Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The league needs to establish a escalating set of penalties that automatically increase from fines to an increasing number of games suspension with each successive offence in order to inhibit repeat offenders now that we know the lifelong consequences for those injured.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Hebert is a tough, hard hitter but gets away with too many head shots (for nowdays in football).

The CFL should IMO have a policy for intent to injure type fouls (maybe they already do?); sometimes a play can happen that maybe was not an intent to injure, so it's a tough call, but IMO 2 of those in a season and a guy should be suspended for the year; and 3 in career = 3 strikes you're out - banned for life.

If I was an Argo coach - i'd set up Hebert to take a big smash in his mouth next game (and not a dirty low hit to take his knee out and cause injury); have a big size back or receiver (say Cross) - early in the game - and design a play where Hebert is going to get blindsided with a tough but clean hit - those kind of blocks can still be delivered legally - maybe rings the Dirty Bird's bell or knocks him right out; and then have the Argo who delivered the blow stand over him and say: "how's that pal - think you're a tough guy now with your cheap-shots" (The Champ); worth the unsportsmanlike penalty IMO that might ensue to send a message to an @$$-hat who deserves one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Hebert is a tough, hard hitter but gets away with too many head shots (for nowdays in football).

The CFL should IMO have a policy for intent to injure type fouls (maybe they already do?); sometimes a play can happen that maybe was not an intent to injure, so it's a tough call, but IMO 2 of those in a season and a guy should be suspended for the year; and 3 in career = 3 strikes you're out - banned for life.

If I was an Argo coach - i'd set up Hebert to take a big smash in his mouth next game (and not a dirty low hit to take his knee out and cause injury); have a big size back or receiver (say Cross) - early in the game - and design a play where Hebert is going to get blindsided with a tough but clean hit - those kind of blocks can still be delivered legally - maybe rings the Dirty Bird's bell or knocks him right out; and then have the Argo who delivered the blow stand over him and say: "how's that pal - think you're a tough guy now with your cheap-shots" (The Champ); worth the unsportsmanlike penalty IMO that might ensue to send a message to an @$$-hat who deserves one.
    Given how little discipline the league actually hands out I wouldn't be that surprised if the players actually took it upon themselves to handle it.

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Cody will do it.lol .the way this guy runs sometimes it just might happen on its own.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level

I normally don't support players "policing" the game themselves (in any sport, not just football) but I have seen enough of Hebert's cheap/dirty shots that have not been appropriately punished by the league IMO. Therefore, I would actually support a solid "warning shot" such as the one described above.

Hell, the guy leads with his helmet, leaps off the ground to make the hit, and initial contact is with Fajardo's helmet!
    Who teaches that as good tackling technique???

I still hold a grudge against Hebert for ending Jon Cornish's career btw. Cornish was an entertaining RB (and a NAT!).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    OV after reading your post I was reminded of an incident when I was young involving Sonny Wade and I believe Dick Thornton. This is astounding in itself since I can't remember where I left my keys but in the incident that I referred to Wade stomped on the neck of the Argo player's neck in frustration after throwing an interception. I don't remember if Wade was suspended or not but I do remember that the next time the two teams played the Argos were basically given one free shot at frontier justice after which all parties settled down to get on with the game.

Your suggestion has merit but would become irrelevant if Randy Ambrosie deals with Hebert with an appropriate suspension which would not only put this imbecile on notice but also save the Argos 15 yards.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Speaking dirty hits, Bomber DT Cory Johnson, he of the somehow undetected forearm shiver to Ricky Rays head last month, pulled a dumb move in hitting CJ Gable in Hamilton last night by acting like he thought the Hamilton RB had caught a pass. At least this time he was flagged.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Speaking dirty hits, Bomber DT Cory Johnson, he of the somehow undetected forearm shiver to Ricky Rays head last month, pulled a dumb move in hitting CJ Gable in Hamilton last night by acting like he thought the Hamilton RB had caught a pass. At least this time he was flagged.
    Johnson was fined for that hit:

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/07/20/ball-m...-fined-week-4/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Thanks for the correction Neely. Not sure how I missed that....should have been penalized too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Thanks for the correction Neely. Not sure how I missed that....should have been penalized too.
    Yeah no idea how the refs missed that one, it was pretty blatant.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Given how little discipline the league actually hands out I wouldn't be that surprised if the players actually took it upon themselves to handle it.
    The league should and probably will hand out a fine for that helmet to helmet hit. But I believe there is a limit to what the fine can be in the CFLPA contract with the League. Not all that severe.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    The league should and probably will hand out a fine for that helmet to helmet hit. But I believe there is a limit to what the fine can be in the CFLPA contract with the League. Not all that severe.
    Yes IIRC the maximum fine is 25% of a week's pay. Since he's a repeat offender he really should be suspended.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    Yes IIRC the maximum fine is 25% of a week's pay. Since he's a repeat offender he really should be suspended.
    Definitely should be suspended as a repeat offender!! Send a message to other dirty players.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Alouettes’ Kyries Hebert fined maximum allowable for dangerous hit:

http://3downnation.com/2017/08/15/al...dangerous-hit/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Apparently the Maximum fine is Half a regular seasons game pay:

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/sta...29727904239616

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    It's time for a suspension for a serial offender.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Als' Kyries Hebert admits tackle was illegal, denies he's a dirty player:

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...a-dirty-player