Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
The first "called-back TD" came well after several whistles had been blown. I'm fairly sure Mtl was not playing at full speed and intensity given that the play was clearly dead. Let's not overstate how well Fajardo did.
I agree with this. Fajardo threw for a whole 70 yards in the second half. You can't win games in this league if you can't throw the football. Hopefully Fajardo's passing prowess can improve over time as I like the other attributes that he brings to the table. Although the offence was better in the second half, that kind of offence isn't sustainable in this league. That is why Lefevour has never amounted to much.

I have never been a fan of Mathews but was willing to give him another chance. I know that he is only 25 or so but this is his fourth year in the league and I expected something better than what I saw in the first half of this game.

The defence looked very good and kept the Argos in this game but I can't think of one big play that the Argos made tonight on offence, defence or special teams. The longest play on offence IIRC was a 30 yard run by Whitaker.