Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

GAME THREAD: Lions vs. Riders

According to TSN, Jennings is getting the bulk of practice reps this week and Lulay is somewhat banged up. Either way Lions will have a highly capable QB to face the Riders. However, Saskatchewan is tough at home this year, as in the past. Edge: BC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    My who cares game of the week. I will cheer for BC, because the thought of all 5 western teams possibly having better records than all 4 eastern teams, kind of makes me ill.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    It is now confirmed that Jennings, who was injured in week 4's victory over Hamilton, will get the start for the Lions because Lulay injured his ribs in last week's win against the Riders. The luxury of two experienced starting QBs is something the Argos wish they had right now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Former Argo OL Bruce Campbell will likely suit up for his first game with the Riders. After a nomadic NFL career,

Campbell signed with the Toronto Argonauts in March of 2015. He played 15 games with the Argos that year and then was acquired by the Roughriders in February of 2016. On May 3 of that year, Campbell abruptly retired.
    “At that time, I was done,” recalled the 29-year-old product of Hamden, Conn. “I didn’t train for football when I was out. I wasn’t doing anything football-related. I was just working out and adjusting to life. I was trying to figure out exactly where I fit in in the real world,” he added. “I was doing some restoration work, talking to some of my buddies who own financial companies (in hopes of being) a financial adviser, stuff like that. I was trying to get a gist and a feel for where I wanted to be in life after football.”
    He heard from Roughriders head coach-GM Chris Jones the odd time during the 2016 season and through the winter before eventually realizing football still was in his blood.
    “I missed the game too much,” Campbell said. “I follow all of these guys on Instagram. I was watching all my buddies play and having fun and it started hurting at home. I was like, ‘I might as well still play while I can.’ ’’
    So Campbell reported to the Roughriders on June 26. He has been practising with them since then and, in each of their past three games, was one of two healthy scratches.
    He finally could get his chance to play Sunday, when Saskatchewan entertains the B.C. Lions. With centre Dan Clark sidelined with an elbow injury, left guard Brendon LaBatte is expected to play centre and left tackle Derek Dennis likely will move to left guard. That could give Campbell a chance to play left tackle.
    https://www.riderville.com/2017/08/1...ruce-campbell/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    What an old fashioned @$$- kicking the Riders doled out at home.

BC was/is not that good and were quite over-rated by some; and the Riders were not that bad - like i thought they were early in the season.

Parity in the league this year? - even with the East struggling - anybody can beat anybody on any given day IMO (except for the Pussycats who may be headed for another 1 & 17 type season).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    What an old fashioned @$$- kicking the Riders doled out at home.

BC was/is not that good and were quite over-rated by some; and the Riders were not that bad - like i thought they were early in the season.

Parity in the league this year? - even with the East struggling - anybody can beat anybody on any given day IMO (except for the Pussycats who may be headed for another 1 & 17 type season).
    LOL!
    Your first sentence is dead on. Beat down to the nth degree.
    And while I agree with your second statement, I still thought the Lions would take this one.

So, any guess as to who will be the CFL first star of the week?
    Anyone other than Riders' DB Rainey (4 interceptions) and I will be shocked.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    LOL!
    Your first sentence is dead on. Beat down to the nth degree.
    And while I agree with your second statement, I still thought the Lions would take this one.

So, any guess as to who will be the CFL first star of the week?
    Anyone other than Riders' DB Rainey (4 interceptions) and I will be shocked.
    That's Gainey, son of former NHLer Bob.

It's us vs the rest of the country