Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
We clearly have a very solid defence, with some depth altho not as much as I'd like at DE and DB. Six Game 1 defensive starters are out and the D still played well on Friday. We have had good pressure on the QB the past two games, so Butler's absence isn't as noticeable as it might have been. We've been able to get key stops to force FGs or punts at times. That's something to build on and it should allow us to stay competitive in games against eastern teams. If RR gets healthy and we can get the o-line working at at least an average level, we should be able to stay in the playoff hunt all year.
The team would look even better if we made some key catches, probably resulting in another win or two. I like our Cdn receiver depth. With all the dropsies, Williams, Jones, Noel should all be playing/starting, IMO. It would open up possibilities for a stronger line in the future. I do like the illustration of Rob Johnson/Doug Flutie that Shirley used. The Bills line "gelled" when Flutie played, LOL. A mobile QB makes the line look so much better. Ray is a great QB, but no way does he roll out and make a play like Fajardo did last game. Not fair to ask for Flutie, if we had someone like Collaros (pre-concussion), I think the team would be looking pretty solid. Not trying to start that debate again, the line just isn't good enough for a pocket passer like Ray.