Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    There's little question that the only way to upgrade the o-line at this stage would be with another INT. Jamal Campbell has played a lot of snaps as a sixth o-lineman but likely isn't yet ready to become a FT OT, Watman/Deane are more or less interchangeable, and below them the NATs (Sackey and Kolankowski) have had no playing time so are not ready. I don't think either of our INT OTs have been all that great, so I don't know that putting one of them in at RT or RG would make a huge difference. If we can find a game-changing INT from NFL cuts or somewhere else, I'd be fine with sitting an INT receiver. But if and when Posey gets healthy, I want him in the lineup.

"Little question" ??? - according to who ?

Do you have any idea on how many O-linemen from last year's draft ended up starting for their team's last season? The Argos used their top draft pick this year on Mason Woods - massive O-lineman with significant starting experience at guard in Div I US college ball. He MIGHT be an upgrade on either of the starting guards (particularly Watman/Deane, but Holmes has struggled often too IMO).

But wait - maybe all young Canadian players need years to "develop" or move up a poorly thought out pre-season depth chart that often happens ? Guess Ottawa missed that memo last year when rookie draft pick Lauzon-Seguin started for them including in a GC win?; Hamilton too as draft pick Revenberg replaced and was an upgrade over an obviously struggling vet Dyakownski ?

Paden has shown little in the CFL other than being able to catch a few passes dropped right in his bread basket and that drop last week in the end zone was terrible and added to his multi drops resume from Ottawa. He gets to play over Noel or Jones or Ralph simply because of his passport - with little question.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    "Little question" ??? - according to who ?

Do you have any idea on how many O-linemen from last year's draft ended up starting for their team's last season? The Argos used their top draft pick this year on Mason Woods - massive O-lineman with significant starting experience at guard in Div I US college ball. He MIGHT be an upgrade on either of the starting guards (particularly Watman/Deane, but Holmes has struggled often too IMO).

But wait - maybe all young Canadian players need years to "develop" or move up a poorly thought out pre-season depth chart that often happens ? Guess Ottawa missed that memo last year when rookie draft pick Lauzon-Seguin started for them including in a GC win?; Hamilton too as draft pick Revenberg replaced and was an upgrade over an obviously struggling vet Dyakownski ?

Paden has shown little in the CFL other than being able to catch a few passes dropped right in his bread basket and that drop last week in the end zone was terrible and added to his multi drops resume from Ottawa. He gets to play over Noel or Jones or Ralph simply because of his passport - with little question.
    Well I have made no bones about my opinion on Lauzon-Seguin, and that Barker should have drafted him instead of Jones. Would have solved the RG position for quite a while. But there are not a lot of Canadians out of the CIS ready to start their first year IMO. Not that they're not talented, but this league is pretty good, and I mean Pretty Good. I don't know what's going on with the Jones kid. I don't think he has been badly injured this year, just doesn't seem to be a fit for Trestman's offense I guess.
    We're always on the outside looking in and don't know the likes and dislikes Coaches have for players or what else they know about them that factor into who stays and who sits or go's.
    I sure if OV was the Coach and PW and Angelo were trying out they wouldn't survive the first round of cuts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Well I have made no bones about my opinion on Lauzon-Seguin, and that Barker should have drafted him instead of Jones. Would have solved the RG position for quite a while.
    No guarantee of that. With the way FA works now, you really can only count on keeping any new players to the league for 2 years. This is a major reason that a lot of teams have no issues trading draft picks these days.
    It's us vs the rest of the country