Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

2017 Grey Cup Game

With the Ottawa RedBlacks announcing in June that fewer than 3,000 tickets remain for the November 26th game, any remaining tickets are likely to go soon with the announcement today that Shania Twain will play at half-time. She also performed at the 2002 Grey Cup game in Edmonton. Ottawa appears to be doing a great job of organizing and promoting the Cup.

Twain’s Grey Cup performance celebrates her triumphant return and will follow the highly-anticipated release of her fifth full-length studio album, NOW, out September 29th. Solely written and co-produced by Twain, NOW marks her first album release since 2002’s UP!
    https://www.cfl.ca/2017/08/10/grammy...halftime-show/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    With the trend over the past several years to have young performers as the half time show in an effort to appeal to younger viewers/fans, I thought they might go for someone like Alessia Cara (a current fave of mine btw).
    However, I believe Shania Twain is a good choice.

I am disappointed that CFL.ca referred to her as a Grammy award winner though.
    In Canada's 150th year, with the Grey Cup in the nation's capital, surely they should have referred to her as a Juno award winner.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    The Grammy is a bigger award. When a scientist wins both the Lasker and a Nobel prize in his/her career, the latter takes priority.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The announcement on TSN mentioned Grammys, Junos and American Music Awards, FWIW.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I think right about now Ottawa fans would rather see Henry Burris than Shania Twain. Just kidding. Sort of.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have no problem with the decision. I really don't watch the game for halftime anyways. Admittedly, I had never heard of Imagine Dragons last year, and thought they were excellent. Now, I hear them on the radio all the time.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Jeff Hunt has done a great job of building the RedBlack franchise and organizing this year's sold-out Grey Cup.

It’s almost been a blur to Jeff Hunt — four years have gone by so quickly and in a month the Ottawa Redblacks will host the Grey Cup, a game that is officially sold out.
    The Redblacks, of course, are the defending Grey Cup champions.
    “I remember when we were negotiating our expansion franchise,” said Hunt, Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group’s president of sports and a catalyst in bringing the Canadian Football League back to Ottawa for the 2014 season.
    “We put very high at the top of our list having a Grey Cup in the first four years. I remember thinking how far off that seemed off at the time. You almost don’t even think of it as real. Now, to be a month away from hosting a Grey Cup, with everything that’s happened here in the past four years, it’s just been an unbelievable ride.”
    With the addition of temporary stands in both the east and west end zones, capacity at TD Place will increase from 24,000 to 36,000. About 10,000 of those seats are already in place and could be used in either a semifinal or division championship game.

“I’m not surprised (at the early sellout) with the way RNation has supported the Redblacks all along,” said Hunt. “You have to figure 80 per cent of the tickets would be sold here in Ottawa. It shows you the interest level. To have it sold out, it’s one less thing to worry about.”
    The Grey Cup is much more than a game, it’s a week full of activities for all ages. For those who like such things, it’s also a big party. The Grey Cup arrives in the nation’s capital Nov. 21 to kick off the Grey Cup Festival, which features more than 30 free and ticketed events — headlined by the Concert Series, 2017 Shaw CFL Awards and Rev-Up Party, Nissan Titan Street Festival, Gridiron Gals event, Family Fun Zone and the RNation Party.
    “I always say the Grey Cup isn’t a game, it’s a festival, it’s a weeklong event,” said Hunt. “It’s all of the fun around the game that’s the highlight.”
    http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...nth-in-advance

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the CFL Playoff Games and Grey Cup can be seen almost anywhere in the world now as the following map shows.

Visit here for information about purchasing Playoff and Grey Cup streaming packs. Information regarding geographic and blackout restrictions can be found here.

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/11/09/watch-...-cup-playoffs/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    That global streaming is great! I listened to the 1996 Grey Cup on shortwave radio in Sarajevo in the middle of the night. Progress!
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm not sure that map's accurate - the FAQ says "not available in sub-Saharan Africa". My son is doing a work term in Swaziland (with their Olympic Committee) and unfortunately the live stream might not be available there. This may put a crimp in his plans for Swaziland's biggest Grey Cup party :-)
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Below is the detailed Grey Cup Transportation Plan for anyone going to the game.

https://www.ottawaredblacks.com/2017...plan-unveiled/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks for posting ..... Got three ARGO Fans going to the big game... but we are a bit out of the way out of town.... Any ideas on where to meet / eat prior to big game ... please let me know... also looking for info on CFL fans against cancer event ... could you advise... Thanks for any help ... Go ARGOS ....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    I'm not sure that map's accurate - the FAQ says "not available in sub-Saharan Africa". My son is doing a work term in Swaziland (with their Olympic Committee) and unfortunately the live stream might not be available there. This may put a crimp in his plans for Swaziland's biggest Grey Cup party :-)
    Not available in Germany or China either, but showing in North Korea.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgofanIan View Post
    Thanks for posting ..... Got three ARGO Fans going to the big game... but we are a bit out of the way out of town.... Any ideas on where to meet / eat prior to big game ... please let me know... also looking for info on CFL fans against cancer event ... could you advise... Thanks for any help ... Go ARGOS ....
    I haven't lived in Ottawa since 1974. However there are lots of restaurants along Bank Street, where the entrance to Frank Clair Stadium.
    Here's a map. You can enlarge it to find restaurants in the area.
    https://www.google.ca/maps/place/TD+...!4d-75.6834678

There is a wide range of restaurants within Lansdowne which have their exact location marked marked on a map when you click on them under the Restaurants title.

https://www.tdplace.ca/map/?location=Jack_Astor_x60_s

The CFL Fans Fight Against Cancer can be found on Facebook at
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1831139280531084/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks Jerrym... for the tips re Ottawa... I think its going to be a great CFL party.... Go ARGOS !!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Good ole shortwave will have to do. It worked just fine for me in 1997 in Sarajevo.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The website below has information on events by date (click on the bullhorn), transportation (click on bus), a map, Grey Cup merchandise (click on the T-shirt), and how to keep up with new information (click on the quote bubble).

http://greycupfestival105.ca/#lansdowne

New Fan
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 48

Level
    The scene is set for the 105th Grey Cup presented by Shaw which will see the Toronto Argonauts take on the Calgary Stampeders at TD Place next Sunday.
    Get ready for watch Grey Cup 2017 live streaming here. Check out full details on Grey Cup live stream free or paid, commercials, telecast, and halftime show here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Stampeders have arrived in Ottawa still upset about last year's loss in the Grey Cup.

The memories from last year’s upset loss to the Ottawa REDBLACKS in the biggest game of the year still swirl around the Calgary Stampeders like a prairie snowstorm.
    Frustration. Anger. Questions.
    As much as the Stampeders don’t want to dwell on the past, trying to heal the wound left by that loss will influence how Calgary prepares this week to play the Toronto Argonauts in Sunday’s 105th Grey Cup presented by Shaw.
    “I think everybody gets motivated and driven by something else,” quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell said Tuesday after stepping off the team flight to Ottawa. “I’m sure there are a lot of us out here that are driven by last year and what happened.
    “Right now, you see it in guy’s eyes. There’s no smiles from ear to ear. Guys are focused on what to do. We’re talking about meeting times and things like that instead of talking about where to go eat.”
    Football coaches usually avoid using the word failure. Calgary coach Dave Dickenson came close when talking about the emptiness the Stampers felt after last year’s game.
    https://www.cfl.ca/2017/11/21/stampe...renewed-focus/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    On the other hand, the mood of the Argos as they arrive in Ottawa is quite different.

The Argos were still feeling exhilarated in the wake of their 25-21 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders, a game in which they coughed up a sizeable lead only to rescue the affair with a touchdown with just seconds remaining. That success, in that way, might lead a group of athletes to hit Grey Cup Week in a swaggering fashion, but the Argos who came through the media area of this small, private hangar could not have been more serene.
    “Ten,” said a soft-spoken James Wilder Jr., when asked to rate his excitement level. His voice was barely moving the meter on the recorder.
    “Of course, ten.”
    Wilder, like Ball, is a force of energy on a football field but understated off it, at least in the days that precede a big game. And then there’s Marc Trestman, a generally placid, mild-mannered coach, who was actually the most-animated of the four. He had a reason for that.
    “They’re grown men and they’re professionals,” said Trestman, assuring the gathering that his team is comprised of deadly serious, mission-aware athletes. “They know why they came here but their responsibilities are to each other.”
    https://www.cfl.ca/2017/11/21/argona...alm-collected/