Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Matthews played pretty crappy as most expected, and while Fajardo can run around ane move the ball, he's not much of a passer IMO. He may develop into one if Trestman actually works with him, instead of giving Ray pretty much all the reps, and even splitting reps with Matthews, and he may not. Neither QB looks like the future as of right now, and the team is still keeping around Prukop and Bethel Thompson, so I wouldn't go so far as saying that the "QB of the future" isn't on the roster currently.

Personally I really like Prukop, but he needs to be developed, even if developed he may not be the guy either. One thing is for sure IMO, Trestman needs to change his ways, and ensure that he develops the next QB after Ray - we all know what happened in Montreal with Calvillo getting all the reps and playing every game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    We all see things from our own perspective. Only time will tell whose opinion is more appropriate but let's agree to accept the value of each other's opinion. At least we all seem to agree that Matthews performed poorly. Personally, as I have stated before, I thought Fajardo played very well, as he did what any good QB does and took advantage of what the opposition gave him. The 2 recalled TD's and the dropped ball in the end zone were hardly his fault and with better luck, IMO, he could have pulled this game out of the fire.

The next game against Montreal is a big one. Hopefully Ray will be fit for the game. Would be nice to see a good crowd for this game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I like what I saw from Fajardo and I'm willing to give him a chance to start, like I was with Mathews before overly criticizing. Passing needs to be improved, of course, and you can see why they went with Mathews because of this. Too bad Mathews couldn't take advantage of this opportunity. Cody's final roll out, throw to the endzone reminded me of Dunigan.

The Argos didn't do themselves too many favors last night. Poorly timed penalties and dropped balls made life very hard for an unexperienced QB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Personally I really like Prukop, but he needs to be developed.
    Admittedly, I don't know a lot about Prukop, except from game action. He's pretty darn fast and a good athlete. He made a great ST tackle last night.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Both Mathews and Fajardo were not impressive. In terms of back-up QB's these guys are about 50-60% as good as Harris and Collaros were as Argo backup QB's.

The latter were able to step up and win games when Ray was injured.

Mathews and Fajardo will only lose games, as they are not ready, and frankly not good enough.

Only hope the Argo's have to make the playoffs is a healthy Ricky Ray
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021