them gets a sustained period of all/most reps AND plays a few full games, we'll have a better idea of what they are capable of.
Yep, maybe still too early, but Matthews has been up here in the CFL for awhile, IMO should have progressed at least a little. You and I agree on Trestmans practice method.