Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    I think we owe Shirley an apology.
    I think you should review his posts.

Tonight's main lesson, IMO, is that Fajardo doesn't look like a future star and seems questionable as a future starter. He is definitely mobile, but that was a weak passing performance. He's now the clear #2, and hopefully he'll be better with lots of reps in practice and an offense tailored to his strengths, but I was dismayed by what I saw.

Mathews was even worse (overall), but did any of us expect much?
    Last edited by Wobbler; 08-12-2017 at 12:02 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I think you should review his posts.

Tonight's main lesson, IMO, is that Fajardo doesn't look like a future star. He is definitely mobile, but that was a weak passing performance. He's now the clear #2, and hopefully he'll be better with lots of reps in practice and an offense tailored to his strengths, but I was dismayed by what I saw.

Mathews was even worse (overall), but did any of us expect much?
    I must have been watching a different Fajardo than you. The one I was watching moved the ball down the field well with some nice passes and kept the defense off balance with his rushing ability. I guess it depends on your definition of Star.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I must have been watching a different Fajardo than you. The one I was watching moved the ball down the field well with some nice passes and kept the defense off balance with his rushing ability. I guess it depends on your definition of Star.
    The "I must have been watching a different ____" thing is pretty tired. You disagree with me - totally fine!

What I hoped to see from Fajardo was an ability to make various situational throws. We all know he moves well and carries well. He did that and helped Whitaker to look like his old self. That's great! But... Fajardo didn't seem to read well or throw the ball well. He completed short passes, but I saw nothing to suggest that he could be special in the next year or two - which is all that matters in the CFL.

I haven't given up on him, but this was discouraging.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    The "I must have been watching a different ____" thing is pretty tired. You disagree with me - totally fine!

What I hoped to see from Fajardo was an ability to make various situational throws. We all know he moves well and carries well. He did that and helped Whitaker to look like his old self. That's great! But... Fajardo didn't seem to read well or throw the ball well. He completed short passes, but I saw nothing to suggest that he could be special in the next year or two - which is all that matters in the CFL.

I haven't given up on him, but this was discouraging.
    If it's tired so be it. Thanks but I'll continue to speak as I see fit, within the rules of the site. I liked what I saw from Fajardo and if Ray isn't healthy I hope that he gets his First start on Saturday.